PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed: Rogue & Unity Personal Reviews *SPOILERS*

RinoTheBouncer
11-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Hey everyone,
I’m back from my hideout after finally finishing both games, and wow! what a journey it was. I wanted to make this thread for all of us to rate and review both games, share what we like and dislike about them from story, graphics, characters, gameplay, locations, side quests...etc. So I’ll start:

SPOILER ALERT!

AC:Rogue

Story - 8.5/10

I loved the story and the idea of seeing the events from the perspective of a Templar. I loved how it was morally gray, rather than just showing telling you that this is a good guy and that is a bad guy. The only things I didn’t like about it are it’s length, as the game was short, even though not very short, but I felt like the sequences didn’t have much to say. In other words, the concept was great, but I felt like the sequences could’ve been richer.

The transition from Assassin to Templar was good because it wasn’t a personal reason, it was out of wanting the best for mankind, questioning the everything that doesn’t sound and feel right. That’s what I really loved. I also loved the transitions to Paris. They were short but done in a really special way that especially in my case when I played Rogue before Unity, these were like teasers to what I’m about to witness next and of course the connection between the two games.

On the other hand, the modern day, though rich in details about the Templars, the Creed and all, I was hoping to see Juno or any First Civ. member. I loved how the electricity cuts at the start and you feel like something big is gonna happen, but the sad part is that nothing big happens. I thought that Juno will show up or perhaps Galina or somebody that we know and gets possessed by Juno and some cliffhanger kicks in. But that did not happen. The modern day was rich in information, but it actual lacked events.

What I also felt that the game missed was a backstory for Shay. I mean they promoted the game as if Shay was born into the Creed and have known nothing but loyalty to it. What really happened was that Shay wasn’t so convinced in the Creed, like judging by the early sequences, It’s like he always questioned the Creed, always didn’t feel like they’re the right people. I was hoping to see some backstory to him, perhaps even showing that he might have been born into the Creed or something like that but no, it felt like the game just pointed us to an Assassin and then made him a Templar.

I adore the fact that he questions everything because to me, that’s being a creative thinker and a independent human being, rather than taking orders from a leader or a mentor or anything like that. But what bothered me is that just because you disagree with somebody, doesn’t mean you have to ally with its enemies.

Another thing about the story is how the book mentioned earlier in the game strikingly resembled what we know as The Voynich Manuscript and it got me so excited cause I was like “yeah, we’re gonna learn more about this mystery and it’s links to the First Civ.” but I felt like the writer forgot what he was writing about and just continued with a different story. I didn’t understand the purpose of the book, they said it had strange drawings of plants and a weird language, and it needs something to translate it, and the translation was showing a hologram of the Earth, like in ACIV, showing locations of artifacts that if you touch, the balance of the lands above which they’re buried will be disrupted. So what’s the point of leading us to those and what’s the connection of the plants to this?

Characters - 9.5/10

Shay Cormac is a wonderful protagonist. He’s one of the most interesting AC characters ever. As I said, the way he questions everything, the way he doesn’t just follow but always tries to reason and wonder about whether the “order” or the task he’s given brings good or bad. That’s one of the most important aspects of him. His fellow characters were also interesting, but I just didn’t like the fact that they didn’t have any sort of conversation or discussion about what happened. Maybe this is the moral of the story, which is that the Creed before Connor was corrupted or just not acting/thinking right, that’s why it all fell apart.

I just didn’t like how those people which he called brothers, including Liam and Hope have just totally gotten over him and marked him as an enemy. But in the end, I enjoyed these characters, all of them including the ones we’ve seen before. Though I wish that Adewale had more epic appearances and roles than what he was given, but it was great after all.

I felt like Shay wasn’t a Templar. I mean he did fight alongside Templars but I just felt like he didn’t agree with everything they’re doing and still questioned their actions. And that’s what I loved. He keeps questioning things and to me, that’s how a mature person should be.

Environment - 6/10

The setting wasn’t bad, but it felt like a copy/paste from ACIV and ACIII. I was expecting that, actually, so I’m not disappointed as I knew that this is how it’s gonna be, but I wasn’t a big fan of sailing, like it was bearable in ACIV because Edward was great and it was still new, but not for a third time, no. And I prefer New York from ACIII than this New York.

