PDA

View Full Version : I love ACU. Is it me vs the world on this?

Dan77777777777
11-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Yes I said it. So far I love the game. I have it on Xbox one and I haven't experienced any game breaking problems. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is refreshing (even of it isn't perfected), and the story is interesting so far. For those who are truly experiencing technical problems that really break the game, my heart goes out to you. However, for those that complain when the frame rate drops to 25 when they're crowd surfing in a sea of a thousand npc's, blow a gasket because of minor glitches, or contemplate suicide because they saw a pop-up, you should try to see the good parts of the game. Does Ubisoft piss us off time to time? Yes. But that doesn't mean we should pick up our pitchforks and ready the guillotine. Once these technical issues get patched up I predict that people will stop crying because Arno's story isn't going to win an Oscar or the game isn't running at 1080p 60fps. And to add a cherry on top of all this.....I personally think black flag was one of the worst games on the franchise. (Maybe not that bad but it's definitely overrated, people get bonkers over pirates for some reason). Enjoy the game for what it is. Wait it out for a patch if necessary. We all know ubisoft should take their time and release better quality games, but think about how many fanboys would lose control of that yearly title wasn't announced every spring. Financially they would be crazy not to make a game every year because deep down we always buy whatever they put on the shelf. (Except the few that'll probably comment and say otherwise)

OpticSpecs
11-12-2014, 02:00 AM
They shouldn't make it a yearly title, Take your time Ubisoft

Acrimonious_Nin
11-12-2014, 02:07 AM
I like the glitches ^__^

Lights Out Asia
11-12-2014, 02:15 AM
I've totally been enjoying all of it, but the bugs and glitches are really bringing the experience down for me. Love the customization, new animations, the love story is a nice bit too. It's just every time that frame rate drops or that I drop through the map, I truly get disappointed.

PedroAntonio2
11-12-2014, 02:16 AM
It's not only about the game being broken, it's about Ubisoft doing annual release and forcing us to pay more for content that should already been in the game.

PallanNedrovia
11-12-2014, 02:16 AM
Yes I said it. So far I love the game. I have it on Xbox one and I haven't experienced any game breaking problems. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is refreshing (even of it isn't perfected), and the story is interesting so far. For those who are truly experiencing technical problems that really break the game, my heart goes out to you. However, for those that complain when the frame rate drops to 25 when they're crowd surfing in a sea of a thousand npc's, blow a gasket because of minor glitches, or contemplate suicide because they saw a pop-up, you should try to see the good parts of the game. Does Ubisoft piss us off time to time? Yes. But that doesn't mean we should pick up our pitchforks and ready the guillotine. Once these technical issues get patched up I predict that people will stop crying because Arno's story isn't going to win an Oscar or the game isn't running at 1080p 60fps. And to add a cherry on top of all this.....I personally think black flag was one of the worst games on the franchise. (Maybe not that bad but it's definitely overrated, people get bonkers over pirates for some reason). Enjoy the game for what it is. Wait it out for a patch if necessary. We all know ubisoft should take their time and release better quality games, but think about how many fanboys would lose control of that yearly title wasn't announced every spring. Financially they would be crazy not to make a game every year because deep down we always buy whatever they put on the shelf. (Except the few that'll probably comment and say otherwise)

I think that even though the game has its faults, it is going to be a very enjoyable title to play.
The only problem I'm having so far is that my wife and I can't seem to play co-op.

Moose.Qc
11-12-2014, 02:19 AM
I would agree, so much negative for a good game, true, not without it's bugs but that will only get fixed in time. But I still think it would look better in 1080p on my PS4.

Anyhow after 3 hours of game play. Yes call me a sinner, but I bought the season pass :) lol.

PS if you want the real immersion, play this game in French :) Vive la liberté :p

NotMyWill2639
11-12-2014, 02:26 AM
Playing on ps4 and I haven't experienced game breaking bugs either. Love the game so far.

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Personally, I loved AC the series as a whole. But Ubisoft has really dropped the ball over and over again. To the point where I may be done with AC from now on. The sync. system is back and worse then ever. We have to complete the challenges to get every item in the game. But seeing how the game was suppose to be about making arno into your assassin, I don't want to carry bombs or a gun. So I thought that was okay... but guess what, it's not. And you won't find out until there is a challenge (previously called the sync. system) that says shoot or stun etc. Framerate is horrible, servers are horrible, overall Unity was suppose to be the jewel that brings back everything I loved about the original AC games. But Ubisoft really failed here. IMO

souNdwAve89
11-12-2014, 02:43 AM
I'm about 2.5 - 3 hours into the game (PS4). I haven't experienced anything game breaking so far. The only complaint I have so far is that the frame rate drops during cutscenes sometimes. I'm enjoying the game so far.

jellejackhammer
11-12-2014, 02:53 AM
just a quick question,since uplay is not working fully do the uplay related chests work though?

