PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Something about ACU...

ihp7
11-12-2014, 06:43 AM
I've been playing ACU for a little over a day now (real time), and I have this feeling inside me. I'm currently at sequence 6, and I honestly have no desire to go on. I don't think it's a bad game, in fact I love most of the new additions. But I just get this weird feeling from this game that makes me not want to play it. I don't really understand what it is or why, because this was my most hyped release for 2014. Idk, maybe I'm just weird. Is there anyone else who feels this way? Or is it just me? :(Maybe some of you know the answer? I want to enjoy this game but I just don't, and can't for some reason. P.S. Frame Rate doesn't really bother me that much so it's not that

Layytez
11-12-2014, 06:46 AM
You watch any spoilers ?

ihp7
11-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Yes, but only after I decided I wasn't interested in continuing the story. But oddly enough the story seems pretty good, but I still don't wanna play it. Maybe, I'm just burned out on AC :(

Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Is it the Character(s), Story, Plot, Pacing, etc. ?

ihp7
11-12-2014, 06:53 AM
I really don't know. I like Arno better than Edward tenfold. And Elise, the love story I find very amusing. But still, idk what it is. Maybe I just need a break from the series for awhile or something.

But it's saddening because I was looking forward to this game so much, ugh, oh well

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 06:56 AM
I really don't know. I like Arno better than Edward tenfold. And Elise, the love story I find very amusing. But still, idk what it is. Maybe I just need a break from the series for awhile or something.

But it's saddening because I was looking forward to this game so much, ugh, oh well

I understand...a break helps everybody.

I suggest taking a month or two off anything AC and comes back new and refreshed.

You'll feel better. ;)

pirate1802
11-12-2014, 06:56 AM
You are probably in the same position as me. While Unity looks great (from what I saw in playthroughs on youtube), overall it reeks too much of been there, done that.. gameplay/characters/storywise.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 07:06 AM
You are probably in the same position as me. While Unity looks great (from what I saw in playthroughs on youtube), overall it reeks too much of been there, done that.. gameplay/characters/storywise.

I agree. That's why I've found more enjoyment in Rogue thus far.

Sure it's recycled, but so was Brotherhood & Revelations and no one rarely complains about those.

But back to Unity, it does have that "been there, done that" feel to it's characters and story which really doesn't give me the urge to play it.

Visuals are nice, but I prefer story really.

Plus I lack a P$4, so... :rolleyes:

ihp7
11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
I understand...a break helps everybody.

I suggest taking a month or two off anything AC and comes back new and refreshed.

You'll feel better. ;)

Yes, I think this is a good idea. Thanks for the help :)

Fatal-Feit
11-12-2014, 04:09 PM
You're probably fatigued on the franchise, which is understandable.

D.I.D.
11-12-2014, 04:25 PM
It's not out where I live until tomorrow so I can't make an informed suggestion, but at a guess, maybe it's a matter of flow?

Brotherhood is in many ways less sophisticated than the games that followed it, but that game and Black Flag remain the ones that I've sunk the most time into. Brotherhood was (intentionally, I think) a bit cartoonish in its story, and a lot of the activities had "extension" written all over them, but I loved dipping in and out of all these different things. Everything kept pulling me forward, but more importantly kept pulling me back to play more of the game.

Shadow of Mordor is like that. It has much less going on than any AC game. It has similar movement mechanics, but they're clunky by comparison with AC's parkour. It has an absolutely paper-thin story, and a pretty terrible final section, and yet I've already played it twice, collecting all the collectibles, completing the army, simultaneously drawn by the compulsion to reach that poor-quality ending and the desire to find all the things when I've already done that. I think Tolkein was a totally overrated writer and I hate the films with a passion, so why am I so into this game? It's that flow, and you can feel it when it's there in a game. You constantly jump between the different mechanics, you see the tough battles as puzzles to be solved and strategise against those losses, you start to take defeats personally against the characters rather than simply being annoyed with the game, and you itch to come back.

If Unity doesn't have that, maybe that's the problem. Maybe it's an okay experience as long as you don't try to lose yourself in it? Perhaps it's best enjoyed in little one hour sessions, in that case.

ihp7
11-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Yeah, wish I wasn't tho lol

wvstolzing
11-12-2014, 04:29 PM

Especially if you've recently replayed any of the past titles.