I kinda loved the jungles, the small islands of the North Atlantic. They felt new, and the forts as well. Those were fine. But not the cities.

Graphics and Programing - 6/10

The graphics, though not bad, yet a step backward from ACIV. For example, Ezio and the others from AC:R along with Connor and the secondary cast of ACIII were much more detailed, and the art of the game in general, from 3D models to textures, to colors to animations and facial features and outfits, they were much better than AC:R. The design of the First Civ. sites were a huge step backwards from the breathtaking Grand Temple and Juno Temple.

There were no bugs or programing errors, though.

Gameplay - 7/10

The gameplay is pretty much the same as ACIV, which is actually entertaining. There’s a wide range of side activities that I’m yet to explore as I finished both Rogue and Unity fast just to see the story through. Yet the side quests seemed rich. It wasn’t so innovative and new, yet they were fun and entertaining on their own.

AC: Unity

Story - 9.5/10

So engaging, so interesting, so heart-wrenching, detailed and even funny at certain moment. I loved every bit of the story. The love between Elise and Arno, the story of the city and the era itself, the appearance of the Saga, being an Initiates contacted by the Assassins, the Time Anomalies. Every one of those was just perfect and very enjoyable. And the fact that we got to see The Sword of Eden like I was hoping since AC:U was announced in France, made me really happy.

What prevented me from giving it 10/10 was the total absence of Juno and a First Civ. site like we got used to in the past games was a major disappointment to me. Another thing is that we were told we have a Sage and the Sage is Germain, yet this Sage didn’t really do much in relation to Juno. It’s like he was a dark Templar Master who owned a Piece of Eden, yet I was eagerly waiting for us to actually know more about Juno and what she’s up to or if this Sage is hoping to do something to revive her in this age. But sadly, non of that happened and even the Assassins in the present day ended up not making much use of the Sage.

I was hoping that since we have Time Anomalies and since we were told at the start that Project Phoenix was aiming to trace the First Civ. DNA, I expected that we might have a brief Time Anomaly in First Civ. times. I also hoped that the Time Anomalies would have something more than just showing the city throughout different ages, like maybe the glitch wouldn’t put Arno but summon us as a character from that age to do a simple yet significant mission. That would’ve been more interesting, though they were nice the way they were.

Another disadvantage was the cliché ending to Elise story. I mean there’s nothing wrong with a happy ending. There wasn’t even a conflict between the two that required only one of them to live. Her death was absolutely unnecessary. I was hoping that she’d survive and have further significant roles alongside Arno, making the whole unity thing yield a greater good.

Characters - 10/10

One of the things that ACU gets right is the characters. I LOVE Arno and I’m so glad we’re getting DLC for him. I wish that he gets a sequel one day. His story also doesn’t feel finished. I loved how he’s a man, a man who wants to set things right whether they’re for him, for Elise, for the Creed or for his country and the world. He fought Templars, he disagreed and questioned the Assassins and the protected Elise and avenged her father and he also walked on his father’s footsteps.

Arno is also a very likable character and a funny one as well. I can tell you that his love story with Elise is one of the best thing I’ve seen in gaming. I love how they just love each other, rather than just sharing a kiss or some “stuff” but no commitment, no, they were like engaged to each other, like a family together. That’s why the ending bothered me, because there wasn’t anything wrong with them like conflict of interests or anything, but rather everything was so perfect and her death was just unnecessary. They could’ve been such a great example of a unity between an Assassin and a Templar who both want the good for the nation, together and both question their own system that they follow, in order to do what’s right, regardless of the consequences.

Elise is one of the most interesting AC characters and I wish she gets her own DLC one day, even though it’s highly unlikely. I mean you can’t imagine how many screenshots of her, Arno and both of them together I’ve taken throughout the game, I just love looking at them. I never knew AC could get a love story right in such a large scale. In AC:R, it was amazing, but very minor, and here it’s a major part of the game and it’s amazing.

