PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot review is live

Sushiglutton
11-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Reviews:

Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/assassin-s-creed-unity-review/1900-6415948/

Score:
7/10

Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-11-assassins-creed-unity-review

Score:
7/10

Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-unity-the-kotaku-review-1657368877

Should you play this game:
"NO"

IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/assassins-creed-unity-review

Score:
7.8/10

Gameinformer: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_unity/b/xboxone/archive/2014/11/11/game-informer-review-assassins-creed-unity.aspx

Score:
8/10

lothario-da-be
11-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Only a 7??? I expected rogue to get 7's and Unity 9's

ACfan443
11-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Not looking too good

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/11/assassins-creed-unity-review-a-tale-of-two-games/
- 2.5/5

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/games/playstation-4/Assassin-039-s-Creed-Unity-Review-464674.shtml
- 7.5/10

EDIT: Holy crap, IGN gave it a lower score than AC3?

lothario-da-be
11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
I am getting scared now :(

Sushiglutton
11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Kotaku giving a No is shocking to me tbh. That seems very harsh. Haven't read it perhaps it's about bugs?

Jarek23
11-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Polygon - 6.5 (http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7192467/assassins-creed-unity-review-xbox-one-PS4-PC)

Game Informer - 8/10 (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_unity/b/xboxone/archive/2014/11/11/game-informer-review-assassins-creed-unity.aspx)

lothario-da-be
11-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Metacritic is 74 atm with 10 reviews http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/assassins-creed-unity

Jarek23
11-11-2014, 06:20 PM
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_we_reviewer_ac_unity-16043_en.html

On the up side

+ Paris, incredibly detailed and well used by the game
+ The lighting, nothing short of amazing.
+ Back to a European major city
+ Stealth finally works as it should
+ The missions are more open ended
+ 15 hours to finish the main mission, with a lot of secondary content
+ The rifts are a nice addition

On the down side

- The horrible loading times
- The unacceptable loading times
- Just a black loading screen, really?
- Framerate can become problematic from time to time
- We miss Jesper Kyd's ambient music
- Some animations are looking a bit old
- Lots of small visual bugs, a few more major one requiring mission restarts

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 06:20 PM
Meanwhile, Rogue is getting some good reviews. (8 and 9s)

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Kotaku giving a No is shocking to me tbh. That seems very harsh. Haven't read it perhaps it's about bugs?

No, structure. You should read it. It sounds like a very careful and considerate breakdown of what's wrong, and I hope Ubisoft pays attention to it. Other reviews have been far too vague, but this one is a precise dissection. These lessons need to be learned, otherwise the series is going to be dead after whatever projects that are currently underway are complete (or maybe even before - it makes no sense for Ubisoft to continue to finish projects that don't justify the outlay).

VitoAuditore
11-11-2014, 06:26 PM
the rest looks worrying, but I wouldnt weigh kotaku's so hard. I thought most people already knew that site sucks?

lothario-da-be
Some people predicted this here, but nobody wanted to believe them...

ACfan443

I thought they didn't send out any review copies? At least, that's what IGN is claiming.

killzab
11-11-2014, 06:28 PM
the rest looks worrying, but I wouldnt weigh kotaku's so hard. I thought most people already knew that site sucks?

Kotaku's reviews are very good and interesting, I disagree with you

Kaschra
11-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Wow... I really didn't expect this O__o

lothario-da-be
Does this mean that Shadow of Mordor is the best AC game this year? :p

D.I.D.

No, it's one of the best gaming sites out there.

Jarek23
11-11-2014, 06:32 PM
This is something I hate about modern gaming, it's not a review, but this sticks out and needs to be killed off in the future.

8 Concerning Things I Experienced in Assassin's Creed Unity (http://www.ign.com/blogs/jdavisign/2014/11/11/8-real-things-i-experienced-in-assassins-creed-unity/) - IGN

This is a $60 video game set in revolutionary Paris that continually spams you to sign up for Ubisoft services via locked-away in-game content. This is a $60 video game that paces out unlockables and upgrades at the exact speed that Ubisoft wanted, but then offers to sell you ďtime savers.Ē

Will_Lucky
11-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Urgh I knew this was going to happen since the 900p stuff. Ironic that every time they try to extend too far and revolutionise they fall short while the refined games namely Brotherhood and Black Flag nail it. Christ I didn't want this to happen now where do we go from there?

killzab
11-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Urgh I knew this was going to happen since the 900p stuff. Ironic that every time they try to extend too far and revolutionise they fall short while the refined games namely Brotherhood and Black Flag nail it. Christ I didn't want this to happen now where do we go from there?

