PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Ubisoft?

Ultama117
11-12-2014, 05:08 AM
I was looking forward to this game but the pc release has been lackluster by best. The graphics aside (which have been already touched upon many times), the bugs I've been running into are running the game. I've had instances of running on the air beside a ledge, poor free-running controls, and disgusting texture problems in cutscenes. Finally culminating with me being stuck inside a pile of tables in notre dame. In all honesty this game is obviously incomplete and the previous entrys played better.

dbgager
11-12-2014, 05:14 AM
patience ..It will get better. No game is ever released in a perfect state.........

Ultama117
11-12-2014, 05:21 AM
You have a point, but this is still inexcusable
<removed>

These happend two different times i played one mission, bugs are 1 thing but when they break the game that is a whole other problem

doughy12
11-12-2014, 05:23 AM
@Ultama117
He has no point at all he's the company shill? He keeps showing up and replying to topics that cover real issues with utter nonsense trying to justify the bad programming.

And if you're playing on Steam then you cannot complain about problems. It's inexcusable to buy this game on Steam because all Steam does is open UPLAY for you (What you cannot double click the UPLAY launcher yourself)

So now you have 2 services running instead of one which makes playability even more unstable. Steam is a useless and unnecessary step because of what it does.

I've Never understood gamers who feel the need to buy games on Steam, when they don't need to making the game run worse.

dbgager
11-12-2014, 05:24 AM
Yea that upsets me to...Hopefully they fix them soon. The game is going to be a wonderful experience when they do.

USAdystopia
11-12-2014, 05:51 AM
Big deal.

King_of_Ricers
11-12-2014, 11:38 AM
patience ..It will get better. No game is ever released in a perfect state.........

Really? There are plenty of games, even now, that release in a solid state. A few bugs are unavoidable on release, maybe, but this.....this is the modern standard for triple A game releases that are marketed to create hype then get tons of pre-orders. By the looks of it, it's okay because you get people like you to defend it too. I mean come the **** on, you buy a game on release, then wait like a week for them to actually finish their final polishing? They should of had done it before the release and removed most of these game breaking bugs! Some can't even launch the game.... This is just work undone.

strigoi1958
11-12-2014, 11:54 AM
the problem is trying to set a release date. when they do and they realize they cannot meet it, they delay it 2 weeks and there is an outrage. Then they daren't delay it again and it comes to us 99% ready and the same people who demanded it without the delay.... demand it should have been 100% before release.
If it bothered me about glitches and even severe bugs I wouldn't pre-order games. I'd wait till they're on sale.

MickyDaLips
11-12-2014, 12:32 PM
the problem is trying to set a release date. when they do and they realize they cannot meet it, they delay it 2 weeks and there is an outrage. Then they daren't delay it again and it comes to us 99% ready and the same people who demanded it without the delay.... demand it should have been 100% before release.

Rubbish. The overwhelming responce when Unity was delayed was 'I'd rather they take their time and get it right'. That is the case for most games. People express disappointment sure, I've yet to see any but tiny minority complain when a game gets delayed.

You'd be hard pressed to find ONE person who complained about the delay and then went on to demand 100% perfection.

strigoi1958
11-12-2014, 01:31 PM
you're probably right... I was on the phone and typing at the same time and I can't multi task... but it is my birthday so I'll take a mulligan

DarkSolitudeX
11-12-2014, 01:51 PM
You have a point, but this is still inexcusable
<removed>

These happend two different times i played one mission, bugs are 1 thing but when they break the game that is a whole other problem

I haven't had those issues. I have, however, had the game randomly freeze on me. I also had, at the beginning cutscene of Sequence 1 Memory 3, a noise or ringing of graphics; the scene also went to about 15-20fps. I have noticed graphical glitches in player customization.

MickyDaLips
11-12-2014, 02:01 PM
you're probably right... I was on the phone and typing at the same time and I can't multi task... but it is my birthday so I'll take a mulligan

Then... Happy Birthday!

spidey18
11-12-2014, 02:36 PM
I haven't had those issues. I have, however, had the game randomly freeze on me. I also had, at the beginning cutscene of Sequence 1 Memory 3, a noise or ringing of graphics; the scene also went to about 15-20fps. I have noticed graphical glitches in player customization.

But wait, there's more <removed>

Tully__
11-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Be careful of spoilers guys & girls, see http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/938934-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES!

thewhitestig
11-12-2014, 03:04 PM
I think the game could've easily used another 6 months of development time to fix some of the issues. Just imagine how bad would have Watch Dogs been if it was released in 2013... We the PC crowd are used to being treated badly when it comes to optimization and support, but now even the console guys are getting it hard. The game runs at 22fps on PS4. That's unacceptable. Oh sorry, I meant to say "cinematic". Even Nvidia are trying to somehow excuse Ubisoft. Did you people see their performance guide? Check it out. http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/assassins-creed-unity-graphics-and-performance-guide

Next, we come to the hot topic, 'optimization'. Frequently referenced in heated online debates, 'optimization' is commonly and incorrectly used to describe a game's general level of performance, be that good or bad. Instead, optimization should be used to determine a game's comparative performance. "Does the game running on engine x output more graphically intensive scenarios than game y using the same engine?" "Does the new game in a franchise run better than the previous version, and with improved graphics?" "Does a game utilize all available CPU cores, and to a high degree of utilization, in comparison to a similar game or a previous game in the same franchise?" "Is the game in question significantly nicer-looking than another similar game, yet running better?" These are just some of the questions that should be asked when determining if a game is 'optimized'.

In the context of Unity, it's immediately obvious that Ubisoft Montreal's new game is doing far more on Low settings than Black Flag did on settings suitable for a GTX 680, and the answers to the questions above are all "yes" when you step back and analyze exactly what Unity is doing on-screen and in the background.

Beyond that baseline GTX 680, we see the GeForce GTX 780 Ti running identical settings in Unity as it did in Black Flag, yet doing so much more. Both games run with max settings enabled and 2x MSAA, but unequivocally there's more happening on a technical level in Unity. This is, by its very definition, optimization.

naumaan
11-12-2014, 03:39 PM

Happy Birthday mate

what do vampires do on their birthday bdw ? :D