PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Anyone else really enjoying AC Rogue?

danglez benderz
11-12-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm about 6-7 hours into the game so far and I'm really enjoying it :cool: . It has a really good story, mixed in with the amazing naval combat from AC4 and fun new combat features, including hunting assassins who can use your old tricks against you. The world seems to be really well designed as well, making it easy to choose to use either stealth or combat. In some previous AC games it has often felt like there was little in the way of options (bushes, climbable areas, etc.) when it came to using stealth, so what should have been a stealth mission turned into, kill 50 guys then hide. One of the few things the game really lacks is an abundance of tall structures to climb (excluding ship masts), although the game is set in 18th century North America which is partly to blame for that. I'm also enjoying the new stalker (stealthy enemies who are usually female, sort of like assassins in training almost) enemies that were added, who can hide and slice you open if you're not checking the hiding spots. I particularly like that the game wasn't afraid to add in female enemies that you have to kill (I'm sure someone somewhere will complain), since equality is getting ****ed up by Shay Cormac regardless of gender. It seems Ubisoft Sofia did a really good job with this game, even if a lot of it is recycled from previous games, mainly AC4. What are your opinions of it so far :confused:

Fatal-Feit
11-12-2014, 04:20 PM
I am! I can't stop playing, even for Unity. :p

bitebug2003
11-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Reminder

Gameplay/story discussion threads should have a SPOILER tag in the thread title.

Thanks

GreatBeyonder
11-12-2014, 04:34 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME! I just got air assassinated by a random chick and in response, drove the population of New York into a riot via berserk gas.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 04:43 PM
I loved it...

I'll go into detail later. ;)

danglez benderz
11-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the reminder Bitebug. I'm new to the forums and I should have put that up there^ :)

bitebug2003
11-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the reminder Bitebug. I'm new to the forums and I should have put that up there^ :)

No problem :)

JustPlainQuirky
11-12-2014, 05:20 PM
I'm LOVING the story.

But my game copy stopped working after 4 hours of playing ._.

The gameplay is pretty eh tho.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Good to see you back, May. :)

And it's good you're enjoying it.

Wait till the ending... :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
11-12-2014, 06:01 PM
Still don't have it, like the dirty European I am I have to wait a couple more days.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 06:23 PM
1-2 more day(s) shouldn't hurt... ;)

Bastiaen
11-12-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm loving it, but I can't find some renovation points. I have everything completed at Old Growth Forest and Perce except for their renovations. There is nothing on the map. Am I missing something? Do I need to complete something else first? Is anyone else seeing this?

danglez benderz
11-12-2014, 07:34 PM
I have yet to notice that bastiaten, although you seem to be a bit further along than me.. I only just started renovations and have not noticed anything like that yet. That sucks Mayrice :/ happened to me in AC4 had to get a new copy.

Bastiaen
11-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the reply Danglez. I'm kinda thinking that I need to complete some other economic activities before they will unlock.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 07:51 PM
I got both new games on pre-order. I'm putting Unity aside for a while until I see how they can fix it, so on to Rogue!!! :D

Zafar1981
11-12-2014, 08:28 PM
As I don't have 360 now so I watched it on youtube.com. I love the game thought it is 99% copy paste of BF but the story is great. I hope Ubisoft would port it on Xbox One and PS4.

ze_topazio
11-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Those playing the physical version on the PS3, how much disk space does the game requires for the mandatory installation?

GreatBeyonder
11-13-2014, 01:22 AM
The gameplay is actually VERY different from BF, though it can take a bit of time to figure out. The ability to murder civilians, the gas canisters, the assassin enemies, and all the additions to naval combat offer a really wonderful blend of chaos and paranoia.

Minsooky
11-13-2014, 11:51 AM
I finished Rogue earlier today and I really rushed through it, just wanted to get through the storyline so I could start playing Unity. There are some aspects of it I really don't like (if I have to sail in an AC game ever again I'm going to scream) and the storyline is pretty quick, but I do like it overall. Had fun with the gameplay mechanics, though it's not dramatically different. I wish it was longer though? It only took me 13hrs to finish and I was doing side content too. Liked this game more than Black Flag but not more than AC3.

The ending tho...not going to say what it is because spoilers but mannnn so good.

Relmar_Vel
11-13-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm enjoying it, pretty good so far... Besides Ubisoft scamming me with an invalid code to unlock my preorder content. :(

MakimotoJin
11-13-2014, 01:55 PM
As I don't have 360 now so I watched it on youtube.com. I love the game thought it is 99% copy paste of BF but the story is great. I hope Ubisoft would port it on Xbox One and PS4.

I'm sorry,did you say 99% BF?Because if you haven't played it,I don't think you know much about the content.It uses the same engine,but that's it.

ze_topazio
11-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Those playing the physical version on the PS3, how much disk space does the game requires for the mandatory installation?

Nobody answered, thanks for the help, FRIENDS... :mad:

I'm asking this because I have the hard drive almost full and need to free some space, would be nice to know how much I need.

RinoTheBouncer
11-13-2014, 02:29 PM

I'm asking this because I have the hard drive almost full and need to free some space, would be nice to know how much I need.

The PSN downloadable version is like 6.5GB. That’s all I know.

ze_topazio
11-13-2014, 02:43 PM
The PSN downloadable version is like 6.5GB. That’s all I know.

But don't you have the physical version? you posted a picture of the game together with Unity.

RinoTheBouncer
11-13-2014, 02:47 PM
But don't you have the physical version? you posted a picture of the game together with Unity.
I actually have both. But once the download started, I checked and it said 6-something, but I didn’t check the installed file size.

ze_topazio
11-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Ah okay.

reprezentujewuwu
11-13-2014, 04:07 PM
collectors edition is okay. finished game yesterday (smth about 12h).

firstly -> world is HUGE, imo bigger than BF world. a lot optional locations (i finished game and still have 80% locations undisc)
secondly -> story is epic, interesting. a lot great characters. assassins are not definitely bad. shay is wrong about achilles and rest. its not "white (templars) and black (assassins)". i was worried about this aspect
thirdly -> great music, main theme is epic. i love this one, new song at my phone

last -> shay. IMO greatest, most interesting character in AC series. smth like Haytham or Ah-Tabai.

9/10 for me, i will need xX hours to complete whole game

hope we will have another game with Shay, i really like him. i wanted haytham as playable character, but shay is better

MakimotoJin
11-13-2014, 06:30 PM

All I know is that a patch is 21mb.