PDA

View Full Version : Shelving this game until it's patched to a better state (PC)

Frraksurred
11-12-2014, 04:50 AM
The game looks amazing, the recreation of Paris is nothing short of incredible, truly impressive, but the control scheme is horrific. The rapid decent addition is nice (long over-due), but the fact I have to hold 3 buttons to do it is assinine. Traversing the world in general is a constant test of your patience. All AC games have been plagued with this; trying to run through a doorway, only to run up a wall, trying to jump straight back but jumps off into the abyss instead, etc, etc, etc. Those are annoying, but I've gotten used to them, this game tries to be fluid, but then shoots itself in the foot with the clustered controls. The "cover" mechanic espesially works maybe 35% of the time (making missions that require it a ragefest). To add to this, the game crashes regularly, the HUD only displays partially and as a left handed player, it will not allow me to bind some of the buttons I need (even though I can in previous AC games). So many mechanics are not explained before they are thrown at you. The game looks great, but it ruins the enjoyment with its clumsiness and clunk. Half of this would at least be partially alleviated if I could bind the buttons I want instead of having to constantly contort my hands into the best work-around I can come up with.

The world beckons me to explore it, but simple mechanics have me wanting to kick the responsible developers in the nards repeatedly. Maybe I'll come back to this in 3 months and see if things are any better.

dbgager
11-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Its worth waiting for.....Might be released in a poor state..But still going to be a great great game.

LeftistHominid
11-12-2014, 05:27 AM
The fact that this game is failing so hard makes me thankful for Rogue's existence. It will give me some AC to play while they fix this one.

USAdystopia
11-12-2014, 05:34 AM
Ha! You guys just start gaming?? You better not attempt ARMA 3 or Dystopia....you may start crying.

doughy12
11-12-2014, 05:39 AM
I replied just to say this
Anyone that bought this game on Steam, has no business complaining about performance problems, and here is why.

You cannot take a game that requires only 1 service, and then cause it to require an additional and completely unnecessary service to run, then complain the game is having problems.

If a game only needs one service to run, only an idiot would ever purposely force a secondary service to now also be required to run. When you run 2 services for ANY UBISOFT game then you're going to cause ANY UBISOFT GAME to run poorly because you're adding in the use of a completely unnecessary and useless service.

All Steam does is launch UPLAY and nothing else so it's pointless and a completely unnecessary step. Are you people seriously that lazy where you require a service to launch UPLAY for you because you somehow cannot double click the uplay launcher shortcut yourself because that's exactly what you're doing

Steam users clearly prefer to cause a UPLAY game to have more problems than it needs to by requiring 2 services to run instead of 1 and for no reason which is always why Steam users always argue and try and justify doing this to themselves.

You cannot justify buying ANY UBISOFT game on STEAM..You just cannot!

dbgager
11-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Obviously Doughy Ubisoft requires there DRM and Steam requires there interface which infact does run..It does not just launch UPlay. The services have almost no impact on the game. All they do is occupy a minimal amount of memory with functions that do nothing and take zero clock cycles unless called. You want to play multiplayer..Good luck without those services running to hook you up to other players. Believe my Steam and UPlay running at the same time is not going to effect your perfomance at all.

USAdystopia
11-12-2014, 05:49 AM
Am not running it on STEAM. Wish I was so that I wouldn't have to deal with the Uplay throttling of the download every 90 minutes!

shiyaoay
11-12-2014, 06:19 AM
I replied just to say this
Anyone that bought this game on Steam, has no business complaining about performance problems, and here is why.

You cannot take a game that requires only 1 service, and then cause it to require an additional and completely unnecessary service to run, then complain the game is having problems.

If a game only needs one service to run, only an idiot would ever purposely force a secondary service to now also be required to run. When you run 2 services for ANY UBISOFT game then you're going to cause ANY UBISOFT GAME to run poorly because you're adding in the use of a completely unnecessary and useless service.

All Steam does is launch UPLAY and nothing else so it's pointless and a completely unnecessary step. Are you people seriously that lazy where you require a service to launch UPLAY for you because you somehow cannot double click the uplay launcher shortcut yourself because that's exactly what you're doing

Steam users clearly prefer to cause a UPLAY game to have more problems than it needs to by requiring 2 services to run instead of 1 and for no reason which is always why Steam users always argue and try and justify doing this to themselves.

You cannot justify buying ANY UBISOFT game on STEAM..You just cannot!

This just screams to me that you have no idea what you're talking about. Blaming the game's problems on the launch application, you're either deluded or just a massive ubi fanboy

doughy12
11-12-2014, 06:27 AM
Forcing something to use an additional service it doesn't need WILL CAUSE IT TO HAVE PROBLEMS because you're forcing the game to run something it doesn't need thus drawing more power away from the game.

that's a 100% fact and to argue that means you're an idiot and dont know how things work.

