PDA

View Full Version : Wow really? Not good..

DatGuyAsh
11-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Hey all.
I have pre-ordered on Amazon and I can not wait to play it :d..

But should I be worried by these stupid reviewers giving the game a 6 out of 10 etc?
Also what do you guys think of the micro transactions were you can buy gear, weapons etc with real life cash?

Is there any information on how long the game play goes on for?

Check this video out -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNl7LuLHht4&list=PL_QtSMEGimbw-G8HuVBEHI9SHTk_RllRC#t=193

EmptyCrustacean
11-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Hey all.
I have pre-ordered on Amazon and I can not wait to play it :d..

But should I be worried by these stupid reviewers giving the game a 6 out of 10 etc?
Also what do you guys think of the micro transactions were you can buy gear, weapons etc with real life cash?

Is there any information on how long the game play goes on for?

Check this video out -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNl7LuLHht4&list=PL_QtSMEGimbw-G8HuVBEHI9SHTk_RllRC#t=193

You're aware of all the bugs and consistent drop in frame rates, right?
http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-unity-has-the-best-glitches-1657939797

xbl_xtro1
11-12-2014, 11:32 PM
screw the microtransactions... you can choose to ignore them easily. The game is amazing. It's back to the roots but with enhanced core gameplay mechanics. The AI, stealth, fighting, parkour are much better then before. Fights can be tough but hiding and evading is easy. So you can strategize WAY more than before. the new mechanics open up greatly the ways you choose to play. Graphically its beautiful... only there are annoying framerate issues and some glitches at the moment but they should be fixed hopefully soon.

DatGuyAsh
11-12-2014, 11:33 PM
You're aware of all the bugs and consistent drop in frame rates, right?
http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-unity-has-the-best-glitches-1657939797

Not since I seen your link you have just posted..
It's a new game all new games come out with bugs and what not look at AW servers are buggy and people doing hack lobbies already..

Not every release game is perfect surely they'll fix the bugs etc sooner or later

Jailwhale
11-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Microtransicgtions are COMPLETELY optional
you can easily earn everything in the game without ever needing to buy it with real life cash
Also
the reason for the low score
is because reviewers are so biased
and only care about graphics framerate
which can easily be patched they are already working on it

DatGuyAsh
11-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Microtransicgtions are COMPLETELY optional
you can easily earn everything in the game without ever needing to buy it with real life cash
Also
the reason for the low score
is because reviewers are so biased
and only care about graphics framerate
which can easily be patched they are already working on it

True but apparently weapons cost a lot of in game cash.. :'(

EmptyCrustacean
11-12-2014, 11:49 PM
Not since I seen your link you have just posted..
It's a new game all new games come out with bugs and what not look at AW servers are buggy and people doing hack lobbies already..

Not every release game is perfect surely they'll fix the bugs etc sooner or later

Have you read the reviews? Unity is a game where all its good points is directly undermined by its glitches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ppbp_gaHS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgsOzysF7cY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h13CSI5VVJc

DatGuyAsh
11-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Have you read the reviews? Unity is a game where all its good points is directly undermined by its glitches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ppbp_gaHS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgsOzysF7cY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h13CSI5VVJc

Not sure if you are dissing/****ging this game off? If so are you here to troll?
Games come with glitches I can cope with them as long as there being fixed for the future..

Journey93
11-12-2014, 11:56 PM
yes you should be worried
Unity was rushed even more so than AC3 I don't blame Amancio & Co. but Ubisoft
I'm sure if they had more time they would have made an awesome game but as it stands..

EmptyCrustacean
11-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Not sure if you are dissing/****ging this game off? If so are you here to troll?
Games come with glitches I can cope with them as long as there being fixed for the future..

Look, I didn't want to admit it either. I have been looking forward to this game all year and the last few weeks having seen all the trailers and gameplay clips that excitement
peaked to a point that I was worried I might die of cardiac arrest before the game had even been released but we must face facts: the reviews are in and they are not good.
I'm not saying you shouldn't get it. I'm just saying you shouldn't ignore criticism of the game, and know what you're getting into before buying so that you're not disappointed.
Since Unity's release all any one is talking about is the bugs. Nobody is even mentioning the gameplay and story any more because it's so unplayable, especially on PS4.

xbl_xtro1
11-13-2014, 12:20 AM
I think they actually might have somewhat locked the framerate at 30. But it's all the online communication with uplay or whatever that's f*** s** up. They didnt test that well enough. Overall though mechanics wise it is the best AC since 1. They didnt add unnecessary gimmicks... instead they fixed the core.

2 things could bother the critics... its french and set in france. Its true though that the story is far less interesting than 1 and 2. the original creators of the game had some edgier/better ideas in that domain. Once the technical kinks are sorted out it deserves a better score than COD. hold on to it for a bit.

EmptyCrustacean
11-13-2014, 12:50 AM
The reviews are not good? Are you one of those idiots that listen to sites like kotaku or polygon? A lot of sites have given this game 4 out of 5 and 8 out of 10. They already said they're working on a patch. And you're acting like its unplayable but its not. Maybe for people like you that have obsessive compulsive disorder over framerate. Unity is amazing, leave

As for you, I'm not even going to entertain your nonsense. I ignore your posts on here because you're a fanboy who refuses to admit the games flaws and refers to other long time fans of the series as 'haters' when they talk negatively about aspects of the game. And FYI: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930817

Nuff said.

cawatrooper9
11-13-2014, 12:52 AM
Don't let the reviews bother you. I just started playing today, and I'm blown away by how great this game is.