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 02:56 AM
I'm about 2.5 - 3 hours into the game (PS4). I haven't experienced anything game breaking so far. The only complaint I have so far is that the frame rate drops during cutscenes sometimes. I'm enjoying the game so far.

Game freezes a lot and i saw my friend's crash from opening the map. Other then that it isn't the glitches that bother me. Just the game itself, the promises they made, the fact that the advertised it as a game where you can pick the type of assassin you want to be and play how you want without anyone telling you how to play. But then they do the complete opposite of that

ltheghost
11-12-2014, 02:59 AM
I think this game is a lot closer to what AC1 was. I guess I'm tired of the Noobs complaining about no pirate ships or frame rate issues. All it needs is a good clean up patch. Fix some problems with the PS4 version and enjoy the game. I don't ever want to go back to pirate ships....it's played out. If people don't like Assassin's Creed....then go and live in the past and play Rouge.

gkeller16
11-12-2014, 03:07 AM
I think this game is a lot closer to what AC1 was. I guess I'm tired of the Noobs complaining about no pirate ships or frame rate issues. All it needs is a good clean up patch. Fix some problems with the PS4 version and enjoy the game. I don't ever want to go back to pirate ships....it's played out. If people don't like Assassin's Creed....then go and live in the past and play Rouge.

I agree, I was not a fan of black flag and I was so pumped for this to come out because it reminded me of AC1. I have been playing for about 10 hours today and I am only a couple missions into Paris.. Having so much fun with side quests, exploring the town, catching criminals,and gearing my assassin:)

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 04:02 AM

I have a question for you. Have you actually gotten very deeply into Paris yet? The first few hours I played, I was LOVING this game. Fabulous. Beautiful. Really fun. Love the new parkour mechanics.

That was Versailles.

Now I've been in Paris playing the missions and the framerate hasn't just "dropped to 25", it's gotten to the point a couple of times that it was literally unplayable. (I'm on a PS4, btw, it's only a couple weeks old.) I've gotten killed at least 3 times because of the horrid framerate and got trapped in a staircase or a crowded building and couldn't control Arno well enough to either fight or escape.

I've desynched 3 times because Arno fell through the earth's crust or something. No, I mean it. He fell through gaps in the terrain mesh or whatever and fell for about 15 or 20 seconds in a totally blank space until he apparently died. This was in 3 totally different parts of the Paris maps. Once it was at the very end of a long side mission and I had to restart it which was a PITA.

On 2 or 3 occasions guards I was fighting with got wedged in the side of a building in the middle of the fight. I was chasing a thief and as he ran uphill, and half-way up he disappeared down through the pavement. I suppose it was like one of those gaps I had fallen in.

Arno got trapped between a goat and a wall. That's right, a goat. I was walking through a interior passage and in the dark couldn't see a goat at first. He got wedged between the goat and the side wall. I couldn't jump, couldn't climb, couldn't attack or kill it to move it, nothing. Had to completely exit out of the game and restart it.

If it was just one or two of these issues, I'd look past it because I REALLY want to like this game. This is all inexcusable crap. I was the biggest cheerleader for this game leading up to the release. I even started a thread asking if anyone was excited for the release anymore because all I'd seen was negative stuff from what little bit people had seen, like the livestream a few days ago. Turns out it was as bad as people said and worse. It should not have been released like this. Not from a big-time publisher like Ubisoft.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-12-2014, 04:10 AM
Can't really comment completely accurately as I have not played it and won't until Christmas but a lot of criticisms I've seen are silly. I've seen people say the parkour isn't fresh even though it CLEARLY is in both animation AND mechanics so that, right off the bat, is a stupid and invalid criticism. MAYBE it's not good but to say it's the same and tired is wrong, IMO.

Then some other things I've read like how mission variety is lame and I'm just like "this sounds like a criticism that every game since AC1 has had soooo even if true, the new stealth mechanics will undoubtedly freshen up the same old mission structure" plus the missions are supposedly more open in nature and that's always welcome. Maybe they're not as open as we were led to believe but still. The only thing that sounds worrisome is the stupid companion app/Initiates B.S. that I'll do to get Altair and Ezio's outfit and maaaybe a chest or two if it turns out not to be too difficult or time consuming as well as the unstable framerate. I'm fine with it being 30fps but dear god, do not let it drop below and stutter. Ugh. Hopefully they have all that fixed by the time I get it!

zkorejo
11-12-2014, 04:14 AM
I am honestly having way more fun with this game than whatever I have played in the entire year. Games looks amazing, I like the new gameplay elements.

There are issues with framerates and pop-ins. If this game had no such problems it would have been the best game of the year so far. I hope Ubi fixes the issues ASAP.

