PDA

View Full Version : "Constructive" Complaint about AC Unity Co-Op

ASSASSINA-SAN
11-12-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry Ubisoft forums that my last forum may have been too harsh or came across as "threatening". I suppose you can't understand what it's like to purchase a product that was underdeveloped.
I can understand you would want to close a forum that makes your team look bad.

So here is my "constructive" thread:

The co-op in this game was the aspect of the game I was the most excited for and its it literally UNPLAYABLE. What does this mean?
This means that every time I launch a mission I experience BUGS galore. I wish I can list every issue I have, but the list is exhaustive. So here are some:
1. Partner needs to be revived- partner is running across the map - cannot revive dead partner.
2. Partner goes invisible on screen.
3. Partner and NPC placement on my screen is different. How can we cooperate?
4. Partner progresses in mission, and I don't know because on my screen my partner is still next to me - meanwhile he/she was already 1 mile ahead.

Now, if this happened every once in a while - in a mission or two - I can deal with it. This happened in EVERY SINGLE MISSION! When I say it is unplayable, this is not an over exaggeration. The bugs are continuous to the point where it feels like you had no game testers on board.

I stand by my original statements - your teams don't take enough time in between games. Although, I haven't been disappointed in the series until Unity, I willl make a "non-threatening" suggestion to take a little more time to make a well developed gamed, instead of rushing to release something that feels as broken as a BETA.

I would have been more than willing to wait another YEAR+ to play your game - there's plenty of other good well-developed games to play in the meantime - and I would hate to see such a good series go bad.

Don't you think releasing such a broken game is a bit elementary on your end?
Don't you feel the game should have been tweaked before releasing?
I understand you have deadlines and money to be made, but you and I both know - you messed up this time.

I never write forums - and for me to suddenly do it - it means I'm highly disappointed.

If only the game played as fluidly as advertised. Sighs......

Hope you patch it soon. You may not care about one person's opinion - but believe me when I say - I've read plenty of threads and articles that support my frustrations.
Try to not be so defensive.

crusader_prophet
11-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Bump.

They NEED and HAVE to create compelling story, characters and role playing. BioWare is one example. I love AC series too much and it will break me to see it become stale and fail.

ASSASSINA-SAN
11-12-2014, 08:21 PM
I wish that was the issue. I play plenty of online games and never have I experienced anything like this.

Boomcicle
11-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Why is it that other people can connect to co-op and I can not? Is there anyone else out there with the same problem or is my game defective? My load times are incredulous. I actually took two and a half hours to get all of the viewpoints while I waited for a co-op session to find someone to play with. Uplay goes offline randomly and I have NEVER been able to see the team my brother created for us. Supposedly I have accepted the request to join that he sent me, but hey, how the heck would I know anyway. This game's multiplayer is an absolute train wreck of a disaster. I would like my money back.

Degausser781
11-15-2014, 11:03 AM
I agree with OP, this game holds so much promise and yet fails to deliver fundamental gameplay promised. Co op is closer to a chore, something my mates and I slog through for unlockables. We try but 90% of the time its futile. Mores the pity, this Creed has held my interest longer than any others but the price paid is wonky beta gameplay. I look forward to the coming patches, repairing the broken parts and introducing new mechanics to the game.

On a side note, seems like every game in 2014 should have been labeled "early access" because thats all I've seen from publishers to date.

D.I.D.
11-15-2014, 12:02 PM
I haven't had any problems like that, but I've had major issues at times where a friendly NPC stops talking mid-instruction. I know it happens to everyone and not just me, because we all stood around looking puzzled waiting for the NPC to move, ran away to kill a bunch of guards, came back to see if we'd triggered the NPC, nothing changed, rinse and repeat, until one of us did something that ended the rut and kicked off the next bit. I've had this happen a couple of times during the same round, resulting in confusion over the mystery objectives.

It's great for the most part though, so I hope they keep the mode.