PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Animus

Smitjoris
11-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Hello Guys,

I was wondering something about the Animus. It works by reliving the past through the DNA of your ancestors, right? So that would mean that you can only go back to the point that the ancestors have children. Events after that arent passed through to the offspring? So how was it possible to go back to the memories of a dying Altaier?

Maybe I'm just totally wrong. But If someone could explain it, I would appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Kritcher

Dag_B
11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
We saw Altairs last years through those discs, Ezio collected, not DNA. We watched Ezio (through his DNA) as he watched the discs that contained Altairs memories (which had nothing to do with DNA).
The technology for the discs was something Altair learned through studying the Eden Apple, if I remember correct. I think it was based on technology from TWCB.

CoachAssassin
11-12-2014, 01:40 PM
We saw Altairs last years through those discs, Ezio collected, not DNA. We watched Ezio (through his DNA) as he watched the discs that contained Altairs memories (which had nothing to do with DNA).
The technology for the discs was something Altair learned through studying the Eden Apple, if I remember correct. I think it was based on technology from TWCB.

Correct :). They work in the same way the apple does, it shows you images/short segments that the makers of that artifact want you to see. The apple however has a few more extra perks, as where the disks only function as keys/videos :p.

Smitjoris
11-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Now you mentioned it I can remember the cutscenes from the discs!

Regards,

Joris