Dieinthedark
11-12-2014, 04:16 AM
OP I'm with you, I'm loving ACU. Going back to the roots was an excellent choice and I'm more than willing to look over an occasional framerate issue (so long as it's patched semi-soon) for a game that ditches pirates and jokingly easy combat.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 04:18 AM
Can't really comment completely accurately as I have not played it and won't until Christmas but a lot of criticisms I've seen are silly. I've seen people say the parkour isn't fresh even though it CLEARLY is in both animation AND mechanics so that, right off the bat, is a stupid and invalid criticism. MAYBE it's not good but to say it's the same and tired is wrong, IMO.

Then some other things I've read like how mission variety is lame and I'm just like "this sounds like a criticism that every game since AC1 has had soooo even if true, the new stealth mechanics will undoubtedly freshen up the same old mission structure" plus the missions are supposedly more open in nature and that's always welcome. Maybe they're not as open as we were led to believe but still. The only thing that sounds worrisome is the stupid companion app/Initiates B.S. that I'll do to get Altair and Ezio's outfit and maaaybe a chest or two if it turns out not to be too difficult or time consuming as well as the unstable framerate. I'm fine with it being 30fps but dear god, do not let it drop below and stutter. Ugh. Hopefully they have all that fixed by the time I get it!

I think the new parkour system is awesome! Very well done. Big things like the descent which is really cool, and little things like a dedicated button to swing into windows. A lot of the animations are kind of monkey-like, but hey, it's a videogame.

The missions are all very AC-like, for better or worse. I've enjoyed them what I've played so far. If not for the stupid glitches I note above, I'd be a very happy camper. I had to put the controller down a few hours ago because I couldn't deal with that stuff anymore. I'm not sure what 30 fps looks like, or what 25 or 20 is. I just know it dropped to an unplayable rate. I'm hoping they can do something about it. I also preordered Rogue so I suppose I'll play that until I see if they patch Unity.

And yes, a lot of stuff is locked unless you play the companion app.

mellonxcollie
11-12-2014, 04:22 AM
And to add a cherry on top of all this.....I personally think black flag was one of the worst games on the franchise. (

Agreed, especially with this bit. I think Black Flag is my least favorite, just below Revelations.

I'm loving it. Combat is hard. I should stop messing around with side quests and work on the main story so I can get Assassin points or whatever they're called and level up Arno. New faster traversal is awesome. New side quests are great (murder mysteries? YES). Arno is much more likable than Edward. More like Ezio and to some extent Altair. Paris is gorgeous and so incredibly huge. Framerate can chug from time to time but it's never unplayable.

Once the server issues are fixed it'll be perfect in my eyes.

As much as I like the series, I didn't really like how every new game streamlined the mechanics more and more. This feels more like Assassin's Creed I and II. It's the sequel I've been waiting for all along.

Matt.mc
11-12-2014, 04:30 AM
:( All of you having so much fun...I'm still sitting here waiting...
Anyway, glad to see some positivity towards this game. Other's opinions haven't changed my decision/hype for this game, I'll judge it when I get my hands on this badboy.

Dan77777777777
11-12-2014, 04:32 AM
Loving the positivity!

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Your complaints literally don't make any sense. This game has every aspect of assassins creed but better in every way. The customization is also amazing. Jesus what are you, 5,? Get off the forums already. Also the game has never frozen for me, get a new system

How does it not make sense? (Customization is amazing, not arguing that) Funny how you ask if i'm 5 but you obviously can't read. I never said my system froze. It is hilarious that those that go straight to insulting others are usually the ones that lack common sense and are truly ignorant. The game has issues, just admit it.

My issue with it right now is the promise of freedom, promise to go back to AC1 style assassinations. But they kept the ACB-AC4 style. Challenges/sync. system. For example: the mission where we kill the guy in the confessional has a challenge to kill two enemies in a hiding spot. Why? The first time I did it I wasn't paying attention to the challenge and snuck into the confessional without killing anyone but then had to go back out and try to get a guard close to a hiding spot to kill him. That's pointless, I killed my target without anyone noticing me, that should be sufficient (especially since I prefer it that way).

Letting us play the game the way we want is what they promised. No one wants to see, "oh hey, you finished the mission. Congrats! However, you missed this so... yea"

The few people that complain about this game just can't play it right. Poor them.

How would you define playing the game right?

Frank9182011
11-12-2014, 05:58 AM
For all the framerate complaints, is there any truth to the rumor that disconnecting the PS4 or XB1 from the Internet helps improve the framerate? Logic I suppose being that the net code running in the background for seamless transition between single player/online coop would be turned off.

AzAviator815
11-12-2014, 06:03 AM
No, the game is fine. Love it so far. XBOX 1 player. No problems at all so far.

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 06:05 AM
For all the framerate complaints, is there any truth to the rumor that disconnecting the PS4 or XB1 from the Internet helps improve the framerate? Logic I suppose being that the net code running in the background for seamless transition between single player/online coop would be turned off.

