PDA

View Full Version : Unity what is stretching in the options menu and how to delete saves

del170919084429
11-11-2014, 11:07 PM
There is no description of what stretching is, and I tried to delete my save to replay the game but I don't see it.

apresmode
11-11-2014, 11:32 PM
I have no idea. I'd like to know, too. I turned it off, and couldn't notice a difference.

GrungePunk
11-12-2014, 01:35 AM
So to let you guys know what stretching is. If you have a monitor that supports a 16:10 resolution like 1920x1200 like mine does it will stretch the game to make it completely fullscreen when turned on. If you turn it off you will get a 1920x1080 game image with black bars on the top and bottom of the image to fill up the missing 120 pixels. If your monitor has a default aspect ratio of 16:9 and maxes out at 1920x1080 or you're playing it on a television that supports 1080p you won't notice a difference whether it's off or on. It only makes a difference if your aspect ratio is not 16:9 and possibly 4:3 although I don't have anything to test it using 4:3.

Also I would like to know how to start a new game as well. No option in the game menu to do it. Pissing me off. It's the reason I viewed this thread. Hopefully somebody will answer that question soon.

Cortexian
11-12-2014, 02:44 AM
There's no way to make a new save in-game right now. If you want to do it manually, follow the instructions below:

Disable Cloud Save Synchronization in uPlay.

Settings gear at top-right of uPlay menu.
Un-mark the "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" box.

Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames
There should be a single folder in this directory. Double-click / navigate into it.
The folder named "720" contains the files for Assassin's Creed: Unity.
Cut / Paste the entire 720 folder to your desktop.
Restart uPlay.
Launch the game.

You should now be able to start a new game. Your old savegame will be located in the 720 folder you cut to your desktop.