Now we stop with all this "welcoming new players and forgetting the franchise's lore", Iniates BS, Companion app BS, microtransaction BS and anything that locks away content FROM THE GAME !

lothario-da-be
11-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Now we stop with all this "welcoming new players and forgetting the franchise's lore", Iniates BS, Companion app BS, microtransaction BS and anything that locks away content FROM THE GAME !
This.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-11-2014, 06:38 PM
I wasn't expecting such low scores.

ACfan443
11-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Can we have a title change since it's a general press review thread?

Jarek23
11-11-2014, 06:42 PM

Well said, I don't have a smart phone. I was paying too much a few years ago and spent way too much time staring at it. I was becoming the type of person I hated, the one that stares at their phone while talking to you. So I gave it up and went with something basic. Because of that, or whatever reason, be if it you can't afford one, don't want one, don't need one etc. you are locked out of content, how ridiculous.

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 06:46 PM
AC1 which was my favourite AC game for the longest time (until AC4) also had mostly '7' scores and a lot of people said it was more of a 'technical demo', and whatnot.

And AC3, btw, got mostly 8s and 10s.

So considering all that (mainly the first point, as it's essentially equivalent of AC1 for new generations) ACU might become my new favourite :p

ze_topazio
11-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Ouch, I guess next year game is going to be great.

AC1, first of its kind, averagely received
AC2, perfected and improved the formula, well received

AC3, new engine with new gameplay mechanics, averagely received
AC4, took AC3 engine, improved it and made full use of it, well received

AC Unity, revamped gameplay and ideas, averagely received
AC 2015, ???, probably will take everything great of Unity and make an awesome game out of it.

It's always like that, annualization is to blame for this, when they try to revolutionize the franchise the tight schedules don't allow them to properly experiment and test the new mechanics they have just created.

I praised them for trying to change the engine and gameplay mechanics once in a while but perhaps they should concentrate on perfecting what they have and making amazing games instead of trying to change everything so often just to amaze us with graphics, animations and crowds.

lothario-da-be
11-11-2014, 06:49 PM
AC1 which was my favourite AC game for the longest time (until AC4) also had mostly '7' scores and a lot of people said it was more of a 'technical demo', and whatnot.

And AC3, btw, got mostly 8s and 10s.

So considering all that (mainly the first point, as it's essentially equivalent of AC1 for new generations) ACU might become my new favourite :p
This is true. If Unity for next gen is what ac1 was for previous gen we have some nice games ahead of us.

aL_____eX
11-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Actually I was expecting this and I think it's good that they're honest with the game. From what I've heard/read it's full of bugs, glitches and bad performance at this point. I'm pretty sure we will get updates to fix all this soon, but right now the game doesn't deserve more as it looks.

I'm still looking forward to play this game on Thursday, because I love the series and I'm pretty sure the experience will be amazing, but from a technical point of view it is (kind of) broken atm.

Btw, that one NeoGAF thread escalated so quick, but I have to admit I died laughing at some pictures...

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 06:53 PM

They just need to take the tech from this edition, and use the company's massive funds to begin AC again with a blank slate.

I don't mean a reboot necessarily, I just mean that they need to reimagine what the game is. Dishonored had that advantage; they came along fresh to the genre, and decided a first-person game with agility via a marker system was what they needed, and it was excellent. AC needs that moment too, to take a synopsis approach - boiling down the game's concept in a paragraph or two - and then coming up with the tools to make it happen, even if the new game bears little resemblance to its forebears. Take a sample hypothetical mission, "Infiltrate a factory and kill the owner", say - and think how a totally fresh game would handle that to make it fun.

Splinter Cell and even Watch Dogs appear to have made better stealth systems than ACU, which is bizarre, but maybe that's where Ubisoft needs to focus its attention. If, as the Kotaku review points out, we cannot creep around the sides of a desk without standing up briefly to join the next surface plane, that's unacceptable for any assassination simulator. Maybe there's a restriction it needs to make it fun: "Kill nobody but the target", for example, otherwise your own faction will punish you for breaking the rules, or just a more realistically vulnerable protagonist.

Maybe they should focus on how the game reacts to you. I love the way Shadow Of Mordor's enemies give the illusion of developing specific grudges because of particular things you did. I love it when Dishonored closed off branches of its potential outcomes in response to your preliminary strategies early in a mission, which felt like the makers had anticipated the kinds of things that we might do. Seeing those plays acknowledged is like a little reward - a nod from the developer to the player.

iambladers
11-11-2014, 06:54 PM
i warned you ppl. this game is a travesty.
selling my digital copy on ebay in case any wants to bite.
i rather shred this piece of ---- though. iteration of garbage!