Personally, I don't find the frame rate issue to be as bad as people are saying. I notice that it does slow down when there are a lot of people on the screen. But it doesn't slow down too the point that you are pulling your hair out

Fatal-Feit
11-12-2014, 06:10 AM
The game is absolutely amazing (so far). I don't know where all the criticisms are coming from. From the settings to characters to gameplay, Unity is basically the AC:2 I've always wanted on current-gen.

If it weren't so broken, I would have already completed it.

I can understand the hate from a performance standpoint, as the current-gen consoles also got the shaft, but this game is pretty darn good.:p ...Although, I might eat my words once I spend more time on it. But still, from what I've played, I think the game is great.

*goes back to playing Rogue*

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-12-2014, 06:40 AM
I think the new parkour system is awesome! Very well done. Big things like the descent which is really cool, and little things like a dedicated button to swing into windows. A lot of the animations are kind of monkey-like, but hey, it's a videogame.

The missions are all very AC-like, for better or worse. I've enjoyed them what I've played so far. If not for the stupid glitches I note above, I'd be a very happy camper. I had to put the controller down a few hours ago because I couldn't deal with that stuff anymore. I'm not sure what 30 fps looks like, or what 25 or 20 is. I just know it dropped to an unplayable rate. I'm hoping they can do something about it. I also preordered Rogue so I suppose I'll play that until I see if they patch Unity.

And yes, a lot of stuff is locked unless you play the companion app.

Yeah! I'm so happy they've finally updated the parkour system...like HEAVILY. The last time they changed it was for AC3 and all they did was made it more automatic with more fluid animations. This time, it's fluid but they also made it more complicated with the Up/Down mechanic. Wait...there's a dedicated "window enter" button??? Whaaa..? I thought you just went in by pressing Parkour Up/Down depending on where the window was in relation to you lol

Yeah...the parkour animations are weird... some look really good and realistic and some seem a bit monkey-ish and not-so-realistic so it's a little jarring but I'm not really complaining because the system is so cool!

Oh and I heard a lot of old mechanics are locked and you have to unlock them (like blending with crowds) which seems silly to me but ah well. I guess the beginning of the game will feel like AC1 where there was no crowd blending lol

The game is absolutely amazing (so far). I don't know where all the criticisms are coming from. From the settings to characters to gameplay, Unity is basically the AC:2 I've always wanted on current-gen.

I can understand the hate from a performance standpoint, as the current-gen consoles also got the shaft, but this game is pretty darn good.:p ...Although, I might eat my words once I spend more time on it. But still, from what I've played, I think the game is great.

Yeah, hopefully the performance gets patched soon because every other criticism I've seen either doesn't concern me aside from the app stuff OR it's a criticism that's been in past ACs as well and since I enjoyed THOSE games, this game is bound to be better in terms of gameplay because of all the changes.

And same here. This was the AC I've been wanting SINCE AC2 -- a natural progression to the customization (armor, dyes in AC2 > hood, torso/robes, gauntlets, pants, boots, color palettes in ACU), natural progression of the stealth from AC1/2, natural progression of the mission structure, returning to the more sandboxy missions of AC1 only... better if what they said was true about the different ways of going through a mission.

Can't wait!

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Arno is a boring character...:nonchalance:

Nah, I'm just Kidding. ;)

Or am I? :nonchalance:

Infinitefinite
11-12-2014, 06:59 AM
It's the 1st Creed I've really bothered to give a chance, mostly because of the co op, and I haven't even tried the co op yet!
So I'm still all for it.

pirate1802
11-12-2014, 07:11 AM

I iz zealus :(

pirate1802
11-12-2014, 07:30 AM
I know, I was one of the people here asking for a proper co-op in AC for a long time (and not that wolfpack nonsense.)

odovoro
11-12-2014, 08:49 AM

I didn't play Acu yet (it will take a few days till it gets here and the truth is that i love Acu 2 even without playing it yet!
i also agree that AC black flag was a really bad game only played it a few minutes at a friend place.

pirate1802
11-12-2014, 08:59 AM
>decides a game is bad just by playing it for a few minutes.
>decides he likes a game before even playing it.

...okay then..

pirate1802
11-12-2014, 10:14 AM
In this case, him comparing black flag to unity is right. All you need is a few minutes of playing black flag to know its not the greatest. From watching videos of unity I knew it was gonna be way better

...okay then... *2

Fatal-Feit
11-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Arno is a boring character...:nonchalance:

Nah, I'm just Kidding. ;)

Or am I? :nonchalance:

You know, for me, Arno is a good character. A proper character. He's what Ezio SHOULD have been, IMO. He's charming and charismatic, yet has flaws that are apparent. He's not overly patronized and loved by everyone he meets, which makes him feel so much more real and relatable. His relationship with the butler guy, whose name escapes me, but you know who in the beginning was perfect. Arno's relationships are something you'd expect from a character like that. Hell, Arno's personality, as an Assassin, is almost in reminiscence of Ezio in his prime (Brotherhood). It only took him a few sequences to develop that far. I swear, I feel like I could just forget young Ezio (love the old wise one from Revelations) ever happened and replace AC:2/B with Unity.