I also loved Bellec and the Creed members themselves, Napoleon as well. They were a great cast.

Environment - 10/10

Paris is really beautiful. I mean I was sort of indifferent from the trailers but experiencing the game itself is just amazing. Versailles was also wonderful, and I just ADORE how we’re able to visit the interiors of so many buildings and it all felt as real as it is in real life.

Graphics and Programming - 9/10

The game looks really great. I mean no gameplay trailer so far could show what the game really looks like. Of course, it’s not like the sneak peek, but it’s really close. For a first next-gen game, it’s very well done. I kept taking screenshots cause everything looked so beautiful and detailed that you can set those as your background cause they’re close to the quality of official renders.

The game did suffer glitches, yes. Especially in co-op missions like falling into the roof and sticking halfway in a gray space, enemies not showing and Arno keeps receiving damage, only red dots appearing and no enemies showing up, pop-ins, flying NPCs and enemies. Those stuff did happen and I just didn’t like how the parkour works now. I know how to do it, but it often causes Arno to get stuck or perform too unrealistic movements and some frame-rate drops did occur as well and I also think that can be solved by an update, so I’m not so worried.

I think they also need to update Arno so that we can actually change his outfit after the game ends. Once the game is finished, Arno is stuck to one outfit, which is a Napoleonic Uniform, and choosing other outfits only updates the stats not the looks or colors. I hope that can be fixed as well, cause it’s such a waste to buy all these expensive clothes and not be able to show them off.

Gameplay - 9.5/10

The gameplay was so entertaining. The co-op missions are A LOT MORE entertaining than I ever though they’ll turn out to be and I’m glad they all add to the story of the game, rather than just a shared experience of the same game missions. All the customizations, and outfits are really great and for the first time, the legacy outfits are actually well fit on Arno, like they’re tailored to suit him. And the fact that we can unlock the Sword of Eden at the end is just a WONDERFUL REWARD. It’s like for the first time in centuries, a video game actually offers you a reward that you’re gonna make use of and feel “rewarded” by in the end, rather than just pointless alternative designs of the same weapons with a few tweaks or something so cosmetic that you wouldn’t need.

I actually do feel like I got something special in the end and it made the gameplay much more fun. I was just racing to end the story of the game because I was so excited to know the events so I didn’t get much money nor buy many outfits, I only upgraded the “skin” and the health and took a more stealth-oriented approach. But after finishing the game, I truly feel stronger with the Sword of Eden and taking a more confrontational approach towards enemies. In other words, I feel badas* and I love that!

All in all, both games offered a new thing, a different look at the Creed. There’s a lot of questioning to the Creed and the Order in both games. There are so many bad guys and good guys on both sides and the protagonists tend to be somewhere in the middle which makes them more human and more like leaders and less like followers. That’s what I really loved.

I’m deeply disappointed by the total lack of any news about Juno, not even one appearance, and I hope future games do not repeat that because First Civ is one of the major parts to me and I don’t think it hurts to include a few cutscenes that show First Civ. members and push their story forward.

But other than that, everything was perfect and I’m glad I got more than one copy and edition of each game, and I’m so excited for the DLC and to continue my journey with the side quests and the remaining heists and co-op missions.

RA503
11-12-2014, 09:32 PM
only a question: you already unlocked all the database for the moden day on helix missons ?read then ? and liked ?

and I think that you will have problems because of the spoilers...

RinoTheBouncer
11-12-2014, 09:35 PM
only a question: you already unlocked all the database for the moden day on helix missons ?read then ? and liked ?

and I think that you will have problems because of the spoilers...

Not all of them, but if a major character like Juno turns into something to write only a few little notes about in the database, then they’re good as gone.

RA503
11-12-2014, 09:38 PM
what the unlockables in the database says ? I never found videos about them(plese only give spoilers about the secrets of unity,rogue I want to discovery myself...)

del170928075253
11-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Just a question about the final cinematic :
Do you think like me that Arno is reinstated into the Brotherhood after the Sequence 12 ?
In the final cinematic, he said this :

"We believe ourselves redeemers, avengers, saviors. We make war on those who oppose us, and they in turn make war on us. We dream of leaving our stamp upon the world ... even as we give our lives in a conflict that will be recorded in no history book."

