PDA

View Full Version : Skip intro command in Steam and ACU version

DJ_Cas
11-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Hello guys,

I've got 2 questions. Could you please kindly see them and leave a reply:

1) Is there any commands list which may be put into Steam Start up options to disable intros and other stuff?

2) My version of AC Unity is 1.1.0 - from the source here (http://www.crashwiki.com/fix-assassins-creed-unity-crashes-errors-acu-exe-stopped-working-freeze-lag-uplay-fps/) we may see that it has been patched to v1.2

Can I download separate *.exe to patch Steam version?

Appreciated,
DJ_Cas

Rekalty
11-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Dunno about one, game hasnt come out for me yet. As for 2: There's no way of downloading a separate patch, you'll have to wait until Steam tells you there is one and it will apply it automatically.

Cortexian
11-12-2014, 06:21 PM
You can skip the intro videos by renaming the video files. I've created a guide below with some examples (the Ubisoft / game related splash screens).

Navigate to your installation directory. Normally:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Unity\videos
Note: The Steam version likely has a different installation directory, but the concept is the same.
The following files are the Ubisoft intro videos / splash screens:

pc_WarningSaving.bk2
warning_disclaimer.bk2
UbisoftLogo.bk2

Rename these files and add ".bak" (short for backup) after the ".bk2" portion of the file name. Here's an example:

UbisoftLogo.bk2.bak

Chivalrous_Zii
11-12-2014, 06:49 PM
You can skip the intro videos by renaming the video files. I've created a guide below with some examples (the Ubisoft / game related splash screens).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Unity\videos
Note: The Steam version likely has a different installation directory, but the concept is the same.

pc_WarningSaving.bk2
warning_disclaimer.bk2
UbisoftLogo.bk2

Rename these files and add ".bak" (short for backup) after the ".bk2" portion of the file name. Here's an example:

UbisoftLogo.bk2.bak

See my game crashes at the NVIDIA logo during the start up intro, would this fix that issue?

DJ_Cas
11-12-2014, 07:34 PM

pc_WarningSaving.bk2
warning_disclaimer.bk2
UbisoftLogo.bk2

UbisoftLogo.bk2.bak

Thnk you for your help amigo!

RdJ1
11-12-2014, 07:38 PM
To answer your second question: version 1.2.0 has not been released yet, so your game is up-to-date.

Cortexian
11-12-2014, 08:31 PM
See my game crashes at the NVIDIA logo during the start up intro, would this fix that issue?

Try validating your game files. If your crashing during the startup videos, it probably has nothing to do with the videos themselves, but the tasks the game is performing behind the scenes to ready itself for launch.

hoggy_87
11-16-2014, 01:03 PM
You can also remove/rename:

pc_TWIMTBP.bk2

TWIMTBP = The way it's meant to be played

This is the NVIDIA splash video.

topeira1980
11-16-2014, 01:53 PM
great fix! thanks!! makes the boot up so much faster :)

worth noting that some of the files are not just in VIDEOS folder but also within your language's folder. for english speakers its in the VIDEOS/EN folder.

dnameless1
11-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Works great! I thought they changed it with Watch_Dogs, but glad to see I don't have to see that stuff every time with Unity. Thx!

IPOSEiDONI
01-09-2015, 08:24 AM
for uplay versions - go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game launcher\Games\ACU\videos\then go to folder that corresponds to your game's language (e.g "EN") there you will find the files: pc_WarningSaving.bk2
warning_disclaimer.bk2
also for the peeps that have it installed elsewhere in a custom folder: D:\Games\Ubisoft\ACU\videos\en for those files above^
That is valid for version 1.6.0