Manabloom84
11-12-2014, 11:08 AM
I would have to read the novel first (because I'm pretty sure this game also has a supplemental novel by Bowden) before I judge Arno but so far I'm no enjoying story or the main characters of this game.

DA SHIZZLE IG
11-12-2014, 11:16 AM
I warned you all!!!!!!!!! I told y'all that this game was a practice run lol. They just started to get better on the old systems so what made you think that they were gonna do a better job on new hardware? The next AC game on the new systems will be the big one we all been waiting for.

Rogue >>>>>>> unity. The story is crazy as hell and the old characters from 3 and 4 are popping up. Ships >>>>> ac3/ac4. I just started playing it.

escalinci
11-12-2014, 11:24 AM
I think the promise of running around such a beautifully realised paris is enough for me to get it...eventually. The parkour and combat tweaks sound sensible, but it still sounds like there are problems with traversal. Strangely enough, it was Conan O'Brien's sort of non-review that chimed most with my concerns, of there being way too much extra fluff (and English accents! Does anybody know if the French language dialogue spoils the lip-syncing btw?). The 'Paris stories' stuff is trying to make the side-quests more fleshed out and engaging, but when the central storyline seems to still be nonsensical and possibly bland, it seems like a case of wasted resources. There is not the space to gestate an engaging development to the templar/assassin conflict with yearly releases, how can you move on from the previous release when it is concurrently in development? It makes sense that the people managing such a title would pile as many things in as possible, but players have to do the editing, making moment-to-moment decisions about what is worth their time.

Back to running around Paris. Ultimately I will look for a unique experience, and that trumps solid technical foundations, or how many times my character tumbles through the floor into the infinite netherspace during a playthrough. But the problems that get in the way of that are also down to us, and the way the industry is. That we still equate value to length encourages these bloated experiences, and that major publishers make the vast majority of their money at Christmas time, with titles quickly losing their value in the spring, encourages this yearly rush (and holding off on review copies if they don't quite get there). I suppose future games, or even how much patches improve things will show us whether the frequent frame drops are down to ambitious design or bad optimisation. At this stage I think it's sensible to wait, I think a resolution bump on ps4 is unlikely. It will become a better game, but you cannot patch in brevity or structure.

DA SHIZZLE IG
11-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, the combat system has been downgraded even more than AC4's was. The combat system is exactly like AC2's lol. I told all of you sheep, y'all just didn't want to hear the truth!! His movements feel just like brotherhoods. You see, this is the reason why they never really showed actual game play. It's always CGI and game play in areas where non of the glitches/slow down could occur.

This game reminds me of AC3 a lot. Beautiful open world and a new game engine with hella glitches. AC4 was a lot less glitchy because they learned from AC3. It was the reverse for the multi player though(how did that happen?). Server was damn near perfect on 3 and kinda glitchy on 4.

Nuartey
11-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah, the combat system has been downgraded even more than AC4's was. The combat system is exactly like AC2's lol. I told all of you sheep, y'all just didn't want to hear the truth!! His movements feel just like brotherhoods. You see, this is the reason why they never really showed actual game play. It's always CGI and game play in areas where non of the glitches/slow down could occur.

This game reminds me of AC3 a lot. Beautiful open world and a new game engine with hella glitches. AC4 was a lot less glitchy because they learned from AC3. It was the reverse for the multi player though(how did that happen?). Server was damn near perfect on 3 and kinda glitchy on 4.

The combat system on AC2 is the second best after Brotherhood so that works for me!

wvstolzing
11-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I've been playing for about an hour now, and I absolutely love it too. I already ran into some funny glitches (e.g. people walking in mid-air), but that's fine. Few pieces of software that are this complicated run this smoothly.

With respect to gameplay my biggest concern was that parkour would feel a little *too* fluid ---- given all those spider-man animations in the demos so far. Fortunately that's not the case at all. I've been in just one combat situation so far, and it already felt improved & more challenging. I hope it continues like that.

DA SHIZZLE IG
11-12-2014, 01:26 PM
The combat system on AC2 is the second best after Brotherhood so that works for me!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! you must have not played AC3. After you experienced the combat system on there you will laugh at the combat systems on the older games. AC4 was good too but it was a slight step down from AC3. I used to just start random fights with crowds of people and see how many I could destroy before I was about to die. The animations that would occur when you defended at the right moment against 2 - 4 solders were >>>>>>>>>>. Also when you used different weapon the animation kills changed. Killing people with axes was brutal and fun as hell.

Let me stop talking and show you what you probably missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKhLydl8aXA
Haven't really tested out rogues combat yet, so as it stands of now, AC3 COMBAT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I used to just whoop whole crowds of bad guys asses bare handed lol. The sound it made was brutal too. Kicking people in the balls, snapping peoples necks and s**t lol. The kills on there was >>>> also. Conner never got the respect he deserved. It was mainly because ezio was still in our hearts and souls.

harsab
11-12-2014, 01:35 PM
It hurts my soul to see people crying over ''animations'' ''few glitches'' ''not fully sharp graphics'' ''frame rate''

how can you call yourself AC Fans if your not even bothered about the story? those things should be the last thing on your mind if ur a true AC Fan.

