PDA

View Full Version : Older Assassin's Creed Games, amonst others, PLEASE REMOVE REQUIRED UPLAY ACESS!!(SP)

Nosrid
11-12-2014, 12:48 AM
This message is meant for Ubisoft or whoever else runs Uplay/Assassin's Creed: For some reason, you seem to think that Single player games should require a connection to your faulty client "Uplay". When I want to turn on the game that I paid cash money for, I should be able to play single player when ever the hell I feel like it! Without connecting to an Online Client that is undergoing freaking maintenance! IT'S SINGLE PLAYER!!!!! With that said, Please disable what ever code is in the game making it required to connect to Uplay. This is utter nonsense and simply bad for business, as this is how you LOSE CUSTOMERS! Now. I understand it is a poor attempt to prevent pirating your games, but seriously? The least you can do is make Online Play require a Uplay Connect... But making the entire game content require Uplay access, is complete bull, and if you continue to do this with your games, you will be down 1 less customer, and that sucks, because I really like the games you guys have come out with.

Sincerely,
A frustrated customer.

strigoi1958
11-12-2014, 01:02 AM
steam and origin do the same... it always comes down to this question..... Given the fact that Ubi make games and want to update and secure them with Uplay (as is their right... and frankly I like it)... do you want to play Ubi games ? if yes then you understand they come with uplay it is not optional unless you are the future CEO of Ubi.

Onerats
11-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Actually, Steam doesn't do the same. Can't speak for Origin, but I don't think it does either. At least, I don't recall having to be connected to the internet to play my Sims games through it. I know for sure Steam has an offline mode that will let you play any of their games (that don't require a 3rd party program like Uplay) without an internet connection. I have a few steam games I play when my internet goes down :)

Melpontro
11-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Uplay has an offline mode. Just enable it from the configuration button.

Cortexian
11-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Uplay has an offline mode. Just enable it from the configuration button.
Just like Steam and Origin. Nothing different with uPlay... Disable uPlay In-Game and it's like it's not even there, much like when playing Steam or Origin games!