PDA

View Full Version : How Long Was The Game In Development ?

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
So after seeing ACU on a friends PC I'm quite shocked at how bad the performance is and he has 4 x 980's and a 5960X so performance issues shouldn't be a problem.

How long was this game in development ? Because it looks like a very rushed game.

This is not a meant as a comment against the Ubi guys as I love the AC series but performance quality seemed to go downhill very fast from AC3 onwards.

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 07:29 PM
4 years, since Brotherhood.

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 07:33 PM
4 years, since Brotherhood.

Another year wouldn't of hurt ^_^

naumaan
11-11-2014, 07:41 PM
i think its different for different guys .. saw it running on very powerful rigs ... i m shocked to hear 2 980s cant .. are you sure .. your processor and ram requirements are upto date ?

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I know, right?... Sure looks like it could have needed a bit more time. They couldn't even get Uplay and Initiates to work in time, too bad Ubisoft can't afford better QA and tech...

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 07:54 PM
i think its different for different guys .. saw it running on very powerful rigs ... i m shocked to hear 2 980s cant .. are you sure .. your processor and ram requirements are upto date ?

4 x 980's, 5960x running at 4.65GHZ, 32GB of DDR4 running at 3000MHZ, That was on my work mates rig so me having a 4790K at 4.80GHZ and 1 x 980 is looking bleak when this game hits the UK.

EVERY other game he's tried on that rig works flawlessly apart from when it comes to Ubisoft titles :(

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 07:57 PM

This, most likely. Unity runs a lot better, and smoother, than Black Flag, for me.

To be honest, I agree. Rogue, despite being on last-gen and all, is pretty darn good. Ubisoft could have given that title more budget and called it a day.

CHosIN1
11-11-2014, 08:07 PM
4 x 980's, 5960x running at 4.65GHZ, 32GB of DDR4 running at 3000MHZ, That was on my work mates rig so me having a 4790K at 4.80GHZ and 1 x 980 is looking bleak when this game hits the UK.

EVERY other game he's tried on that rig works flawlessly apart from when it comes to Ubisoft titles :(

Your friends rig sounds impressive but cant say performance issues don't surprise me one bit im not sure why anyone would run beyond sli ( tri quad) esp when this is next gen game they only test it at recommended specs on release.... :p well its taken me 45 mins just to play the next part of episode.:confused:

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Your friends rig sounds impressive but cant say performance issues don't surprise me one bit im not sure why anyone would run beyond sli ( tri quad) esp when this is next gen game they only test it at recommended specs on release.... :p well its taken me 45 mins just to play the next part of episode.:confused:

I'm putting the performance issues down to SLI, It can introduce more problems than it solves.

wichking
11-11-2014, 09:10 PM
This game sure needs atleast one year for optimization. Instead of playing the game on twitch stream they should work on fixing the errors. and ofc instead of making a companion app put these ppl for optimization stuff. It seems the optimization team is out of 4 ppl

Dicehunter
11-11-2014, 09:34 PM
This game sure needs atleast one year for optimization. Instead of playing the game on twitch stream they should work on fixing the errors. and ofc instead of making a companion app put these ppl for optimization stuff. It seems the optimization team is out of 4 ppl

Ubi are purely in it for the cash, They are the new EA.