If the story is good the game is GOOD.

Also why are people acting like all these reviewers gave it a horrible rating? its got mostly positive reviews.

i even saw someone say on here that AC unity is a ''flop'' LMAO.

Trolls everywhere

smh.

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 01:36 PM
You know, for me, Arno is a good character. A proper character. He's what Ezio SHOULD have been, IMO. He's charming and charismatic, yet has flaws that are apparent. He's not overly patronized and loved by everyone he meets, which makes him feel so much more real and relatable. His relationship with the butler guy, whose name escapes me, but you know who in the beginning was perfect. Arno's relationships are something you'd expect from a character like that. Hell, Arno's personality, as an Assassin, is almost in reminiscence of Ezio in his prime (Brotherhood). It only took him a few sequences to develop that far. I swear, I feel like I could just forget young Ezio (love the old wise one from Revelations) ever happened and replace AC:2/B with Unity.

Well perhaps I'll feel the same one day...

Atm, I'm like >.>

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 01:41 PM
It hurts my soul to see people crying over ''animations'' ''few glitches'' ''not fully sharp graphics'' ''frame rate''

how can you call yourself AC Fans if your not even bothered about the story? those things should be the last thing on your mind if ur a true AC Fan.

Also why are people acting like all these reviewers gave it a horrible rating? its got mostly positive reviews.

Trolls everywhere

smh.

I would just ignore it...most of the threads yesterday were mostly from Trolls feeding off the apparent hate it's getting so far.

All the true fans as you mentioned, are off playing and are most likely enjoying the game as they should, and will be back to discuss the story and such.

It'll pass. ;)

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Trolls everywhere

smh.

True it does suck that frame-rate, glitches, and animations (not sure why that's listed, animations are great to me) are the main issues right now. If people can't even play the game how can they comment on the story? I think calling them trolls because they have issues that are bothering them seems out of place and not that logical. But going to the story like you said, most reviews say the story is meh. I haven't finished it yet, so I can't give my review. But in almost all recent AC games the stories have been falling short (however that may because I'm comparing them to AC2).

I believed I said it was a flop before, but my definition of it may be different to others. Flop in this sense means that it was suppose to be the best of the best, contender for game of the year. Live up to all of the promises they made and bring the AC series back from the milking dynasty they created. In all of these factors, Unity failed to live up to them imo (and others). Not saying it's a horrible game, or that it shouldn't have been made. Co-op is fun, probably the best thing in the game (customization with it). I'd prefer to play that more now personally.

Hopefully Ubisoft can learn from these mistakes, but 7 years later i doubt it now.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 01:43 PM
The few people that complain about this game just can't play it right. Poor them.

With all due respect, what an idiotic thing to say. I'm not "playing it right" (whatever that means) when my character falls through holes in the terrain mesh when jumping down from a building? I'm not "playing it right" when my sword-fighting opponent gets stuck in the side of a building? I'm not "playing it right" when my framerate slows down so much that I cannot even see where my character is or what he's doing? Please.

And it doesn't sound like a "few people" either.

If you're not having problems, hey good for you. But to call out people who ARE having problems for not "playing it right" is ignorant.

harsab
11-12-2014, 01:46 PM
I would just ignore it...most of the threads yesterday were mostly from Trolls feeding off the apparent hate it's getting so far.

All the true fans as you mentioned, are off playing and are most likely enjoying the game as they should.

It'll pass. ;)

you my friend are correct!

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 01:46 PM
With all due respect, what an idiotic thing to say. I'm not "playing it right" (whatever that means) when my character falls through holes in the terrain mesh when jumping down from a building? I'm not "playing it right" when my sword-fighting opponent gets stuck in the side of a building? I'm not "playing it right" when my framerate slows down so much that I cannot even see where my character is or what he's doing? Please.

And it doesn't sound like a "few people" either.

If you're not having problems, hey good for you. But to call out people who ARE having problems for not "playing it right" is ignorant.

my hat's off to you. Couldn't have said it any better myself

All the true fans as you mentioned, are off playing and are most likely enjoying the game as they should, and will be back to discuss the story and such.

It'll pass. ;)

At this point, how do you define a true fan?

Those that have been with the series since day one, or those that come in later entries that still love the game?

The people having issues are from both groups really

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Wait...there's a dedicated "window enter" button??? Whaaa..? I thought you just went in by pressing Parkour Up/Down depending on where the window was in relation to you lol

Like what I've found with every other AC game previously, if you do it just right Arno will jump into the window. It's kind of hit or miss though, because if you're above the window and move down he might just drop down below the window instead. Now, when you're above, below or next to the window and move in that direction while pushing the button (or if you're close enough, don't even have to move) he jumps right in seamlessly. It's cool!

wvstolzing
11-12-2014, 01:51 PM
..... OK that's it. This is a flop.

