PDA

View Full Version : No moving dead bodies? No continuous looting? No challenge tracking?

Tanyn
11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Please don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that I got the game running after all the tweaks to the graphics settings

That said, it kinda feels like we're going backwards on some things here. Do you remember the last game in the series where bodies couldn't be picked up and moved / hidden to avoid attracting attention? Yeah, that one was called Assassin's Creed ONE. This game does have an interesting new level of challenge to it, with the progression, dedicated stealth and combat ... but it's missing features that have been present in nearly the ENTIRE franchise.

Continous looting wasn't introduced until AC3, iirc, maybe Revelations. It's quite simple really, I hold the loot button, and just walk from corpse to corpse, never releasing the button and they all get looted. Yes, it's not a critical thing to get upset about, and I wouldn't really call myself upset, just noticing how much I took it for granted.

Challenges (Crowd challenges, assassin rank progression, gaining creed points, etc.) I've checked the progress tracker, and combed through every sliver of information that the menus have, and there does not seem to be ANY way to track challenges, or even see which challenges exist. That is not acceptable. This game is heavily progression-based from what I can tell ... what good is that, if I cannot see HOW I am supposed to progress? If I simply missed the spot to find the challenge tracking information, then someone PLEASE feel free to correct me .... if not ... then that's one HELL of a massive oversight Ubisoft .... again.

Also, there's no option to quit to the main menu ... (for instances when my character hits one of those invisible walls that exist in EVERY assassin's creed title ... only, if you hit that wall while on a ledge, you're frozen in place and all movement keys stop responding) ... it's desktop or nothing ... really?!

NightmareGK13
11-11-2014, 06:13 PM
are you sure you cannot move dead bodies? maybe it's a bug or an ability yet to be unlocked.

If not I can still see why not, considering the setting, however it's still a big flaw.

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 06:53 PM
You are indeed not able to move bodies. It does seem like they're going back to basics for a lot of things, leaving behind a lot of features that improved the previous games.

wichking
11-11-2014, 07:06 PM
IS the whistle removed aswell? what about horses? what about snow?

D_cover
11-11-2014, 07:10 PM
They took out moving bodies? Pretty dumb thing to remove if you ask me. So stealth play is either don't be seen or try and kill everyone in the room while their back is turned.

Plus don't forget the ragdoll physics slide off roofs and in the old games if you stealth killed a guy on the roof you had to pick him up straight away before he fell.

How could of this simple but very useful mechanic have been missed?

wichking
11-11-2014, 07:16 PM
cuz its ubisoft. if youw anna move bodies goplay rogue :D thats ubi motto
( sry for being so negative about ubisoft but they kinda anoy me with their support)