He told about the war between Assassins and Templar and he uses "We"... For me, i think he is an Assassin (Master) during the final cinematic (When he goes to the Elise's tomb)

Thanks,

Farlander1991
11-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Another disadvantage was the cliché ending to Elise story. I mean there’s nothing wrong with a happy ending. There wasn’t even a conflict between the two that required only one of them to live. Her death was absolutely unnecessary. I was hoping that she’d survive and have further significant roles alongside Arno, making the whole unity thing yield a greater good.

Her death was not unnecessary. Different characters represent different extremes in Unity. You may notice that in Unity all extremists die, and the surviving characters are moderates like Arno or Napoleon, who wiggle their way through. As both Arno and Elise share approximately the same girl, and as she is the closest person to Arno, and as she is the opposite of Arno (in a sense that Arno is a moderate and she's an extremist) her death serves to prove a point about obsession. A point that would not be accentuated well enough with other characters had she not died.

His story also doesn’t feel finished.

Again the 'story not finished' thing :/ His arc was complete. We get a DLC for him (and an ending scene that hints at that DLC), but, just like Altair, Connor or Ezio or Edward after their respective games, he doesn't need more stories.

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks for these awesome reviews rino! It makes me look foreward too them soo much, finaly some positivity here :)

wvstolzing
11-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Great write-up; though I respectfully have to disagree about story & characterization in Rogue. It's definitely a fun game in an ACB-to-AC4 kind of way, but the writing is awful ... I mean, Bloodlines had better writing than this. It's grade-school stage-production level.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Good analysis, Rino. :)

It's good to finally have someone that actually analyzed everything and not just the visuals and stuff.

I agree with your points about Rogue in that:

Shay is his own man...

He doesn't necessarily follow the Assassins or Templars in a sense, but his own set of principles to benefit Mankind. Even at the beginning, you can actually see him being a true believer of the Creed's tenets and what it meant to seeing the harsh reality of what it does to the world.

"If everything is permitted, how is anyone truly safe?"

Even though I think they could've gone deeper in his transition to a Templar, I did however feel that he still remained Shay. He didn't turn into a heartless killer like Kratos, nor did he become a "Posterboy" for the Templars...he was still himself. All of this was clear when he still hesitated to kill those he called brother.
( Especially Hope & Liam)

He didn't want to do it, but he knew he had to do it as he knew it would benefit the greater good.
( As seen with the white speeches)

So yes, some things here and there could've been better, but I actually thought Shay lived to his potential and really presented the Templars well.

And that ending... ;)

RA503
11-12-2014, 11:26 PM
RinoTheBouncer about juno :

you actually unlock mesages of her catching the animus fragments in rogue I just unlock one now.

koolmoedee1010
11-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Probably just me but does anyone find that Shay Cormac from rogue looks like some dude pulled straight out of a trailer park and sent back in time to the colonial Era. I Don't get an "assassin" vibe from him at all. More of a "you-know-your-a-redneck-when. ...." sort of thing going on.

ze_topazio
11-13-2014, 01:47 AM
He got a significant upgrade after joining the Templars, being a Templar automatically makes you more classy.

RinoTheBouncer
11-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Her death was not unnecessary. Different characters represent different extremes in Unity. You may notice that in Unity all extremists die, and the surviving characters are moderates like Arno or Napoleon, who wiggle their way through. As both Arno and Elise share approximately the same girl, and as she is the closest person to Arno, and as she is the opposite of Arno (in a sense that Arno is a moderate and she's an extremist) her death serves to prove a point about obsession. A point that would not be accentuated well enough with other characters had she not died.

Again the 'story not finished' thing :/ His arc was complete. We get a DLC for him (and an ending scene that hints at that DLC), but, just like Altair, Connor or Ezio or Edward after their respective games, he doesn't need more stories.[/COLOR]

I didn’t find her as an extremist. I found her more of a mature and independent character. She didn’t blindly follow the order, and she was open to the idea of fighting alongside an Assassin and even meeting the Assassins themselves, so I don’t see how that makes her an extremist.