SHADOWGARVIN
11-11-2014, 06:57 PM

What do you mean "you people"????

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 06:58 PM

I'm still going to buy it and play it. A 7/10 game is still a good one. It can be disappointing in many ways and still worthwhile. However, if I could only choose one game this season then I'd probably get Dragon Age: Inquisition instead, based on what I'm hearing.

marvelfannumber
11-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Ah, this is why I never pre-order anythingm always wait for the reviews folks. I'll wait and see if the patches will fix some of the issues people have as of right now.

jayjay275
11-11-2014, 07:06 PM
I don't care what people on the internet say. I like this series, and technical issues aside, I know that I'll enjoy it.

Shahkulu101
11-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Quite a few Rogue reviews are out - not that many - and it seems right now that it's shaping up to be the better received game. You know Rogue, the Black Flag 2.0 set in ice that reuses New York...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jarek23
11-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Ouch, I guess next year game is going to be great.

AC1, first of its kind, averagely received
AC2, perfected and improved the formula, well received

AC3, new engine with new gameplay mechanics, averagely received
AC4, took AC3 engine, improved it and made full use of it, well received

AC Unity, revamped gameplay and ideas, averagely received
AC 2015, ???, probably will take everything great of Unity and make an awesome game out of it.

It's always like that, annualization is to blame for this, when they try to revolutionize the franchise the tight schedules don't allow them to properly experiment and test the new mechanics they have just created.

I praised them for trying to change the engine and gameplay mechanics once in a while but perhaps they should concentrate on perfecting what they have and making amazing games instead of trying to change everything so often just to amaze us with graphics, animations and crowds.

You are skipping Brotherhood and Revelations. Brotherhood as very well received, Revelations was the lowest scoring AC game up until now with Unity.

Alex Hutchinson, Alex Amancio - They might be the problem.

Also, in terms of yearly releases and reusing assets, the start of the Unity theme has Ezio's Family, Rogues main theme is just an arrangement of Jesper Kyd's work.

On top of it all, every year they pile on the microtransactions. It definitely comes down to the series being released every year, but it's almost like they aren't really trying anymore.

aL_____eX
11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't care what people on the internet say. I like this series, and technical issues aside, I know that I'll enjoy it.
Exactly. I pre-order AC games because I'm always convinced the experience is going to be great and because of all collector extras.

I know many people criticize this, because that's why they think Ubisoft pushes out games like Unity (at its current state). But I truly believe they want to give gamers the best possible experience they can... and yes, that's what I think. I mean, money is good - but if your games don't deliver because they somehow catch people, you won't make money in the future.

TwentyGlyphs
11-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm glad the reviews are being brutally honest. And a new engine and new generation of hardware still doesn't excuse a weak story and boring characters (if that's true, I haven't seen the actual story yet). That's what I don't get, why can't they at least get a decent story and create a compelling main character with a good voice actor? They managed it on AC2 with a lot fewer resources than they're throwing at the series now. I just don't get that aspect.

I'm glad I wasn't too hyped for this game, which will temper any disappointment. I was always excited about it, but I kept my expectations reasonable, especially considering they weren't ready to show the game off at all until E3 and then announced the delay. I'm still excited to explore the city and new gameplay mechanics, but my expectations have remained reasonable all along.

Relmar_Vel
11-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Quite a few Rogue reviews are out - not that many - and it seems right now that it's shaping up to be the better received game. You know Rogue, the Black Flag 2.0 set in ice that reuses New York...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It is very amusing, since so many people were bashing on Rogue since it was revealed. Saying it is going to suck, money grabbing, copy pasting same material, just a black flag dlc, Unity will destroy it... Yet it gets better reception than Unity.

Jarek23
11-11-2014, 07:22 PM
http://abload.de/img/mjx1omb4i7zkygnlvzatdmo9d.png

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm glad the reviews are being brutally honest. And a new engine and new generation of hardware still doesn't excuse a weak story and boring characters (if that's true, I haven't seen the actual story yet). That's what I don't get, why can't they at least get a decent story and create a compelling main character with a good voice actor? They managed it on AC2 with a lot fewer resources than they're throwing at the series now. I just don't get that aspect.

