PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Patch?

Frank9182011
11-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Wanted to start a thread where we can gather patch information.

I see several outlets noting there is currently a patch live that clocks in at over 900 MB. Interestingly, the only update my PS4 has downloaded clocked in at 888 MB. Since I've seen there's been both a 1.01 and 1.02 update, am I missing something?

TYIA

Reaper-59
11-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Has there been any patch notes released yet?

taz1121
11-12-2014, 11:55 PM
DON'T DAY ONE PATCH!!!!

I'm sorry for all caps. But for the love of god this game is so much better without the day one patch. I'm completely serious. I kept get the Ce-34878-0 error when I tried to play most of the time and when I could play, the game was chock full of glitches. I am currently playing without day one patch, and it is amazing. I have not been the victim of close to no glitching. This is a serious issue please pass it along.

Terra_Tsuyu
11-13-2014, 07:59 PM
DON'T DAY ONE PATCH!!!!

I'm sorry for all caps. But for the love of god this game is so much better without the day one patch. I'm completely serious. I kept get the Ce-34878-0 error when I tried to play most of the time and when I could play, the game was chock full of glitches. I am currently playing without day one patch, and it is amazing. I have not been the victim of close to no glitching. This is a serious issue please pass it along.

What you say is true I get the CE-34878-0 error as well with the patch installed I've notified both Sony and Ubisoft so all we can do now is wait for a fix I guess. No online for me which really sucks.

evion
11-13-2014, 08:05 PM
What you say is true I get the CE-34878-0 error as well with the patch installed I've notified both Sony and Ubisoft so all we can do now is wait for a fix I guess. No online for me which really sucks.

Yeah after 25% game completion and aquiring the katana for 25k F, in the middle of a multiplayer game I got the CE-34878-0 (never happened before, played alot of games on my ~5 month old PS4). Now every time I try to launch the game online on that profile I get the same error. The thing with playing offline is that we don't know if this is even "fixable". So we might never be able to play online with our current save games. I can launch all my other games perfectly fine except for this. There HAS to be more information about this particular error for THIS particular game, and how to fix it. I've tried all the steps listed under Sony Support but nothing seems to fix it. I even rebuilt my database, restored licences etc. But if you do get any info from either Sony or Ubi please let me know! I was having so much fun with the game til it decided to crash (first time it crashed too!) and then locked me out of it...

Take care and best of luck!

Terra_Tsuyu
11-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Yeah after 25% game completion and aquiring the katana for 25k F, in the middle of a multiplayer game I got the CE-34878-0 (never happened before, played alot of games on my ~5 month old PS4). Now every time I try to launch the game online on that profile I get the same error. The thing with playing offline is that we don't know if this is even "fixable". So we might never be able to play online with our current save games. I can launch all my other games perfectly fine except for this. There HAS to be more information about this particular error for THIS particular game, and how to fix it. I've tried all the steps listed under Sony Support but nothing seems to fix it. I even rebuilt my database, restored licences etc. But if you do get any info from either Sony or Ubi please let me know! I was having so much fun with the game til it decided to crash (first time it crashed too!) and then locked me out of it...

Take care and best of luck!

Best thing you can do mate is to delete the application and then reinstall it and the game but don't download/install the patch and wait for the next patch to see if that fixes it...if not i'ma be really pissed as my club has 4 or so members in it already and I would like to keep my club. But as for rebuilding the database didn't work for me either. So jsut wait for the next patch.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah, day one patch made my game worse too.

One of my pet peeves with this game is when I choose to do a co-op mission solo. Why on God's Earth does it have to be connected to Ubisoft servers when I'm playing solo? Server connectivity issues should NEVER impact solo play, yet I lost all my progress in a mission today due to loss of connectivity. I mean, surely this isn't fricken rocket science!

Terra_Tsuyu
11-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Yeah, day one patch made my game worse too.

One of my pet peeves with this game is when I choose to do a co-op mission solo. Why on God's Earth does it have to be connected to Ubisoft servers when I'm playing solo? Server connectivity issues should NEVER impact solo play, yet I lost all my progress in a mission today due to loss of connectivity. I mean, surely this isn't fricken rocket science!

I haven't done a co-op mission solo yet, but I haven't had trouble with not having the patch installed, gonna play through the main game and then try the patch again see if it works or not. But for now I'm okay with just a single player.

sand_anne
11-14-2014, 04:00 AM
Not sure if you've read their recent Facebook updates or not, but they've created a live dev site about all patches coming. It's public and your encouraged to report all issues and you can comment publicly.

Of course the first patch released was to helix points on the PS4 rather than any performance issues.... :/

They're currently wrapping up patch 2. Hoping it's out tomorrow!

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

Pie-inator_5000
11-14-2014, 04:04 AM
I started playing AC:Unity and my game says that I can't play the third mission because the game isn't installed, but I checked everywhere and it is definitely installed. I don't know what is wrong with it, but I want to play it a lot more, but it won't let me.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi, have you checked here?

• From the Ps4 main menu, please highlight your game and press the Options button on the controller
• In the new menu, select information
• This will bring you to a new screen giving you more detailed information about the game, including a download progress status, which will show you the progress of the download of the complete game.

If you have and it is completely installed please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

bitebug2003
11-14-2014, 07:28 PM
A new patch has just appeared on the PS4

1.02 Fixes Arno falling through the floor and a co-op crash

Cptjimdandy
11-16-2014, 02:36 AM
So the first time I got the CE-34878-0 was before the most recent patch, I was able to restore the Saved Data from the cloud which was a copy from 11/11/14. I lost alot of progress, but was back at 12%.

I'm fully patched up and played a while today. Up to just above 25% and get the CE-34878-0 error again today. Totally p*ssed. I check the cloud Saved Data file. DOH! Same as current today. I attempt to overwrite the local storage and fire up ACU. Again, I get the CE-34878-0.

So here I sit. I'm not willing to delete the Saved Data file yet. I'm holding out hope that a patch will fix this nonsense and that maybe, just maybe, my Saved Data will be playable.

I am so disappointed. Leaves me wondering if Far Cry is going to need to be renamed Cry Foul. I will not be buying FC.

----really disappointed----

sand_anne
11-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Anyone have any updates on patch progress? The 'live' update site hasn't been updated since early yesterday.....