She was like Arno, fighting for a more personal reason which is avenging her father. Yes, she was a bit obsessed with that matter, but again, wasn’t Arno also obsessed with redemption and setting things right? didn’t he also use the support of the Assassins for his own personal vendetta? to me, neither Arno nor Elise felt like a true Assassin or a Templar. They felt like two realistic people, fighting for their lives and the betterment of others, regardless of what label they put on themselves or what creed or order they fight for. And the way she died, she died not because for example, she had to activate a device to save the world that killed her, nor that she knew she was gonna die and she did it for the betterment of mankind or anything, nor like she let herself be executed for that sake of keeping a secret or something.

It’s like her death just happened because she happened to be smacked against a pillar, that’s all. And Arno go hit by even a stronger blow and he survived. So I don’t know, I felt like her death was so cliche, and something that they decided just so they can avoid a happy ending with she and Arno holding hands and walking towards the sunset (or maybe floating in a balloon towards it) haha.

Thanks for these awesome reviews rino! It makes me look foreward too them soo much, finaly some positivity here :)

Thank you. I’m glad you liked my review. I personally tried to review the game before reading anything else about it, because I wanted my judgement to be based on my own experience and not influenced by what others liked and disliked about it. :D I was actually shocked to see that the game got 6’s and 7s or Kotaku saying that they do not recommend the game..etc. I mean both games weren’t perfect, but not that bad.

Great write-up; though I respectfully have to disagree about story & characterization in Rogue. It's definitely a fun game in an ACB-to-AC4 kind of way, but the writing is awful ... I mean, Bloodlines had better writing than this. It's grade-school stage-production level.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree that ACII, AC:B and AC:R are much better and I do criticize the lack of story telling in AC:Rogue where it sort of felt like some things just happened too fast. Like someone’s fast forwarding in a movie and something similar happened in AC:U. I was hoping that they’d have more “tear-inducing speeches”, something like Ezio’s speech after Yusuf’s death perhaps. But sadly there weren’t much of these, if at all.

Good analysis, Rino. :)

It's good to finally have someone that actually analyzed everything and not just the visuals and stuff.

I agree with your points about Rogue in that:

Shay is his own man...

He doesn't necessarily follow the Assassins or Templars in a sense, but his own set of principles to benefit Mankind. Even at the beginning, you can actually see him being a true believer of the Creed's tenets and what it meant to seeing the harsh reality of what it does to the world.

"If everything is permitted, how is anyone truly safe?"

Even though I think they could've gone deeper in his transition to a Templar, I did however feel that he still remained Shay. He didn't turn into a heartless killer like Kratos, nor did he become a "Posterboy" for the Templars...he was still himself. All of this was clear when he still hesitated to kill those he called brother.
( Especially Hope & Liam)

He didn't want to do it, but he knew he had to do it as he knew it would benefit the greater good.
( As seen with the white speeches)

So yes, some things here and there could've been better, but I actually thought Shay lived to his potential and really presented the Templars well.

And that ending... ;)

YES. That’s exactly what I was saying. Shay was his own man before and after being a Templar. He just never felt like a follower, but rather a leader. He did listen to Haytham and Achilles before, but it’s like he never allowed either side to change who he is, and that’s something I highly admired, though 3-4 more sequences would’ve done him more justice.

RinoTheBouncer about juno :

you actually unlock mesages of her catching the animus fragments in rogue I just unlock one now.

That’s good, but the problem is when the story of a major character like Juno who’s the main concern since ACIII turned into some notes found as an optional objective, then the story is as good as good. I mean how harmful to anyone would it be if after fighting Germain, we got into an underground Temple and saw a hologram of hers, or perhaps she hacked our own Helix to deliver a speech. That would’ve been epic.

Farlander1991
11-13-2014, 01:28 PM
I didn’t find her as an extremist.

By 'extremists' I didn't mean extremists as in, well, extremists, I mean representations of an extreme (as I said, different characters represent different extremes)

Yes, she was a bit obsessed with that matter, but again, wasn’t Arno also obsessed with redemption and setting things right?