I'm glad I wasn't too hyped for this game, which will temper any disappointment. I was always excited about it, but I kept my expectations reasonable, especially considering they weren't ready to show the game off at all until E3 and then announced the delay. I'm still excited to explore the city and new gameplay mechanics, but my expectations have remained reasonable all along.

A lot of things have changed since AC2. AC2 was the video game that looked surprisingly like a Pixar-style film, but changes in the series and across the industry since then have forced a new change. Now, a game of this type needs to aim to be a video game that's like a movie or a high quality TV show, and not many studios are ready for that jump yet. Hopefully, they've already bought-in the writing/directing talent they need for the next games.

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 07:24 PM
I keep making the mistake of reading the Youtube comments.

God, smite me. :p

aL_____eX
11-11-2014, 07:25 PM
@shakulu and @Relmar: Like mentioned on the off-topic thread it's not that hard for Rogue to receive better reviews. It's everything people liked in Black Flag in a new seeting... Ubisoft couldn't do anything wrong with Rogue. I expected it to be received mostly in a positive way. On the other hand, Unity was a HUGE risk for Ubisoft. New engine, 'next-gen' only, and very very high expectations. You can expect people to see the game in a more critical way than Rogue. And that doesn't mean one of them is better oder one of them is recycled, it just means the chances for Rogue being reviewed as 'better like expected' were much higher than Unity being reviewed as 'like expected'.

Jarek23
11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
New engine

Anvil Next, same engine since AC3.

ze_topazio
11-11-2014, 07:28 PM
You are skipping Brotherhood and Revelations. Botherhood as very well received, Revelations was the lowest scoring AC game up until now with Unity.

Brotherhood took everything great from AC2, perfected it and expanded it, for Revelations they took Brotherhood template and did a smaller scale version of it, some could say it was a downgrade since everything was simplified and much more linear.

I didn't count Bro and Rev because they are just expansions of a successful game and not the successors of a "revolutionary" entry in the franchise.

I would say we could use more Brotherhoods, create a formula, perfect it and then perfect it even further, instead of creating a new formula, perfecting it and then reset everything again, which apparently is what Rogue is doing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Back in the days, when we were all convinced Rogue was going to be just a cheap cash grab, I joked about in a surprising twist Rogue being better received than Unity, can't believe I was right. ;)

dimbismp
11-11-2014, 07:28 PM
IS THIS A NIGHTMARE?!?!?The moment i saw the first score,i almost had a hurt attack.What did go so WRONG?!?!?I am still buying this game,but Amancio,the trailers....it seemed perfect.Instead it is ACIII.2,or even worse....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Sorry,but this is BS.The 2 games are reviewed in a completely different basis.There were different expecations for each game.And no matter how good scores ACRo gets and how bad ACU is,still ACU at least tries to innovate.

aL_____eX
11-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Anvil Next, same engine since AC3.
'Recreated' for entirely different platforms and hardware (if I'm not wrong).

rrebe
11-11-2014, 07:29 PM
@shakulu and @Relmar: Like mentioned on the off-topic thread it's not that hard for Rogue to receive better reviews. It's everything people liked in Black Flag in a new seeting... Ubisoft couldn't do anything wrong with Rogue. I expected it to be received mostly in a positive way. On the other hand, Unity was a HUGE risk for Ubisoft. New engine, 'next-gen' only, and very very high expectations. You can expect people to see the game in a more critical way than Rogue. And that doesn't mean one of them is better oder one of them is recycled, it just means the chances for Rogue being reviewed as 'better like expected' were much higher than Unity being reviewed as 'like expected'.

Exactly!

I'm not going to listen to those reviews, I want to make my own opinion once I've played the game.

xaventh
11-11-2014, 07:32 PM
As of right now, im enjoying rogue more than unity. Played unity for about 2 hours, turned it off and put rogue in the ps3. Ill be finishing that first while ubisoft catches up with themselves. Its really a shame they release a game in this state once again.

ze_topazio
11-11-2014, 07:34 PM

Everybody thought Revelations was going to be great since it was just taking the best of Brotherhood, but in the end ended up being just a poor man's Brotherhood in a pretty setting, so this time people were expecting Rogue to be just a poor's man AC4 as well, that's why people were apprehensive.

Will_Lucky
IS THIS A NIGHTMARE?!?!?The moment i saw the first score,i almost had a hurt attack.What did go so WRONG?!?!?I am still buying this game,but Amancio,the trailers....it seemed perfect.Instead it is ACIII.2,or even worse....
Sorry,but this is BS.The 2 games are reviewed in a completely different basis.There were different expecations for each game.And no matter how good scores ACRo gets and how bad ACU is,still ACU at least tries to innovate.

