PDA

View Full Version : Using Hidden Blade or Fists as Primary Weapon

derek400004
11-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, this is an embarrassing question - I've been a long time AC series fan since AC1.. and I've been trying ACU, but still haven't managed to figure out this problem:

How the bloody heck do I specify my primary weapon for a fight?

I've always loved to use nothing else but the hidden blades, but now seems like the game wants to select my primary weapon for me.. which is not good.

wichking
11-12-2014, 11:37 AM
it goes back to Ac 1. your hiddenblade is now doing tis job properly. and that is killing ppl from behind. not going rambo all in ;)

derek400004
11-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Any chance Ubisoft could patch in hidden blades as a weapon option?

I think the main point is people want to have the option to at least pick the weapon they want to dedicate towards, like at least in AC2 which came out like half a decade ago.

wichking
11-12-2014, 11:58 AM
i doubt they will do it. the reason is this. They redefined Assassins creed as it used to be. They want to make it more an assassin game and not an 1 man army.
And to the origin of the hiddenblade its a stealth weapon. its just not right to fight with a whristblade vs a sword. You could not parry this.
I agree however the animations looked cool fihgting with the hidden blades but they made every weapon for its own purpose. Your sword/mace/spear is your combat weapon. Hidden blade your stealth one. You dont go with your sword and backstab ppl either

Anykeyer
11-12-2014, 12:30 PM
it goes back to Ac 1

You could fight with it in ac 1.

wichking
11-12-2014, 01:15 PM
ya but only to counter or terrified ppl. but since unity has no counter the balde becomes similar to Ac 1 ;)

derek400004
11-14-2014, 04:36 PM
ya but only to counter or terrified ppl. but since unity has no counter the balde becomes similar to Ac 1 ;)

Not exactly true. Even back in AC1, we could specify to only use the hidden blades (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nT_XHlkG-c) if we wanted. AC Unity's combat weapon selection "logic" is just entirely backwards.

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 04:43 PM
It also sucks you cannot disarm, or pick up weapons off the ground and use those on the fly either. I've told friends about this who haven't purchased the game and it's a deal breaker for them to have to go to their start menu and select a weapon they want to use instead of being able to switch on the fly.

And I'm not even talking about carrying all these weapons either like some Rambo, I just mean adapting to your environment, like an Assassin is supposed to do.

Animator_Alex
11-14-2014, 04:50 PM
I am just wondering why the took out running assassinations. That was so useful in AC3/4.

derek400004
11-14-2014, 04:50 PM
It also sucks you cannot disarm, or pick up weapons off the ground and use those on the fly either. I've told friends about this who haven't purchased the game and it's a deal breaker for them to have to go to their start menu and select a weapon they want to use instead of being able to switch on the fly.

And I'm not even talking about carrying all these weapons either like some Rambo, I just mean adapting to your environment, like an Assassin is supposed to do.

Precisely! I'm sure I'm not the first one saying this, but.. really very disappointed with ACU's combat system right now.

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 04:53 PM
I am just wondering why the took out running assassinations. That was so useful in AC3/4.

They're still there, just different animations. You can still sorta run and gun, just not as quickly as Connor or any of the characters from 3,4, Rogue, Freedom Cry, etc.

impretty632
11-14-2014, 04:53 PM
the stats of the weapon actually matter here unlike the old AC's. in the old AC's you could use 1 weapon just fine till the end of the game. what stats do you think the hidden blade should have? or your fists? a 2 star weapon won't do much against a 3 star opponent, you have to progress through the game to unlock those higher star weapons.

so either the hidden blade/fists are useless for the majority of the game or they're OP for a part of it.

maybe instead of giving us hidden blades as a weapon they can give us dual daggers/fist weapons.

DarkSolitudeX
11-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Precisely! I'm sure I'm not the first one saying this, but.. really very disappointed with ACU's combat system right now.

the combat system isn't all that bad imo. I remember for the past few years everyone was complaining that the combat was too easy with the counter kills. Now we have a system with no counter kills. I suppose if I have one complaint, it's that you can't attack and then quickly parry or dodge (that or the game is too buggy to respond that quick).

derek400004
11-14-2014, 05:00 PM
the stats of the weapon actually matter here unlike the old AC's. in the old AC's you could use 1 weapon just fine till the end of the game. what stats do you think the hidden blade should have? or your fists? a 2 star weapon won't do much against a 3 star opponent, you have to progress through the game to unlock those higher star weapons.

so either the hidden blade/fists are useless for the majority of the game or they're OP for a part of it.

maybe instead of giving us hidden blades as a weapon they can give us dual daggers/fist weapons.

They don't have to be completely OP or completely useless. Hidden blades in ACRevelations weren't extremely effective against the Janissaries either, but at least we got to choose what weapon to use.

Ubisoft.. please patch this. At least give us the option to equip hidden blades as our Primary Weapons.

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2014, 05:02 PM

In AC2, Ezio was able to get a Metal Cestus that improved his hand to hand. It was a glove with metal plates on the knuckles and the plantar side of the hand.

Hidden blade combat could be like AC1, in that it took some extreme skill to actually land a kill. Yes, that requires counters, but a parry could block with the right arm (no hidden blade) and then stab with the left arm, making it in turn the only counter kill you could do in the game. Upgrades could include adding a second hidden blade, etc. to improve the odds of landing the kill.

However, the stats themselves aren't that refined really. While they are nice and an improvement, it's not too detailed to not allow this. However, even if we switched to an empty hand just to have the ability to disarm/pick up weapons off the ground would be better than having to switch in the start menu, and out of combat as well, as you can't do it until you leave combat and are anonymous again.

As for the disarm chances, same thing as above. A glove set that can be upgraded to increase the ability to disarm enemies in a counterlike sequence, but not a kill, just a disarm chance.

As it stands, I love the new combat. I just like mixing up my weapons as I play, something I can't really do in Unity

Also, human shield would be nice too. So would Gentle Push/Fast Walk.

These are really my only gripes for Unity and it's not that bad, but something I hope changes for the next game.

DarkSolitudeX
11-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Also, human shield would be nice too. So would Gentle Push/Fast Walk.

Agree on both of these. I find my self getting shot quite a bit. When I'm in a fight, I'm paying attention to the fight. Having to move my eyes to a small red icon, that's off in the corner is a pain. The human shield mechanic would be a welcomed return. As far as the gentle push goes, I've gotten stuck in crowds a few times, and to be honest, it's just undignified for a assassin to go running through a bunch of people.

ACE7492
11-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Human shield I do miss as well. Seems like I'm getting shot at a lot. It's a challenge and I like it cause I'm not piling up bodies like Connor in 3. But jeesh every bad guy has a gun and if you get 5 feet away your going to see it.