EmptyCrustacean
11-13-2014, 01:11 AM
You're a troll. I know you haven't played the game, because you wouldn't be sitting here claiming that 7s and 8s out of 10 is bad. The only flaw is the framerate. Which theyre fixing. Don't be a framerate nerd. Also neogaf is a useless website full of nerds, haha including you. I don't have any reason to believe you or any of those people are "longtime fans". It hurts you to know I'm right. U mad?

Whatever.
And I didn't say the actual score is bad, it's the COMMENTS that are concerning. And yes, frame rate is important because constant stuttering breaks game play.
No, I haven't played the game - seeing the videos is enough and I trust the reviews as they are often spot on. I'm probably not going to purchase it until they release a patch.
Hurts me to know you're? right lol Are you 12? You sound like it. I actually really hope you're right. For the sake of all the people you're misleading by hyping this bug infested game I really, really do. Peace.

D.I.D.
11-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Just been playing it tonight for the first time (European, late release, PC). As such, there's no way I'd write a post like this to someone who was asking "Should I buy it?", but since you have bought it and you just want to hear some good news, I have some. And some not-so-good news. But mostly good news!

I can't speak for the console game, but the PC game is very pretty. I've seen some dodgy textures, but then again my game is still downloading so I think perhaps I won't get true High/Ultra textures until the whole thing loads. This doesn't explain why the highest shadows setting looks so poor, or why none of the AA settings can stop the "crawling ants" effect. Other Ubisoft games have used TXAA very effectively to stop this happening, but for some reason it's not working here. Even with the odd textures, it's extraordinarily good-looking so I expect it'll look great on the consoles too. Movement is much better in some ways, but a little weird and clunky in others too. It's not really smooth and graceful, overall, although some moves are really interesting. I think you'll see more to like than dislike about the movement, particularly with the huge increase in diagonal aerial tricks. You have a lot more leeway when running around the edges of rooftops to just point in the direction you'd like to go and tell him to jump, and it happens. This might seem like nothing new, but it really is. You'll suddenly realise how much you were pulling yourself into line before.

Combat was a nice surprise. Although the first mission is very gentle, as soon as you're in Arno's shoes you'll encounter much tougher guards in some spots. As they said, engage three decent guards (such as those guarding chests) in direct combat at the beginning of the game, and they will kill you. That's great. However, I worked out very quickly that all I need to do is trot in a small loop, and they'll amble out to get me with such a slow movement that I can simply loop back, rob the chest with them watching me, and they won't make it back over the 15-20 yards to stop me doing it. Hopefully they'll get a bit smarter or more difficult to avoid later.

It really does have the "updated ACII" feel. The beginning is back to that thing of being a rogue-ish nobleman in among ornate architecture and high society, and Arno's character comes across really well in the cutscenes which are better than any we've seen in the series before by a country mile.

I've only played a few missions and cleared the first map of chest icons. I can't get the last Initiates chest because Initiates hasn't imported all my Uplay data, and I don't know if it's possible for me to hit the necessary level (11) during Unity itself. Hopefully they'll fix that. I also can't open the Companion App-related chests because the app is very temperamental; at first it connected to my PC fine, whereas now I really need it to unlock a landmark and get the Nomad system running, I can't. It's been impossible to connect for the last few hours. I'm lucky that I have a phone that can access this app, and I like it as an amusingly overkill version of the minimap, and it's great for a handheld "book" of all the notes and references, but I can't say the prospect of getting stuff that others can't out of these chests makes me feel good. I don't think it was a good idea to do this just as a means of squeezing an extra couple of dollars out of a proportion of users and getting more usage data. This should have been a little bonus as a take-it-or-leave-it freebie as a thank-you to fans, without any monetisation or walled-off content, and there's a lot of this kind of thing dotted around the game. Yes it's mostly optional, but it's also in your face and conspicuous. Ubisoft can use this kind of thing to repair its reputation if they play it the right way. If they don't, not only will they look worse every year but companies like CDProjekt Red are going to make them look even worse by treating their fans so much better.

Already I'm seeing major glitches - nothing game breaking, but very weird stuff: guys in a casual standing pose but floating off down the street at speed, some people floating upwards, some sinking into the ground. There seem to be no checks to prevent the NPCs from saying the same line that they just said seconds before, again and again. It's not a big deal for fans of the series - we'll ignore it as these things happen, because we've got a vested interest in seeing more of the game. The reviewers were right to criticise the unfinished feel of the game, and I can see why so many customers are bitterly complaining about paying full whack for a game that, as some say, "feels like beta access". Nobody was exaggerating about that. Yes, it's among the most visually impressive games ever made, but at the same time it has undeniably been released too soon. This game needed another 6 months to a year to get some more issues ironed out, but we've got it purely because of the insistence upon Q4 releases.

It's all down to missions now. There's a lot of potential here already even in simple chases, and it's a lot more fun to use the building access as a means of escaping a chase than using any of the old blending systems, so I'm already quite optimistic about the potential here. This could easily end up being an ACR or ACIII, though - all the prettiness in the world won't help if the game is never truly exciting, but we'll see. Every reviewer had a mixture of good and bad things to say, but some couldn't recommend it to their readers with a pure conscience. They're not stupid, or wrong, or evil. A disappointing game that fails to hit its targets and won't win new converts could still be one that we like, and we don't have to misrepresent these reviewers' opinions or denigrate them as people. So far I agree with them, and I'm enjoying these early stages. We can do both.