THEY REMOVED THE ABILITY TO PET GOATS.

This franchise is dead to me. Next gen my **** .... What's next-gen if I'm now allowed to pet goats???

harsab
11-12-2014, 01:51 PM
True it does suck that frame-rate, glitches, and animations (not sure why that's listed, animations are great to me) are the main issues right now. If people can't even play the game how can they comment on the story? I think calling them trolls because they have issues that are bothering them seems out of place and not that logical. But going to the story like you said, most reviews say the story is meh. I haven't finished it yet, so I can't give my review. But in almost all recent AC games the stories have been falling short (however that may because I'm comparing them to AC2).

I believed I said it was a flop before, but my definition of it may be different to others. Flop in this sense means that it was suppose to be the best of the best, contender for game of the year. Live up to all of the promises they made and bring the AC series back from the milking dynasty they created. In all of these factors, Unity failed to live up to them imo (and others). Not saying it's a horrible game, or that it shouldn't have been made. Co-op is fun, probably the best thing in the game (customization with it). I'd prefer to play that more now personally.

Hopefully Ubisoft can learn from these mistakes, but 7 years later i doubt it now.

''people can't play the game'' over a few glitches and frame rate people can't play this game?

The reason i'm calling them trolls are because a lot of them are creating accounts on this forum just to post hate.

And this game isn't a flop at all because just as many people are loving this game from what i've seen.

Also these reviewers are so clueless about the story, one review said ''this ac is becoming too sci fi'' something along those lines.

Thats the stupidest thing ever, the reason the AC universe is huge and amazing is because of this so called ''sci fi'' stuff thats the reason i purchase an AC every year because of the STORY.
the first civ stuff. The things that make AC unique to everything else.

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 01:55 PM
''people can't play the game'' over a few glitches and frame rate people can't play this game?

The reason i'm calling them trolls are because a lot of them are creating accounts on this forum just to post hate.

And this game isn't a flop at all because just as many people are loving this game from what i've seen.

Also these reviewers are so clueless about the story, one review said ''this ac is becoming too sci fi'' something along those lines.

Thats the stupidest thing ever, the reason the AC universe is huge and amazing is because of this so called ''sci fi'' stuff thats the reason i purchase an AC every year because of the STORY.
the first civ stuff. The things that make AC unique to everything else.

Some people can't handle the frame-rate based on the people getting super pissed. And the game freezes on some (saw it happen to a friend and he just stopped playing lol)

That is a valid point, just creating accounts to post hate is pointless. You have valid arguments, but we can't really say just as many people are loving the game. There are no real numbers so we can't know. From my experience, the good and bad, there seem to be a lot of areas that they did great but just as many they could have done better. To me they failed in their promises for the best AC game yet. But doesn't mean it's not a good one.

Lol well that one review shouldn't be looked at. But when I finish the story I'll tell you what I think about it.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 01:59 PM
..... OK that's it. This is a flop.

THEY REMOVED THE ABILITY TO PET GOATS.

This franchise is dead to me. Next gen my **** .... What's next-gen if I'm now allowed to pet goats???

I lol'ed at this because when I first approached a dog, my first instinct was to hit the "pet" button and was shocked when nothing happened. WHY CAN'T I PET THE DOGGIES????? ;)

Namikaze_17
11-12-2014, 02:06 PM
At this point, how do you define a true fan?

Those that have been with the series since day one, or those that come in later entries that still love the game?

The people having issues are from both groups really

Both fans are welcomed really.

What makes a true fan is staying with it even through disappointments, and actually focusing on the areas that need to be improved.

But in the end, not everyone is gonna be happy with this or that direction AC takes. Plain and simple.

Mr_Shade
11-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Careful of posting spoilers guys.. ;)

And thanks for the feedback!

jellejackhammer
11-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Is the day one patch actually helping in regards to frame rate and other bugs? I know Some people had the game before the patch so maybe that's where Some probs come from

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Is the day one patch actually helping in regards to frame rate and other bugs? I know Some people had the game before the patch so maybe that's where Some probs come from

Not for me personally. I installed the PS4 patch before even playing and I have huge hits.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2014, 04:30 PM
That was the other thing I couldn't think of earlier when citing the framerate/gameplay issues. Someone just mentioned it in another thread.

There's a mission inside the Sainte-Chapelle where it's a timed jumping puzzle (i.e. you're on a timer). It's part of the main storyline so it's not like it's a side mission you can skip. The framerate inside the church (you're all alone, btw) dropped so low for me, I couldn't do the jumping required on the beams and chandeliers to make it across the church from back to front the way the designers intended. I had to jump down off the church's rear balcony onto the floor, run to the front and then figure out how to scale the wall and run across a beam to the alter area. Took me a good 10 or 15 minutes to get it. Even then, it was really difficult to do it because of the framerate. I've never had this problem, even with some of Ezio's unnecessarily complicated tomb jumping puzzles.