But that's the difference, Arno was willing to put his obsession aside when he deemed necessary. Elise wasn't.

And the way she died, she died not because for example, she had to activate a device to save the world that killed her, nor that she knew she was gonna die and she did it for the betterment of mankind or anything, nor like she let herself be executed for that sake of keeping a secret or something.

She died because of herself, because that's the price she was willing to pay (with Elise's letters that part's a little more fleshed out). That's what Unity's message is. Heck, Arno at the end even recaps that :p

It’s like her death just happened because she happened to be smacked against a pillar, that’s all.

She was at the epicenter of a pretty big explosion. But, yeah, that's how... that's how people die. Not for a higher purpose or anything. Again, that's part of Unity's message. If there would be something huge at stake, that would've been an absolutely different message.

RinoTheBouncer
11-13-2014, 01:34 PM
By 'extremists' I didn't mean extremists as in, well, extremists, I mean representations of an extreme (as I said, different characters represent different extremes)

But that's the difference, Arno was willing to put his obsession aside when he deemed necessary. Elise wasn't.

She died because of herself, because that's the price she was willing to pay (with Elise's letters that part's a little more fleshed out). That's what Unity's message is. Heck, Arno at the end even recaps that :p

She was at the epicenter of a pretty big explosion. But, yeah, that's how... that's how people die. Not for a higher purpose or anything. Again, that's part of Unity's message. If there would be something huge at stake, that would've been an absolutely different message.[/COLOR]

Yeah. I understand what you’re saying, but I was hoping for something better for her. I mean she’s a very well crafted character and her story with Arno was beautiful that I took so many screenshots of them together. I loved how they allied and how their differences were never a problem and their love was bigger than the Creed and the Order to them. I felt like they only decided to deliver this ‘message’ because they didn’t wanna have another Connor, where people start calling for a sequel or DLC or whatever. That’s the disappointing part.

She was really great and she has much more potential than any other side character in AC. To be perfectly honest, she’s much more worthy of an independent DLC or sequel than Adewale, for example. And it seemed to me that they only did this to put a closure before fans start calling out for one and sadly, it wasn’t a good closure and something so predictable. I loved the story of the game as a whole, but during that part, I was like “OK, when will Elise die?” I saw it coming and that’s what I didn’t like. Maybe I would’ve accepted an ending where Arno ends up killing her or she ends up killing Arno, or both die to save the world from something big or both survive and put more meaning to this unity.

avk111
11-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Ok I reallly dont want to Hijack your thread with Connor positives,

But for all those who critisized Connor for trying to make peace with the templars , now they can see how it works :)

Also I really think Ubisoft should keep Juno for Connor sequel (if there is any)

Because after carefull study about Connor , if I was him I would be on the path of trying to discover what these spirits i.e. Juno aim for humans and how to put a stop to them.

After all it was her bluff that destroyed his village.

As for Arno , I think he is a nice character as well , how are the fight controls ? are they any good ? do they feel solid or broken like many say ?

MakimotoJin
11-13-2014, 01:49 PM
I can't play Unity(yet),so I'll give my honest review about Rogue.
It's obvious that most people hate Rogue because it seems like a copy-paste of ACIV,but I can tell you it's not.It features a lot of new content,and it feels like a different game in many aspects.
It's full of stuff to do,and all of them are amazing.Not to mention that most are inspired by other ACs,so if it is the last last-gen AC,it ended very well.
The locations are really beautiful,the North Atlantic for example,with all the snowy mountains and the icy sea is amazing.The River Valley is indeed like the Frontier from AC3,but with a badass ship.Talking about ships,the naval combat is the same,but with everything bad from AC4(which is not much) fixed.
The story is one of those "them feels".If you felt something by playing Infamous or The Last of Us,you're gonna have "them feels" in Rogue too.Some might think that it makes the Assassins look like the villains,but as some random person told me,everyone is the hero in their story.Although it is short,it's very well made,and the reason I bought the game.
However,there's still some stuff I didn't like.The free-running is,as always,at bit frustrating,and the game has some bugs,like cutscenes(sometimes the characters don't appear,except Shay) and the game crashed the same day twice.Also,the combat system is really stupid when fighting against main targets.Smoke bomb,and there you go,ded.But it's also challenging,because some stalkers can counter-kill you if you start spamming the attack button.
So if you liked Black Flag,AC3 and Revelations,you're gonna love this.It has the feels,the beautiful ocean and Haytham
also there's Modern Day but who cares

