PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been able to use a gaming controller for PC?

cfaulk080
11-13-2014, 12:33 AM
The game won't even recognize that I have a controller plugged in when I go into customize controls. While playing the game the only buttons that work are are A, B, Y, and X. However, they are flipped and I have no way to change the to how they should be. The controller works perfectly from my desktop, going through devices and printers-->properties, and testing the buttons there. I submitted a support ticket, but I've gotten no response.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it? Playing with a keyboard is damn near impossible.

Rothruindir
11-13-2014, 12:41 AM
The game won't even recognize that I have a controller plugged in when I go into customize controls. While playing the game the only buttons that work are are A, B, Y, and X. However, they are flipped and I have no way to change the to how they should be. The controller works perfectly from my desktop, going through devices and printers-->properties, and testing the buttons there. I submitted a support ticket, but I've gotten no response.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it? Playing with a keyboard is damn near impossible.

When I get the game I will give it a go and try and help out, what controller are you using however? also you should be able to re configure the controls to what would suit you best, which is great for the free running part, I tend to configure it to AC3 free running controls since they were the easiest (: personal message me tomorrow if the problem hasn't be solved by then as that's when i should have the game (living in the UK)

Daywalker-nz
11-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Hi I am using a logitech f710 and it works like a charm feels like im playing on a playstation4 with much better graphics. I had to calibrate my controller before going into the game but once calibrated i found no problems with it in game infact the response is damn right amazing

Bahjabroni
11-13-2014, 01:22 AM

It will be a lot easier for someone to help you without support if you post what controller you're trying to use.

I use a 360 Controller for Windows and it works absolutely fine with no issues.

A good place to check for an answer would be the manufacturer site of your controller. Undoubtedly, espc if they have a forum, you may find an answer for it directly on there. Ubi will likely direct you to them anyway.

bradj2013
11-13-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm using a ps3 controller on windows 8.1 with the motioninjoy gamepad tool, works fine.

kctay
11-13-2014, 03:09 AM
I use Xbox wireless on pc, no issues.

Temujin1162
11-13-2014, 03:19 AM
Using an Xbox 360 controller, absolutely no problems here on my end.