LSquare
11-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I have the PS4 version of ACU and was able to play last night for about 4 hours. I am enjoying the game quite a lot, which for me was evident as the time flew by very quick and I don't usually have the time to play games for that many hours straight anymore. I have been playing these games since AC1 released and like many others on here am a big fan of the series.

I do see some graphical hitches, such as pop-in, reduced framerate which have been discussed ad nauseam. Maybe I am extremely tolerant of those or they aren't really that bad. I have hit a few spots where it chugged for a second, but it has yet to impede my ability to enjoy the game or execute any actions I needed to.

The city of paris is amazing so far and I haven't left the initial district yet the entire time I have played. I have found myself actually just walking through streets to destinations instead of just zipping across rooftops. The number of NPCs, the details on the streets and buildings, and the ability to go inside so many buildings is great.

The british accents are out of place and a strange design choice. I am considering going french with english subtitles.

I have only just started sequence 3 and the main missions for the first two sequences have been fun, setting up some backstory and character motivation as well as the typical integration of tutorials on controls. There is one type of side-mission, called enigma, and I have completed one of them. That was a lot of fun and I actually had to think to solve the riddles and not just run and kill someone or pick up a package at some marked location.

So far I like Arno as a character. The story so far is what I expected from the previews. I would like to see in the next AC game a departure from the current template we have for character motivation. Edward was motivated by greed, and initially used the brotherhood to further his own cause. Arno seems similar except he is looking for vengeance and not greed. It would be nice to have an assassin character that is purely in it for the brotherhood, no need for a motivation beyond the templar vs assassins plot. It just feels a bit too familiar at this point.

As of now I can't wait to get home and play. Too bad I couldn't get out of work today.

SixKeys
11-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Careful of posting spoilers guys.. ;)

And thanks for the feedback!

Say, why isn't there a general feedback thread yet? There's always been one before.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-13-2014, 04:20 AM
I'm (kinda) enjoying the stuff that goes smoothly. But with the bugs it's like AC3 all over again - the game crashes lots, I've even fallen through the world, pop-ins are sometimes ridiculous, Arno can't chase without climbing stuff all the time (just like AC3), when he's climbing he sometimes just gets stuck (just like AC3), and getting him to enter a window is frustrating to say the least - especially when I'm in a hurry.

It's like they simplified the controls too much - now I feel I have too little control.

And to be honest, the story missions so far are kinda bland (though it's getting a bit better in the middle) and the game fails to get the history across (kinda like AC: Revelations in that sense - Alex Amancio still hasn't learned how to make the history meaningful in the game). As far as I can tell, they seem to have put all the historical missions in the co-op mode, which makes the history seem disjointed.

As I feared, I loathe the accents. The people playing Arno and Elise have chemistry, which is great, but they cannot do an upper class English accent to save their lives. Arno is a bit better than Elise, but it sounds awful to me. Though I guess it could be worse - at least Arno sometimes sounds English, and at least he has a personality and a bit of a sense of humor - it would have been terrible if he'd been a downer like Connor or Altair.

But I'm still playing, so there must be something to like. If they get the bugs sorted out, I think this game will be slightly better than AC: Revelations, which is not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Though I'm only half-way through Unity and I have not played Rogue, I'm going to give my tentative rating for the game in terms of a best to worst list of first tier AC games (i.e. the ones that got released on consoles):

1: AC 2
2: AC Brotherhood
3: AC4 Black Flag
4: AC Unity
5: AC Revelations
6: AC1
7: AC3

So it's right in the middle. But all in all, I'm positive on the experience so far. I would like to see a sequel.

CartopBALTO
11-18-2014, 05:31 PM
I fully agree.
I also like the game but there are a lot of glitches.
It can get irritating, but is still fun.
@XFrozenBladez, good point.
I would like to suggest this to the developers to take their time in development of their titles, fixing errors. This should be priority one, rather than an yearly release snatching that place from it.

FlovillaThatch
11-18-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm loving the game. There are issues sure but it is a very technically ambitious game and I can put up with the problems so far... I'd like Initiates to recognise what I do in- game and to start gaining XP so I can unlock the chests... I'd like a slightly stronger storyline, but all in all, I love it. Great to give the companion app to my wife and let her do stuff with the Nomad Brotherhood so she feels less of an AC widow as well. :)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-18-2014, 11:07 PM
I'm enjoying it more after the patch. Now it's a bit harder there's more reason for stealth. Still a lot more issues to fix. I hope they don't just do a couple more bug patches and then leave it with all its gameplay issues.

SearStingray157
11-18-2014, 11:27 PM
oh - I just posted a similar thread, before I saw this one. I'm really enjoying the game too and am looking forward to many more hours of fun