PDA

View Full Version : Is there an in-game way to communicate during co-op?

Booyaah82
11-12-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm not 100% sure what the design intent is for co-op, but there are times when my buddies are not on, and a few that are just holding off on buying the game right now (for obvious reasons). Anyways I jumped into a random co-op last night with other person and there was no cut scene, no explanation of what the mission objective was. Anyway it put me into this other guy's world, and we kind of just naturally met up close the waypoint marker, and then it was like this odd silence where I'm thinking...is there some kind of chat function I'm missing? I'm assuming there's no in-game voice chat like DayZ and you would have to use 3rd party voice comms, so is there not even a basic messaging system? Cause I don't see anything in the controller bindings for it...

fenris19892
11-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm not 100% sure what the design intent is for co-op, but there are times when my buddies are not on, and a few that are just holding off on buying the game right now (for obvious reasons). Anyways I jumped into a random co-op last night with other person and there was no cut scene, no explanation of what the mission objective was. Anyway it put me into this other guy's world, and we kind of just naturally met up close the waypoint marker, and then it was like this odd silence where I'm thinking...is there some kind of chat function I'm missing? I'm assuming there's no in-game voice chat like DayZ and you would have to use 3rd party voice comms, so is there not even a basic messaging system? Cause I don't see anything in the controller bindings for it...

in answer to your question,yes there is a voice chat function.

RdJ1
11-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Check out the settings of the Uplay client. There's a page for voice chat there, maybe that'll help you.

Booyaah82
11-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Check out the settings of the Uplay client. There's a page for voice chat there, maybe that'll help you.

Oh great they put it in Uplay? lol...so there is no in-game text chat? I think voice chat is a little overboard for these little missions.

RaulO4
11-12-2014, 11:37 PM
this is stupid, a co op game without mic....i bet there mic in the console versions