If a game only needs UPLAY then YOU do not go buy it on Steam no sane minded individual is going to cause a game to require an additional service to run when it doesn't need to, only an idiot makes something require more than it needs, and for no reason.

Steam is a huge resource hog and anyone that says it's not has no idea what Steam uses to run in your computer.
Think the Steam.exe is the only thing Steam uses when it's running, then you're ignorant

Still want to argue then open up the task manager, go to the process TAB and name every single process Steam uses in that tab because It's more than just the Steam.exe. Also shutting down Steam won't reveal everything Steam uses to run. Steam uses other already running processes to run which is why it doesn't show up on CPU usage.

Steam also transfers over massive GB's of data to it's server from scanning your computer.

Want to argue with that then go read the Steam subscriber agreement (You know, the thing no one bothers to read) because it's all explained in there.

dbgager
11-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Just stop doughy really...seriously your not making your self look like you know what your talking about. Just drop it. I am using Steam right now..Its using 140Meg of memory and 0.000 of my CPU. Which means it is doing absolutley nothing whatsoever. Ingame with no Steam Browser open it uses 86 Meg and again 0.00 CPU. And really GBs of data. DO you seriously have GBs of data on your computer that you think Steam is interested in.....GIGABYTES... All you have to do to find the processes that are running is start Steam with the task manager open. It will show exactly which processes it uses because they will all pop up in the window.

All.Names.Taken
11-12-2014, 06:33 AM
Its worth waiting for.....Might be released in a poor state..But still going to be a great great game.
Not exactly the best advice. For all the previous games, I don't recall them ever "patching" the piss-poor PC controls. This game has always been designed for a controller, so us K/M users just have had to adjust to the clunky controls.

My advice, just keep playing and eventually you'll get used to it.

Edit: Oh, and about Steam, the Steam overlay has been known to cause issues in some games. Disable that, though, and yeah, it's not possible for the Steam client to affect the game's performance.

doughy12
11-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Well the fact remains that EVERY SINGLE AAA game that tons of people always complain about INCLUDING THIS ONE, I NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH EVER.
It would be one thing if I didn't have a problem with a game here or there, but it's WITH EVERY SINGLE GAME.

So I'm obviously doing something and understand things none of you other clowns do because my games run perfectly fine and yours are not.

Cannot have that happen with every single game without knowing what you're doing.

So you all can continue on this charade and telling me whatever, but whose the one with the working game...I AM. If you all really understood what you're talking about then how come I'm the one with the working game.

dbgager
11-12-2014, 06:51 AM
My game works perfectly. Have you seen any complaints from me.

doughy12
11-12-2014, 06:52 AM
Oh, and about Steam, the Steam overlay has been known to cause issues in some games. Disable that, though, and yeah, it's not possible for the Steam client to affect the game's performance.
Go buy the game on UPLAY ONLY and Steam as well, then run it and watch what happens, then come back and try to say Steam doesn't interfere with a games performance.

You're in for a rude awakening.

shiyaoay
11-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Go buy the game on UPLAY ONLY and Steam as well, then run it and watch what happens, then come back and try to say Steam doesn't interfere with a games performance.

You're in for a rude awakening.

Yes, you love uplay, we get it

doughy12
11-12-2014, 06:53 AM
My game works perfectly. Have you seen any complaints from me.
Do you have an AMD or Nvidia GPU?

dbgager
11-12-2014, 06:54 AM
How the heck would you know doughy..If you don't even play the game on Steam...lol. DO you even have any Steam games..

doughy12
11-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Yes, you love uplay, we get it

Don't dodge the issue go do it or shut up. Refusal to do the test which will prove what i just said is a fact, which means anything you say around this is irrelevant because you're talking about what you have no possible way of knowing.

All.Names.Taken
11-12-2014, 06:55 AM
So I'm obviously doing something and understand things none of you other clowns do because my games run perfectly fine and yours are not.

Hmmm... the problem with basing the world only your experience is that it gives you a very limited sample set. Case in point, I never have issues with any games, either, and I have played all the Assassin games through Stream, so that kind of negates your claim. Sorry. :rolleyes:

doughy12
11-12-2014, 06:57 AM
How the heck would you know doughy..If you don't even play the game on Steam...lol. DO you even have any Steam games..
How the **** do you know what I have a game on...You don't...Throwing around statements you have no facts to back up one way or the other.

You're one of those Steam clowns who don't see a game on an account, and then try to tell the person they don't own the game.

