PDA

View Full Version : The next AC is going to be legendary and Unity is why.

CoachAssassin
11-12-2014, 01:53 PM
First off, let me say I'm disappointed with Unity and it's storyline. I think it's boring and predictable. There are however a few open ties in the AC universe that Unity created. There seems to be a redesign in some core elements of the gameplay that caused some bugs, glitches and generally a game that felt off. But here is the reason why it caught so much bad publicity already: There was a stage for something epic and legendary to be there. The game got so many players excited because it was going to offer different gameplay but with that same touch of AC mystery around it. Modern Day was getting revamped completely (not going to spoiler but yeah for MD lovers that was disappointing in Unity) and we were actually going to be at the brink of a new page in AC.

AC unity feels to me like AC3 and AC1. They all were extremely ambitious and they all couldn't live up to its reputation in my eyes. AC1 had a great story and the vibe was there, gameplay sometimes kinda sucked and was glitchy, but had potential. AC3 was full of bugs/glitches and had a disappointing feeling due to too high expectations etc. The character cast in my eyes was cool though, they got some depth in their side characters, and the authenticity feel was there. AC Unity has a terribly blend story in my eyes as I said. The game has a weird vibe for me and I somehow really can't fully enjoy it. The glitching and bugs and fps **** doesnt help either.

See how all three games have some huge criticism points? Ubisoft's biggest achievement with AC so far has been ''the game after'' effect. AC2 was amazing. AC4BF was refreshing and I have the feeling ACU2 or whatever it's going to be will do the same. The bugs and glitches will be gone mostly, some criticism points will be dealt with and most of all, story will improve (because in my eyes Unity hit rock bottom with it).

So here is to waiting for the new AC ( I guess we can play Rogue or even Unity untill it drops :3).

king-hailz
11-12-2014, 01:58 PM
You right...

It's a shame that instead of making rogue and unity... They could have made one game that had the game play of unity and the story of rogue...

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Even though I haven't played the game yet I agree 100% and I hope the next ac will be to acu what ac2 was to ac1.
Unless we get a super revolutionary game in China next year.

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
First off, let me say I'm disappointed with Unity and it's storyline. I think it's boring and predictable. There are however a few open ties in the AC universe that Unity created. There seems to be a redesign in some core elements of the gameplay that caused some bugs, glitches and generally a game that felt off. But here is the reason why it caught so much bad publicity already: There was a stage for something epic and legendary to be there. The game got so many players excited because it was going to offer different gameplay but with that same touch of AC mystery around it. Modern Day was getting revamped completely (not going to spoiler but yeah for MD lovers that was disappointing in Unity) and we were actually going to be at the brink of a new page in AC.

AC unity feels to me like AC3 and AC1. They all were extremely ambitious and they all couldn't live up to its reputation in my eyes. AC1 had a great story and the vibe was there, gameplay sometimes kinda sucked and was glitchy, but had potential. AC3 was full of bugs/glitches and had a disappointing feeling due to too high expectations etc. The character cast in my eyes was cool though, they got some depth in their side characters, and the authenticity feel was there. AC Unity has a terribly blend story in my eyes as I said. The game has a weird vibe for me and I somehow really can't fully enjoy it. The glitching and bugs and fps **** doesnt help either.

See how all three games have some huge criticism points? Ubisoft's biggest achievement with AC so far has been ''the game after'' effect. AC2 was amazing. AC4BF was refreshing and I have the feeling ACU2 or whatever it's going to be will do the same. The bugs and glitches will be gone mostly, some criticism points will be dealt with and most of all, story will improve (because in my eyes Unity hit rock bottom with it).

So here is to waiting for the new AC ( I guess we can play Rogue or even Unity untill it drops :3).

Ubisoft is a company dedicated to self development. Their flaw is that they overreach their grasp. If AC Unity had taken perhaps another year all the bugs and glitches would not be present within the game and they would have been able to achieve what they wanted to with all these brilliant ideas. Now they're going to have to take what they've learned from Unity and out it on the next game next year when they could have just released Unity next year and started off their true next gen with a bang. A shame.