PDA

View Full Version : Assassisn creed unity bad framerates no matter the settings (PC)

excuter96
11-11-2014, 08:01 PM
So i have been having frame rate issues with ac unity, no matter what the setting is low or ultra i get the same frame rate, the only difference happens in some areas with a 10 fps difference from low to ultra, for example in one place i put the settings to ultra i get a frame rate of 23-25, if i set it to low in the same place i get 25-26 this has to be the game's fault rather than my hardware right?
My specs are: Gtx660, i7-3770, 8gb ram.
Now i understand my graphics card cant handle high or ultra but should atleast be able to run at medium or to the very least 60 fps at low. There is a vid out there of someone running a gtx660 on high averaging 40 fps, yet im getting 8-26 on low? Plus i update to the latest nvidia drivers not sure what the problem is...
Edit: I also want to add that changing my resolution doesnt change the framerates, the only significant frame increase i get is when i change the aspect ratio to 4:3 in windowed mode, i and i still get 30-40 fps on low.....

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 08:04 PM
So i have been having frame rate issues with ac unity, no matter what the setting is low or ultra i get the same frame rate, the only difference happens in some areas with a 10 fps difference from low to ultra, for example in one place i put the settings to ultra i get a frame rate of 23-25, if i set it to low in the same place i get 25-26 this has to be the game's fault rather than my hardware right?
My specs are: Gtx660, i7-3770, 8gb ram.
Now i understand my graphics card cant handle high or ultra but should atleast be able to run at medium or to the very least 60 fps at low. There is a vid out there of someone running a gtx660 on high averaging 40 fps, yet im getting 8-26 on low? Plus i update to the latest nvidia drivers not sure what the problem is...
Edit: I also want to add that changing my resolution doesnt change the framerates, the only significant frame increase i get is when i change the aspect ratio to 4:3 in windowed mode, i and i still get 30-40 fps on low.....

The minimum as stated by Ubi is a GTX 680 ergo your problems.

excuter96
11-11-2014, 08:07 PM
The minimum as stated by Ubi is a GTX 680 ergo your problems.

Is that why there are people running this on the same sepcs as mine averaging 40 fps and why gtx980 are getting framerate probelms?

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Is that why there are people running this on the same sepcs as mine averaging 40 fps and why gtx980 are getting framerate probelms?

You'll find a lot of the time on forums especially, People exaggerate the specs of their systems wildly, The people who say they have top end GPU's with unplayable frame rates will in actual fact have something a bit closer to a 680 but like to stir things up, I've seen it happen a lot through the years.

Now SLI support is a different thing, Performance there can suck.

naumaan
11-11-2014, 08:09 PM
updated your graphics card driver yet ?

excuter96
11-11-2014, 08:13 PM
updated your graphics card driver yet ?

Yup i did..

excuter96
11-11-2014, 08:14 PM
You'll find a lot of the time on forums especially, People exaggerate the specs of their systems wildly, The people who say they have top end GPU's with unplayable frame rates will in actual fact have something a bit closer to a 680 but like to stir things up, I've seen it happen a lot through the years.

Now SLI support is a different thing, Performance there can suck.

What are you talking about, i have seen vids with proofs.. plus a mate of mine has a 650 and is able to run this on low with 40 fps so i have a definitive proof. Besides why do i have the same framerates on low and ultra if its not a badly optimized game..

naumaan
11-11-2014, 08:17 PM
try turning the vsync off

shadows to low or medium

and all other options at minimum ..

excuter96
11-11-2014, 08:19 PM
try turning the vsync off

shadows to low or medium

and all other options at minimum ..

I already tried all that, heck i even tried putting the aspect ratio to 4:3 and i got a 10 fps increase and i get the same fps on everything low and on ultra, im gonna try an older driver and see if it works and if it doesnt reinstall the latest one hopefully that works!

excuter96
11-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Btw my game is still running on the 1.1.0 patch, does the day 1 patch make any difference performance wise or was it just bug fixes, because i cant seem to able to update the game.

Dales_Pale_Ale
11-11-2014, 08:28 PM
What are you talking about, i have seen vids with proofs.. plus a mate of mine has a 650 and is able to run this on low with 40 fps so i have a definitive proof. Besides why do i have the same framerates on low and ultra if its not a badly optimized game..

Use your Mates PC to troubleshoot the issue, what are his specs? What else is different between your mate's PC and your's? what OS? 64Bit OS vs 32?

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 08:29 PM

I never said it wasn't badly optimized I'm just saying on these forums especially people tend to over exaggerate most of the time.

Use your Mates PC to troubleshoot the issue, what are his specs? What else is different between your mate's PC and your's? what OS? 64Bit OS vs 32?

Good advice, Should help you get to the root of the problem :)

excuter96
11-12-2014, 08:28 AM
I never said it wasn't badly optimized I'm just saying on these forums especially people tend to over exaggerate most of the time.

Good advice, Should help you get to the root of the problem :)

i have windows 7 64 bit , right not im averaging 30 fps on high with a min of 12. If i set it to medium i get a 5fps increase and low i get 7 fps increase. In some parts of the game i get 60 fps, and if i just move 1 inch it drops back to 30. Im just gonna grind through the pain of 30 fps until it gets fixed if it ever does.

Bahjabroni
11-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Btw my game is still running on the 1.1.0 patch, does the day 1 patch make any difference performance wise or was it just bug fixes, because i cant seem to able to update the game.

You already have the day 1 patch. It was incorporated into the preload/initial download. That's why it was 1.1.0 at launch.

The 1.2 patch has not been released yet. When it is, uPlay will either update it automatically or you'll be told you need to update. Only the changelog has been revealed and it'll probably change even more with the issues that have been showing up. I would bet that it will go live within the next 24 hours or so before the EU launch.