PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Strikes again

AbundantCores
11-13-2014, 12:37 AM
There have been perditions of this latest batch of Ubisoft games running like a bag of rusty nails and they proved to be correct.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/289650/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated

every single post in that slams this game as unplayable junk.

Ubi said

"We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations,"

What a load of old rubbish and typical of Ubisoft to blame the vendor, the same problems just as bad are also on Intel + Nvidia combinations, whats more, this is a console port, all consoles now run on "AMD CPU and GPU configurations"

How incompetent can you get?

Absolute garbage, the game can barely load and the start menu lags. On top of that, I can't even load anything past the intro movie. Don't get this game until they fix all the bugs.

Very, very, very, very poorly optimized. Buggy, broken engine.

Running an i7 2600K with 16g of DDR3 and 2x 290x's. The game can get up to 40 frames per second on low. This is absolutely unacceptable. This has to be the laziest release from Ubisoft yet. How much worse can they get?

(update 11.11.14 12am) AMD Catalyst 14.11.1 drivers yield crossfire functionality with no performance increase. A single 290x in use yields even lower frame rates at roughly 20-30 frames per second.

Shadow flickering on just about every surface, massive fps drops, stuttering, laggy cutscenes, and crashes to the desktop. Same issues regardless of graphical settings.

Outside of that the actual gameplay is quite fun and much more rugged than the previous games. Unfortunately it is constantly interupted by these bugs. I can't recommend ACU to anyone while the bugs are still here. I will update if things are fixed switly.

If you haven't done so I recommend downloading the new Nvidia driver specifically for ACU, this helped some with the flickering shadows.

SPECS: These are above the minimum requirements!!

i7-3770 @ 3.5ghz

660 FTW Sig 2 series 3gb VRAM

16gb RAM

rrmartinezdl
11-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Next time, TRY before you BUY?

;) Ubisoft already considers you one of the Sailors tho.

AbundantCores
11-13-2014, 01:26 AM

I just don't get how a studio can be this incompetent, nothing Ubisoft makes works well, i play a lot of games, have done for many many years, i have a powerful computer, every game i play plays beautifully, ONLY Ubisoft games are ever a problem, mostly a complete disaster. especially the more recent ones.

And obviously i am far from alone, everyone i talk to with all kinds of Hardware combinations have problems, all over the internet people are screaming in dispare at Ubisoft's junk.

This game was optimised for Game consoles with PC hardware, AMD PC hardware, you would think that if not Nvidia it should at least run like silk on AMD hardware, but somehow they managed even to ##### that up.

How?

Wraith_of_sands
11-13-2014, 01:28 AM
magic:cool:

GrungePunk
11-13-2014, 08:36 AM

Is that some kind of hint to go grab it off TPB? At least those sailors aren't getting ripped off I guess. They're also not getting arrested or sued. Makes one wonder what the point to actually buying games is these days especially from companies like Ubisoft and EA. I guess if we all turned into peg-legged swashbucklers they'd just stop releasing the games for PC.

AbundantCores
11-13-2014, 05:05 PM
There are a lot of posts on the net about people deliberately pirating the game because they think Ubisoft deserve it.

Stealing someones work is not cool, no matter how bad it is and how much you want to protest about that, its better just to tell them what you think of it in places like this.

AbundantCores
11-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Really?????

http://fudzilla.net/home/item/36300-assassins-creed-unity-reminds-us-that-30ish-fps-is-enough

What i have to say on it;

Stop regurgitating Ubisoft nonsense, they are known to try and push the acceptance of low Frame Rates and looking
like idiots in the process, presumably because their games generally run
like crap and get worse if the Frame Rates aren't capped.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-13-2014, 07:05 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2847341/ubisoft-pledges-fixes-for-assassins-creed-unitys-atrocious-performance-issues.html

This is the most spot on review I've seen. I can't say it enough, the frame rate issues that are experienced in the open world are CPU-related. We need settings to reduce the things that hurt frame rate in the open world: lighting (notice that eagle vision disables the sun light effect and improves performance), large crowds (we need to be able to reduce the number of NPCs that spawn in the game world), and buildings (and their interiors. we need to be able to reduce their lod/detail).

The frame rate issues that are experienced during the cutscenes are GPU-related, and mostly due to Nvidia's hair tech. It's the same as COD Ghost's fur tech, which was also Nvidia. That game had a setting to disable that fur tech, and it improved performance. We need the same for AC Unity.

wootwoots
11-13-2014, 07:24 PM
There are a lot of posts on the net about people deliberately pirating the game because they think Ubisoft deserve it.
Stealing someones work is not cool, no matter how bad it is and how much you want to protest about that, its better just to tell them what you think of it in places like this.

Its mostly to indicate that ppl might like a lot their game, but because of the worse optimization ever made, the game is wasted, so no point to give money to devs that totaly destroy your gaming experience just because of that.
( And saying that optimizing a game for pc could be "hard" considering all different hardware combo, is clearly not an excuse since many devs succeed to do that pretty well. )

And its a real shame considering how good this game is. Mean, there is a real amazing work behind..
But because of somes totaly incomptent / lazy devs to build a solid engine that's going to run smoothly... the 4years work for that game is completly wasted... Nice Job !

Somes guys should NEVER be allowed to work into gaming industry.... :mad:

Aashay07
11-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Why do people even buy Ubisoft games on PC. It feels like living with an abusive partner who just wouldn't improve. So your best bet is to not buy their games for PC. Spend your money on other studios that give you value for your purchase.