Dev_Anj
11-13-2014, 02:13 PM
I like that there is one thread which isn't hijacked by people who hate AC: Unity because of some glitches and framerate issues. Ubisoft should've solved these issues sooner, but they have been poisoning this forum by acting immature lately. Good to see there's one place where people are still discussing sanely. Claps to you!

RinoTheBouncer
11-13-2014, 02:22 PM

But for all those who critisized Connor for trying to make peace with the templars , now they can see how it works :)

Also I really think Ubisoft should keep Juno for Connor sequel (if there is any)

Because after carefull study about Connor , if I was him I would be on the path of trying to discover what these spirits i.e. Juno aim for humans and how to put a stop to them.

After all it was her bluff that destroyed his village.

As for Arno , I think he is a nice character as well , how are the fight controls ? are they any good ? do they feel solid or broken like many say ?

Well I do think that ACIII could’ve been better, even though I adore it just the way it is, with the exception of the last 7 minutes which were beyond terrible. But the game and protagonist as a whole were perfect and I wouldn’t blame Connor for being so undecided between Assassins and Templars and it’s not just the naiveté, but rather how the whole conflict back then was so confusing.

I don’t think that making peace with the Templars is a bad idea, though I hated how Elise had to die as I wished she’d live and we get to see something happen from this unity because up until the ending, their mentalities and what they aimed for as well as their differences never really caused problem between them so that could’ve been a good sign for a true unity in present day against Juno, for example. And her death felt more like a way to just avoid people from asking for a sequel as Elise is VERY interesting.

The controls and glitches aren’t really as major as people make them sound like. Some parkour moves do feel a bit unrealistic or the controls cause some weird moves or unnecessary climbing on top of grocery tens or wagons..etc. but it’s not really terrible, at least not the way people are making it sound like.

I like that there is one thread which isn't hijacked by people who hate AC: Unity because of some glitches and framerate issues. Ubisoft should've solved these issues sooner, but they have been poisoning this forum by acting immature lately. Good to see there's one place where people are still discussing sanely. Claps to you!

Thank you, my friend. I believe it’s only fair that you judge the positive and the negative of something no matter what it was. Like it’s not fair to just point out the disadvantages without admitting the good parts. I was shocked to see professional and fan reviews being that bad, because the games certainly wren’t that bad to me.

Some kept saying “Mass Effect 3 all over again” or “Assassin’s Creed III” all over again. While in reality, neither of those games were a disaster. I played ME trilogy as a whole in 2013, so I’m a newcomer to the series and got all DLC and extended cut and all, perfect ending and everything cool before playing the games, so I greatly enjoyed the franchise. I do understand why some were disappointed at first, but I think the extended cut pretty much gave us every possible option. So I don’t see what’s bad about ME3.

Same goes for ACIII, though wasn’t fixed. The game is perfect, except for the last 7 minutes, which is the ending. I found that part only as a disaster and very rushed and badly directed, but everything else was really amazing. I just don’t get why many people consider it the worst part in the series.

Anyway, I’m glad to see people sanely and maturely discussing the pros and cons of Rogue and Unity here ;)

koolmoedee1010
11-14-2014, 03:02 AM

Ya! Someone else who loved AC 3. I kept hearing people day it was the worst one. I loved it.probably my favorite along with revelations.