I have a strange relationship with GTA n that regard; I play it to the point where the mere look of it turns my stomach (senselessly running about the place while listening to my audiobooks); then I give a break for a year or so, and it becomes fresh all over again.
And now I can't wait to get GTA V next week.

breakdownthewall
11-12-2014, 04:32 PM
I feel exactly the same way :/
And by now I've only played the game for five hours and have reached sequence 3. Something just doesn't seem right and I can't put my finger on it... I'm not very excited about it :| I love that health doesn't regenerate at all and ordinary guards can take you down. I love how stealth is always the best approach, but there's no ambient music while free roaming -.- and I feel so disconnected with the entire modern-day story, it sucks. I've never felt this way about an AC game, and this isn't even a bad game.

ihp7
11-12-2014, 04:33 PM
It's not out where I live until tomorrow so I can't make an informed suggestion, but at a guess, maybe it's a matter of flow?

Brotherhood is in many ways less sophisticated than the games that followed it, but that game and Black Flag remain the ones that I've sunk the most time into. Brotherhood was (intentionally, I think) a bit cartoonish in its story, and a lot of the activities had "extension" written all over them, but I loved dipping in and out of all these different things. Everything kept pulling me forward, but more importantly kept pulling me back to play more of the game.

Shadow of Mordor is like that. It has much less going on than any AC game. It has similar movement mechanics, but they're clunky by comparison with AC's parkour. It has an absolutely paper-thin story, and a pretty terrible final section, and yet I've already played it twice, collecting all the collectibles, completing the army, simultaneously drawn by the compulsion to reach that poor-quality ending and the desire to find all the things when I've already done that. I think Tolkein was a totally overrated writer and I hate the films with a passion, so why am I so into this game? It's that flow, and you can feel it when it's there in a game. You constantly jump between the different mechanics, you see the tough battles as puzzles to be solved and strategise against those losses, you start to take defeats personally against the characters rather than simply being annoyed with the game, and you itch to come back.

If Unity doesn't have that, maybe that's the problem. Maybe it's an okay experience as long as you don't try to lose yourself in it? Perhaps it's best enjoyed in little one hour sessions, in that case.

Hmm, that's interesting. I never thought about it like that. And it's true, I don't really feel like doing the side missions or getting the collectibles. I just feel like it's a pain in the arse to go through year after year and basically start over and do it all.

ihp7
11-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Especially if you've recently replayed any of the past titles.

I have a strange relationship with GTA n that regard; I play it to the point where the mere look of it turns my stomach (senselessly running about the place while listening to my audiobooks); then I give a break for a year or so, and it becomes fresh all over again.
And now I can't wait to get GTA V next week.

Speaking of GTA, so much hype for next week. And I'm almost positive that will not disappoint lol

ihp7
11-12-2014, 04:57 PM
I feel exactly the same way :/
And by now I've only played the game for five hours and have reached sequence 3. Something just doesn't seem right and I can't put my finger on it... I'm not very excited about it :| I love that health doesn't regenerate at all and ordinary guards can take you down. I love how stealth is always the best approach, but there's no ambient music while free roaming -.- and I feel so disconnected with the entire modern-day story, it sucks. I've never felt this way about an AC game, and this isn't even a bad game.

Well I have comfort now that I'm not alone in this. Maybe, just maybe, we will wake up one day and love it.

breakdownthewall
11-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Well I have comfort now that I'm not alone in this. Maybe, just maybe, we will wake up one day and love it.

I sure hope so. Maybe I'll start loving it the second time I start playing it

MilsurpShooter
11-12-2014, 05:51 PM
I was that way during the Ezio de Auditore de Linguini de Lasagna games. Just got really, really tired of him and doing the same stuff over and over again lol. Take a break, pop in some old games you might not have finished, play some of the free ones from PS+ and give it a shot later.

ihp7
11-12-2014, 06:33 PM
I was that way during the Ezio de Auditore de Linguini de Lasagna games. Just got really, really tired of him and doing the same stuff over and over again lol. Take a break, pop in some old games you might not have finished, play some of the free ones from PS+ and give it a shot later.

Yeah, I plan on using GTA for that. Hopefully when I come back I will enjoy it