PDA

View Full Version : So, Rogue?

T.Guywood
11-11-2014, 10:26 PM
For the people who've played it, what are your thoughts? I'm guessing Black Flag 2, which to me isnt necessarily a bad thing, but is it more than that?
Spoiler-free, please and thank you.

m4r-k7
11-11-2014, 10:30 PM
I have seen a full walkthrough on it. From what I have seen:

Pro's:

Great story that leads nicely onto Unity. Possibly one of the best.
Awesome ship mechanics make a return
Arctic sea is pretty cool
Awesome to see past characters again

Cons:

Whilst the story is awesome, the missions looked really boring (apart from one or two missions that were excellent)
Many locations look and feel similar to AC 3 and AC 4.
Only six sequences
No multiplayer

Ofcourse I havn't played it so I couldn't say exactly, but from what I have watched it seems like its worth a buy, but not for the full retail price as its too short and too similar to AC 4.

Reaper-59
11-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I just hope the missions aren't like AC Black Flag, tail/eavesdrop most of the time.

bitebug2003
11-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Are there lots of places to explore? I love exploring :)

T.Guywood
11-11-2014, 10:40 PM
I have seen a full walkthrough on it. From what I have seen:

Pro's:

Great story that leads nicely onto Unity. Possibly one of the best.
Awesome ship mechanics make a return
Arctic sea is pretty cool
Awesome to see past characters again

Cons:

Whilst the story is awesome, the missions looked really boring (apart from one or two missions that were excellent)
Many locations look and feel similar to AC 3 and AC 4.
Only six sequences
No multiplayer

Ofcourse I havn't played it so I couldn't say exactly, but from what I have watched it seems like its worth a buy, but not for the full retail price as its too short and too similar to AC 4.

Only 6 sequences? That doesn't seem like alot, granted i spend most Assassins Creed games just pissing about in the open world, but that really is short if the number of missions per sequence is anything like the other games. Thanks for the information. I'm probably going to cave in, and buy it at full price anyway.

Have you seen any of the outfits, other than the default, yet?

m4r-k7
11-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Only 6 sequences? That doesn't seem like alot, granted i spend most Assassins Creed games just pissing about in the open world, but that really is short if the number of missions per sequence is anything like the other games. Thanks for the information. I'm probably going to cave in, and buy it at full price anyway.

Your welcome :)

Yes, I have seen some of the outfits, they are actually pretty awesome :D

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 10:57 PM

They're long sequences. Rogue could have split them up into 12 sequences if it wanted.

Rogue has a ton of outfits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt5eRhXF4y8

T.Guywood
11-11-2014, 11:12 PM
They're long sequences. Rogue could have split them up into 12 sequences if it wanted.

Rogue has a ton of outfits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt5eRhXF4y8

Wow, there's actually quite alot of them, the 11th century one and the viking one, while kinda silly, are awesome. I've decided, i'm buying this on thursday, even if that means supporting Ubisoft's rehashing.

Thank you for the video.