They're both $60 titles, they shouldn't be it sounds like Rogue somehow managed what it shouldn't of

And your still going to buy it? Oh bravo continue to fund repeats like this.

HiddenKiller612
I wonder how much of the game the reviewers actually played to gain understanding of the game? 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, perhaps 5 hours tops. Since they review many games... I highly doubt any of the reviewers even finished the game. It's hard to gauge the entirety of a game based on a few hours of play time... and I bet, most of that play time was spent roaming around Paris... so. Take their views on the story with a grain of salt.

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 07:37 PM

It's still the AnvilNext, just re-purposed for current-gen.

Shahkulu101
11-11-2014, 07:39 PM
I wonder how much of the game the reviewers actually played to gain understanding of the game? 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, perhaps 5 hours tops. Since they review many games... I highly doubt any of the reviewers even finished the game. It's hard to gauge the entirety of a game based on a few hours of play time... and I bet, most of that play time was spent roaming around Paris... so. Take their views on the story with a grain of salt.

Dude...they all complete the games - they're required to by law. There's more than sufficient staff at massive outlets like IGN to cope with the many new releases...

ACfan443
11-11-2014, 07:40 PM
INITIATES

"The negative side is all the damn online account connections needed to fully enjoy the game. Here's an example: around the city there's different colored treasure chests appearing on your map. White chests are simple; find them and open them. Red chests require lockpicking. Blue chests require you to use the Assassin's Creed Unity Companion app - which is rather impressive and robust for an add-on experience - to access them. Finally, yellow chests need a valid AC Initiates account to open.

Most of my playthrough, the Initiates site was simply down. Even when it was up, I needed to download the Uplay app, log into Uplay, go back into the game, try to open the chest, load up Initiates in my web browser, create an Initiates account, and then hope the whole thing would sync up in-game. It was annoying juggling accounts and apps just to open a chest. Now that it's all hooked-up, it's not as trying, but starting the whole machine up seemed needlessly complex."

Just kill this site already.

Will_Lucky

That means next to nothing, they simply upgraded it which happens just about every time a successive game is released on an existing engine IE Morrowind-Oblivion-Skyrim. All the same same engine, impressive no?

aL_____eX
It's still the AnvilNext, just re-purposed for current-gen.
which still makes it a change. Don't get me wrong, I don't defend Ubisoft on everything they do, but seeing how many people started complaining about Unity when it wasn't even released makes me wonder what expectations most of them had. And that's why I don't give anything about those reviews, I'll play the game and (hopefully) like it in the end and be satisified and excited for more. For example their 'micro-transactions'-policy is disgusting, but until now we don't have to follow them with this if we don't like to...

dimbismp
11-11-2014, 07:41 PM
They're both $60 titles, they shouldn't be it sounds like Rogue somehow managed what it shouldn't of

And your still going to buy it? Oh bravo continue to fund repeats like this.

Well,i assume you haven't played the game,so you cannot just call the game a bad one,as i cannot call it a great one too.

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Dude...they all complete the games - they're required to by law. There's more than sufficient staff at massive outlets like IGN to cope with the many new releases...

There's no law! The reviewers just do it because they should, and it's part of their job.

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 07:45 PM

Kirk Hamilton at Kotaku wrote a post yesterday to explain that he's put 85 hours into Dragon Age Inquisition, but he's going to delay his review do play some more and try out other characters and choices to see how the game changes.

The only reviewers writing a review that quickly would be amateurs who bought the game this morning. Official reviewers would have got their copies in advance so they have plenty of time to play the game to the end of the story and play a decent amount of any extra content.

SlyTrooper
11-11-2014, 07:48 PM
One thing to take away from this, even though I don't believe any of the reviews, is that we should get a really refined game next year like ACIV was to AC3.

Fatal-Feit
11-11-2014, 07:51 PM
which still makes it a change. Don't get me wrong, I don't defend Ubisoft on everything they do, but seeing how many people started complaining about Unity when it wasn't even released makes me wonder what expectations most of them had. And that's why I don't give anything about those reviews, I'll play the game and (hopefully) like it in the end and be satisified and excited for more. For example their 'micro-transactions'-policy is disgusting, but until now we don't have to follow them with this if we don't like to...

No, no, the engine, itself, wasn't changed, or altered, just the game(s). :p

I agree with everything else.