BTW you're still a troll that I've been humoring.

doughy12
11-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Hmmm... the problem with basing the world only your experience is that it gives you a very limited sample set. Case in point, I never have issues with any games, either, and I have played all the Assassin games through Stream, so that kind of negates your claim. Sorry. :rolleyes:
I love how something requires to be done 2 ways and people only do it one way, then try to say what has to be done both ways is false without having the information to know that.

If you haven't played the games both with and without Steam you have ZERO credibility to be saying anything about ho something is because you do not have any possible way to get the required information in order to be able to say that

doughy12
11-12-2014, 07:03 AM
What.........lol. I think I'm going to bed..Doughy keep trying. eventually you will make some kind of sense..Good Night.

It's simple, get the game on and off Steam play them both and then and only then will you be able to start trying to say anything one way or the other.

You're a troll who has no information REQUIRED TO GET FROM ACTUAL TESTING talking about what you don't know.

The fact is you don't have the information needed to make any form of actual decision and you're just talking out your *** trolling.

You still didn't answer if you were using an AMD GPU or an NVIDIA GPU?

shiyaoay
11-12-2014, 07:04 AM
doughy12 I have very little interest in personal attacks. You're telling me to test what you said before I comment whether Steam does affect a game or not when it also launches through Uplay, otherwise I cannot judge. Well the same applies to you, stop making these general, all encompassing comments that's basically saying "do this and your game will be fine". It may have been fine for you all along, but every PC setup is different, internet connection is different, software installed on said PCs are also different. You have no idea what is influencing others' game performance, or any performance really, so implying that "don't buy through steam and you won't have any problems" is just plain ridiculous really. Your games may never had any problems for you, but that's only you, great, you can say that you didn't buy it on steam for people to notice that fact, but you cannot just tell everyone who buys through steam morons or idiots because that's what's ruining the game.

I would also like to point out that I don't believe for a second the ******** requirements that costs around $500 for the CPU here and $800 for the GPU. That screams to me bad optimization and if you have gamed for long enough you'd know that no game, ever, require top end flagship pc hardware.

All.Names.Taken
11-12-2014, 07:11 AM
I love how something requires to be done 2 ways and people only do it one way, try to say what has to be done both ways is false.

If you haven't played the games both with and without Steam you have ZERO credibility to be saying anything about ho something is because you do not have any possible way to get the required information in order to be able to say that
Take a breath and think it through. I am having no issues now running through Steam. I'm getting peak performance running on high settings, no lagging or stuttering and constant 60 FPS (I play with V-Sync on) at 1920x1200. That alone negates your claim that Steam affects performance. My forking out another $60 to buy it from Ubisoft directly would be stupid and pointless since it would only, at best, prove that, yay, I'm still running at peak performance.

So I don't feel like re-reading you initial post, but are you claiming that you bought the game twice and did it both ways? I thought you claimed you have never had issues?

doughy12
11-12-2014, 07:22 AM
You don't have the information to be talking about how a game runs with and without Steam so knock off talking about what you have absolutely 100% no possible way to know without actually testing it.

That's all there is to it.

Ferboten
11-12-2014, 07:30 AM
You don't have the information to be talking about how a game runs with and without Steam so knock off talking about what you have absolutely 100% no possible way to know without actually testing it.

I purchased the game on GMG, activated the key on uplay, launched from uplay only; runs like crap. Every other game I own runs perfectly fine with or without steam. You have no idea what you're talking about.

All.Names.Taken
11-12-2014, 07:42 AM

*sigh* I guess that's just your way of admitting that you cannot counter logic, but I'll ask one more time in case you misunderstood: I have no, nadda, zero performance issues right now running through Steam, so what exactly would my running the game directly from Uplay accomplish? Please elaborate.

And, also, you didn't answer my other question? Have you purchased the game twice and tried it both ways? (Warning: It will be kind of incredulous for you to claim that you have since you have already claimed that, unlike us, you are not a moron and know better than to run a game through Steam, hence your years of never having any issues.)

bityr
11-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Lol .. trolled .. I thinks

Frraksurred
11-15-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't recall them ever "patching" the piss-poor PC controls. This game has always been designed for a controller, so us K/M users just have had to adjust to the clunky controls.

My advice, just keep playing and eventually you'll get used to it.

My experience also, and agreed on the solution. As a lefty and a KB/M player, I'm accustomed to "just getting used to it". After 4 hours of this game however, there was still no enjoyment. The world is well made, but the gameplay is more drab and annoying then fun and engaging. I went back to Shadow of Mordor for a while, now I'm just waiting on Far Cry 4.

On a side note, I run the game on max settings, apart from anti-aliasing (reduced to FXAA) @ 2560x1600 and the game runs fine. I've seen none of the bugs I've read and seen the last few days. My complaints are primarily about controls and a franchise that really needs a rest and refreshing.