PDA

View Full Version : I have no interest in your companion app...

wastem23
11-12-2014, 01:47 AM
And here I'm in the second mission and find that I'm locked out of content unless I play it.

I'll be returning this game tomorrow. Congrats.

jellejackhammer
11-12-2014, 01:59 AM
was it must have content ? that's what i'm woried about

wastem23
11-12-2014, 02:12 AM
I have no idea. And I really don't care, pushing me into some companion app to drum up ad revenue or into some microtransaction BS is not acceptable to me in a AAA game I just paid $60. AC is one of my all time favorite video game franchises but I'm not going to tolerate that sort of nonsense.

jellejackhammer
11-12-2014, 02:17 AM
i'm with you on this,i also heard that some chests are locked untill you have a uplay or initiates acount. plus the real cash BS for those helix hacks ...

PedroAntonio2
11-12-2014, 02:21 AM
What content is blocked so far ? Are the Nostradamus' puzzles blocked by the App ?

jellejackhammer
11-12-2014, 02:24 AM
the puzzles are not blocked by apps :)

My_Treehawk
11-12-2014, 02:29 AM
UbiSoft,

I do not own, nor can I get a smart phone and this appears to be a requirement of the game to acquire a good amount of material via the Companion App's relationship.

Will there be a way made available to access this exclusive material via a PC or other means?

This was not mentioned in the information I saw when I ore-ordered the game and I was seriously upset to discover it was a requirement once I was able to play. The exclusion of players from material based on their access or ownership of a smart phone is upsetting and IMHO, should have some means of access for those that do not possess such technology.