PDA

View Full Version : Giantbomb talks about ACU technical issues & embargo

dazzlerazzle84
11-11-2014, 06:52 PM
http://youtu.be/iQcnpGVt1ZE

This is still live but you can watch from the beginning

Sushiglutton
11-11-2014, 06:58 PM
So the embargo lfted 12h after the game went live.... That's kind of shady.... Proves Ubi knew it was weak.

Edit: Excellent comments on the game!!!!! Everyone should listen on the part from 9:00-14:00.

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 07:13 PM
So the embargo lfted 12h after the game went live.... That's kind of shady.... Proves Ubi knew it was weak.

There would have been an embargo if it was due to be a 10/10 smash. Virtually every game has an embargo, unless there's a tactical decision. For example, DA:I launches after ACU, but they've allowed the review to go early in an effort to persuade people to stay their wallets for another week. That's very unusual nowadays, though.

Sushiglutton
11-11-2014, 07:16 PM
There would have been an embargo if it was due to be a 10/10 smash. Virtually every game has an embargo, unless there's a tactical decision. For example, DA:I launches after ACU, but they've allowed the review to go early in an effort to persuade people to stay their wallets for another week. That's very unusual nowadays, though.

According to the GB guys it's very unusual that the embargo is lifted after the game is released, that's what's shady. What this means is that the press aren't allowed to discuss the game until their readers have been playing it for 12h.

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 07:19 PM
According to the GB guys it's very unusual that the embargo is lifted after the game is released, that's what's shady. What this means is that the press aren't allowed to discuss the game until their readers have been playing it for 12h.

Yes, that's true, but it was only by a matter of hours for part of the world. Kotaku drew attention to this a day or two ago as well. It was only 12h after midnight EST, to be fair - not many people would have bought and started playing the game who weren't the kind of rabid fans who'd buy this thing no matter what.

dazzlerazzle84
11-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Personally after watching this and looking @ reviews this might be a pickup title next year for me @ deep discount, lets see whats gonna happen with farcry embargo lifts on Friday, it looks like they have more faith in that title at least

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Personally after watching this and looking @ reviews this might be a pickup title next year for me @ deep discount, lets see whats gonna happen with farcry embargo lifts on Friday, it looks like they have more faith in that title at least

The Crew was really nice in beta, if you fancy a driving game with the AC approach to side missions and maps. All signs suggest that if you want a meaty game this November with plenty to do, you should be looking at Dragon Age Inquisition.