Hood2theBurbs
11-14-2014, 03:59 AM
I loved Rogue myself, very good story although in my opinion they went about Shay's betrayal of the Assassin's the wrong way and a bit rushed. Shay come's off as almost idiotic when he starts blaming Achilles for what happened in Lisbon. Achilles had no possible way of knowing that the precursor sites were the reason for the earthquakes Mackendal's man never returned in Haiti so the Assassin's never knew that the two were connected. I can understand that Shay's messed up and likely suffered from nightmares or some other form of PTSD on his way back but blaming Achilles was just flat out dumb. Also the game needed more Haytham who didn't have enough dialogue in the game imo (and I don't even like him that much!). I really wished they had taken the time to develop Shay more, the assassination of his friends would have been that much more powerful if they had. Those were my only complaints with the game everything else was great. Especially when it came to fighting the Assassin's, both Adewale and Kasegowaase dropped me before I could successfully kill them. Assassination interception is fun and fresh, especially because you can fail the missions. And lastly Dat ending! loved it and a nice surprise.

Layytez
11-14-2014, 04:57 AM
For you Rino if you haven't unlocked them all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRnNQJrH53Y
Once again more talk but no events or interactions with her or First Civ sites. I think we may need to move to Initiates....

JasonDaPsycho
11-14-2014, 07:09 AM
I have just finished the main story of Unity. The gameplay was solid (loved the combat system) and I did not encounter too many glitches. The graphics are amazing.

However, unlike the OP, I did not enjoy the central plot of Unity. Here's why.

1. The limited amount of interaction between Elise and Arno is very disappointing. Missions featuring the both of them until the last 1/3 of the game. Even then, there are only a handful of mission in which both characters are working alongside one another.
This seems to go in contrary with the pre-release talk about how the couple's relationship being the central to the story in my opinion.

2. The characters feel underdeveloped. The game could have gone on further in exploring Arno's opinions of his dad. The watch is clearly important to him, and he got into quite some trouble over the watch. But towards the end, I just don't know how much his dad's absence play a role in Arno's life. Yea. Arno joined the Assassins. But other than that, I don't really feel like his dad had any effect on Arno's life.
And I also have a huge problem with Elise's portrayal. Her presence clearly added to Arno's character, but Elise for the most part did not feel like her own person. What has she been doing when she denounced Arno? How was she like before he dad was blindsided?
Honestly, even as a hopeless romantic who cries after reading bad romance novels, I did not feel anything when Elise died. I just wasn't emotionally invested in the characters.

3. Adding to point 1, the quality of interaction between Elise and Arno leave a lot more to be desired. Their relationship dynamic basic goes like this.
Arno meets Elise -> They talk about who they're gonna stab. -> They stab people, often separately. Sometimes they stab people side by side. -> Elise talks about avenging her father. Then calls out Arno for being weak willed and not being serious about stabbing the guy who sent people to kill her dad. Arno talks about how much he loves her and wants to protect her. -> They may or may not make out. But they almost always go their separate ways to scout things out immediately afterwards. I think the only exception occurred after the hot air balloon sequence.
I could not see any relationship growth between Arno and Elise over the course of the story. Basically it just went from the two liking each other a lot, to Elise not liking Arno too much, and then back to they really like each other. Their dynamic remained a constant pretty much throughout the entire course of the game.
If it was up to me, I would have included a sequence which features the lovebirds getting into trouble during their teenage years. How did they go from close friends to loved ones?

4. I don't know about you guys but I would be very upset if my girlfriend got lasered to death by a sword. And I sure as hell won't be standing in silent listening to my girlfriend's killer talking about his manifesto.

5. "Show; don't tell." This is script writing 101. This applies to how the writers of Unity explored Elise's feelings for Arno. The only time I could tell Elise was in love with Arno is when she was narrating over the letters. There were not too many actions (if any) on her end that really backed it up.

The only thing I really liked about the plot is the acting and the chemistry between the actors. Arno and Elise look adorable together. It's such a shame the plot did not really live up to my expectations.

RinoTheBouncer
11-29-2014, 11:23 PM
For you Rino if you haven't unlocked them all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRnNQJrH53Y
Once again more talk but no events or interactions with her or First Civ sites. I think we may need to move to Initiates....

Thank you so much. I’m sorry for the late reply. I only just noticed this post.

It’s interesting to see there’s this little “talk”, but I’m still disappointed in the total lack of actual interaction. Mandatory cutscenes and progress. Why not?! Like they just can’t obliterate an essential part of the game that many fans invested so much time into.