PDA

View Full Version : Crowd interaction/flow is horriable in unity

mockers0
11-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Walking through crowds in unity looks so unrealistic. They literally just bounce off you. This killed unity for me. What happend to AC 1 and 2. It had the best tech. Next gen can't even get crowds to realistically walk through. In other AC creed he would touch and move sideways through crowds. What's the point of 10k crowds if it looks like crap going through it.

mockers0
11-13-2014, 03:11 AM
Anybody else feel like walking through the crowds feels really lackluster. I'm not sure how this got downgraded through the games. You would think this would be a main feature. Instead of the smooth sliding tin between crowds now they just bump off of you and I mean like a pinball it almost pisses me off it looks so bad. It's really ruined these huge crowds because walking through them looks so stupid

Wolfmeister1010
11-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Oh Yes AC2 where everyone stood in super realistic circles of 5 the entire time.

mockers0
11-13-2014, 03:15 AM
The games suppose to evolve. I understand what your saying but since ac3 the crowds are just ghost. You can't actually think the crowds are good?.

F3nix013
11-13-2014, 03:18 AM
It is during a revolution with people gathered in the streets. Of course it is going to have crowds and people just standing there. What else did you expect? To just run around and not see people in the streets? It is one of histories most bloodiest Revolutions and you think its unrealistic? smh.

LoyalACFan
11-13-2014, 03:20 AM
The games suppose to evolve. I understand what your saying but since ac3 the crowds are just ghost. You can't actually think the crowds are good?.

Aside from pop-in/morphing... yes. They're the best we've seen yet. Notice how they react to you when you draw a weapon, and how they interact with each other. No more are they just zombies roaming the city.

Wolfmeister1010
11-13-2014, 04:11 AM
Meh, we each have our little nitpick things. I don't personally mind the crowds. But I feel like I am one of the few people that gets severely PISSED OFF by those weapon color streaks

JustPlainQuirky
11-13-2014, 04:21 AM
sometimes when i walk through the crowd arno teleports and travels at the speed of light

D.I.D.
11-13-2014, 04:31 AM
In ACII, they were too solid. Sure, he could push people out of the way gently, but that only worked with the old crowd volumes. You'd also get these excessively hard crunches from crowd collisions.

ACII was great in its day, but Unity's system feels better to me so far. Each person is more like a particle, whose movement is reflected to a lesser extent in the next person, so Arno can move through them a bit like parting a sea. That's a lot like a real crowd. Most people are influenced by the people around them, even if they're not feeling consciously polite, and this is more like the way a real crowd works. I'm sure it'll get better than this too, but I think this is the right direction.

LoyalACFan
11-13-2014, 04:40 AM
Meh, we each have our little nitpick things. I don't personally mind the crowds. But I feel like I am one of the few people that gets severely PISSED OFF by those weapon color streaks

I actually don't mind them on the guards, because it (relatively subtly) tells you whether you should dodge or parry. Looks ugly as hell on Arno though, but I don't think it shows up when using spears...?

sometimes when i walk through the crowd arno teleports and travels at the speed of light

So what are your general thoughts on Unity/Rogue, Mayrice?

JustPlainQuirky
11-13-2014, 04:46 AM
So what are your general thoughts on Unity/Rogue, Mayrice?

Well I'm only halfway done Rogue and 1/3 done AC Unity but my thoughts so far

Rogue:
>GREAT Story and characters
>Great structure of the story progression/presentation (including MD)
>Great lore
>Stale gameplay

Unity:
>Stale story and characters
>Poor stealth (issues telling if against wall or not)
>Fun Parkour
>Stupid initiates and companion chests
>great lore

These are SUPER initial thoughts tho. Like I said im not too far in the games.
Been busy.

Namikaze_17
11-13-2014, 05:47 AM
Well I'm only halfway done Rogue and 1/3 done AC Unity but my thoughts so far

Rogue:
>GREAT Story and characters
>Great structure of the story progression/presentation (including MD)
>Great lore
>Stale gameplay

Unity:
>Stale story and characters
>Poor stealth (issues telling if against wall or not)
>Fun Parkour
>Stupid initiates and companion chests
>great lore

^ Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

shobhit7777777
11-13-2014, 07:15 AM
This is literally the dumbest complain I've seen for this game. You're such a nitpicker lol its easy moving through crowds

In a game where you're in densely packed urban areas, where having huge crowds was part of every marketing campaign, where crowds were integral to a core gameplay system....having crappy in-crowd navigation IS a valid complaint.

It not nitpicking.

In the previous AC games the character behaved appropriately. AC3-4 streamlined it in such a way that neither was it a hindrance as in AC1 and neither was it completely removed a la ACU. Sure one can understand how with 5000 NPCs it might become a bit tedious, but I'd prefer the old way of shifting and slinking through the crowd - it looked and felt awesome.

Free-Fall_
11-13-2014, 07:18 AM
The biggest issue with the interaction of the crowds is how we no longer have a "Push" animation, as we did with the first AC and I believe ACII. If anyone remembers we were able to push aside people in crowds to move through them with ease, and look like a complete badass doing so.

luism2008
11-13-2014, 09:18 AM
The game is beautiful and the bacground sets well designed, but something happened in the rendering, the crowds dont look clear.. they look fuzzy.. it seems as if I am viewing a 4k movie in its full glory thru glasses that are 480 p or 720p.. i.e. otice the the text on screen .. it looks blurry.. maybe on an 17 inch tv in 480 it looks amazing..

As far as crowds the scene look like replicants standing in a row.. there is no variance {look carefully and you will see].. it seems that in order to have the crowds they traded the clarity of movement.. a shame.. I still bought it tho, will probably sell it and wait for the next game.. hopefully they give it a 2 year respite and they bring it back...
Maybe with a new graphics engine.. Why didnt they keep the graphic quality of AC4.. it looks great on my hd tv??

:-( my two cents

pirate1802
11-13-2014, 12:31 PM
The biggest issue with the interaction of the crowds is how we no longer have a "Push" animation, as we did with the first AC and I believe ACII. If anyone remembers we were able to push aside people in crowds to move through them with ease, and look like a complete badass doing so.

Wait you can no longer push people aside? How do you move through crowd then?

shobhit7777777
11-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Wait you can no longer push people aside? How do you move through crowd then?

Arno sidesteps a bit and the NPCs are pushed back...like in Hitman Absolution

LatinaC09
11-13-2014, 01:14 PM
I think the crowds are absolutely amazing! Definitely much more interactive than past games and they respond to your moves as well. Aside from the glitches the crowds in Unity are the best I've seen in the franchise so far.

Bigodon
11-13-2014, 01:24 PM
anyone here played the first dead rising?
thats exactly what feels

when frank west just running around into the crowd zombies

mockers0
11-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I think the crowds look great. That's not my issue. Just walking through them looks rough compared to previous AC games. They merely just bump off you in a very unrealistic game. It's a little better then ac3 but it's very annoying.

mockers0
11-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Lol this crowd talk and zombies has me sort of thinking how it would be sort of cool if assassins creed had a zombies DLC. I know it seems cliche and typical but honestly fun over > what makes sense. It's a game for Pete sake.

Valhakar
11-15-2014, 12:43 AM
My crowd movements are fine on the Xbox one. Might be the collision dynamics of PC/PS4 that they are frantically patching. I can get stopped cold if I T-bone a person waling at me. I have to angle to glance off them or my forward progress stops and the NPC falls/staggers.