PDA

View Full Version : Beyond all the complaining, this is a good game, thank you.

kctay
11-12-2014, 05:51 AM
I was pretty mad this morning, when I couldn't get the game to load. However, it turned out to be the nvidia driver that was the problem. The game works perfectly now. I had one crash in 11 hours of gameplay. Seriously, for the first day that is pretty good.

Among all the negative comments, I just wanted to put it out there for the people that obviously worked very hard on this game.

USAdystopia
11-12-2014, 05:55 AM
Always wondered what complaining to other gamers...accomplished.

Great game, Ubisoft !

rcjonessnp175
11-12-2014, 06:05 AM
Totally love this game and it looks gorgeous at times! Now that I've put a couple hours in its by far best assassins game yet. Paris is amazing!

Fatal-Feit
11-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Thank you, haha! Performance problems aside, this game is amazing. ;)

playlisting
11-12-2014, 06:15 AM
I was pretty mad this morning, when I couldn't get the game to load. However, it turned out to be the nvidia driver that was the problem. The game works perfectly now. I had one crash in 11 hours of gameplay. Seriously, for the first day that is pretty good.

Among all the negative comments, I just wanted to put it out there for the people that obviously worked very hard on this game.

The negative comments on the forum are attacking (quite a strong word, but we'll go with it for now) Ubisoft as a company, not the developers themselves. There are a LOT of people experiencing issues. A large number of players cannot even get the game to start. The actual devs probably wanted some more time to polish the game off a bit, optimise it more and iron out the majority of bugs, however since Assassin's Creed is now on an annual release schedule (so the big-wigs at Ubi can line their pockets) the company gets **** for it, and rightly so. One of the higher ups at Ubisoft actually walked out due to the fact that they were focusing on money more than gaming.

Always wondered what complaining to other gamers...accomplished.

Great game, Ubisoft !

Ubisoft should be monitoring their forums to take on feedback from consumers.

jeffies04
11-12-2014, 06:40 AM
After a really long installation from DVD (5 discs!) and some tweaking, I am playing quite happily. Have only had a couple of little issues and I think one of them is resolved.

It's a really fun game. I'm not too far along in the story, I keep getting side tracked by fun things to do and getting used to the new climbing system (noticed it's better if you only hold parkour-up while actually climbing up, because it also serves as the long-jump button lol)

foley541
11-12-2014, 07:28 AM

What driver number was the problem exactly? I'm currently on driver 344.65, i'm wondering if I should uninstall that one and install an older one.

kctay
11-12-2014, 02:37 PM
344.65 was the problem, and I wasn't the only one. I rolled back to 344.48 in the windows device manager. Then after playing a couple of hours, tried installing the new driver optimized for this game, 344.65 again, and it works fine now.

StrikeQ
11-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Games been working fine for me. And have been enjoying it.

Only 2 things I have to complain about:
1: Companion App issues (Nomad Brotherhood not available, disconnecting all the time etc)
2: No multiple saves/profiles - My nephews come over and like to play the games I play but kind of hard in this case with only the 1 save.

xMiiSTY
11-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Ubisoft should be monitoring their forums to take on feedback from consumers.

We are. ;D

jantherocker
11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Nice to see some positivity here :)

I love the Characters, Arno is so much better than Connor and Edward... Funny,Sharp,Conflicted... really like him

Paris is huge.. amazing.. i ran from a mission to Cafee Theatre and realised this 2 minutes run was just the smallest part of paris o.O

Anonua
11-12-2014, 07:12 PM
The game is really great, I was frustrated trying to get it going, but after I finally got through it all I was very please with the game play, the graphics, and the character development, in such a short period of play.

greywolf238
11-12-2014, 07:33 PM
So far I'am enjoying the game, it's not perfect and it is a little choppy on my pc even with a GTX 770, but I do like the game and I think too many people are b*tching about trivial stuff.

NightmareGK13
11-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Quite frankly bad reviews aside, I hope that tomorrow when and if my game arrives and in the days to come, I am able to join this thread and truly enjoy the game.