Sushiglutton
11-11-2014, 07:56 PM
NeoGaf can be awfully clever sometimes, even though it hurts inside for a fan...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2LluBqCYAAuE2z.png:large

aL_____eX
11-11-2014, 07:59 PM
NeoGaf can be awfully clever sometimes, even though it hurts inside for a fan...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2LluBqCYAAuE2z.png:large
I'm not starting to think about the things that happened on NeoGAF like 2 hours ago again... Those pictures of glitched faces and crowds and everything... a nightmare but just hilarious.

@Fatal and everyone else: You beat me. No new engine then! Guess I was wrong, but still Unity was a huge challenge with high potential to fail/not deliver for many. :)

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Just because engine wasn't changed, doesn't mean things weren't rewritten significantly.

Sushiglutton
11-11-2014, 08:04 PM
I'm not starting to think about the things that happened on NeoGAF like 2 hours ago again... Those pictures of glitched faces and crowds and everything... a nightmare but just hilarious.

Uou mean all the photoshops of this bug :D? Those were hilarious and I honestly don't mind that kind of bug in an OW game. They are part of the fun :):

http://i.imgur.com/huYDJC2.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/uoaxi7vy3/unity.jpg

LoyalACFan
11-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Welp, I'm thoroughly depressed. Not because I trust these reviews (I'm four hours into Unity and I'm loving every bit of it so far) but because Rogue is getting praised while Unity is getting trashed. I've played both games, and while Unity seems amazing, Rogue is almost literally a copy/paste job of AC4, with a less interesting hero. I was right all along. It's the first AC game that I actively dislike. And it's the mass favorite :nonchalance: This is like telling Ubi "hey, don't try to be innovative anymore, just feed us the same crap year after year and we'll keep eating it up!"

It's extremely frustrating to be an Assassin's Creed fan sometimes. At least now I know how AC3 fans felt when the game they liked got thrashed.

ShoryukenMan
11-11-2014, 08:28 PM
This is seriously disappointing...

I mean... I knew I wasn't going to like this game as much as previous titles because of lack of a Modern Day storyline, things being locked behind the companion app, things being locked behind Initiates, and micro transactions to the max, but I didn't expect the game to be so poorly received.

Help me, Rogue. You're my only hope.

Anyways, I'm sure I'll still get SOME enjoyment out of it. I won't be buying either title at full price. I usually don't buy used, but since so much is locked behind online stuff, and I normally don't even bother with that kind of thing, then I might just pick up a used copy of Unity... We'll see what Black Friday has to offer.

Shahkulu101
11-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Welp, I'm thoroughly depressed. Not because I trust these reviews (I'm four hours into Unity and I'm loving every bit of it so far) but because Rogue is getting praised while Unity is getting trashed. I've played both games, and while Unity seems amazing, Rogue is almost literally a copy/paste job of AC4, with a less interesting hero. I was right all along. It's the first AC game that I actively dislike. And it's the mass favorite :nonchalance: This is like telling Ubi "hey, don't try to be innovative anymore, just feed us the same crap year after year and we'll keep eating it up!"

It's extremely frustrating to be an Assassin's Creed fan sometimes. At least now I know how AC3 fans felt when the game they liked got thrashed.
Just because Unity is more innovative, doesn't mean it's the better game.

If the game is new, but crap - crap game,

If the the game is familiar but fun - fun game.

That said I haven't played either yet, but if people enjoy Rogue more they're entitled to say so. Not their fault they don't enjoy Unity...

Will_Lucky
11-11-2014, 08:32 PM

Well when previews/reviews started to come out stating something wasn't quite right about the game it couldn't really be compared to its E3 outing yes some of us got concerned. My expectations with each passing day just got worse and it got further away from that E3 reveal.

Well,i assume you haven't played the game,so you cannot just call the game a bad one,as i cannot call it a great one too.

Well, its a good thing reviews exist to tell give me a broad view of whether or not a game is worthwhile. Unity is a used pickup for me so far.

marvelfannumber
11-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Mayrice was totally right all this time guys, we should have known.

LoyalACFan
11-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Just because Unity is more innovative, doesn't mean it's the better game.

If the game is new, but crap - crap game,

If the the game is familiar but fun - fun game.

That said I haven't played either yet, but if people enjoy Rogue more they're entitled to say so. Not their fault they don't enjoy Unity...

But it isn't a crap game. Story is always subjective and I'm not that far in so I can't really comment on that front, but mechanically, it's leaps and bounds ahead of any of its predecessors. AC4 was a great game, sure, but it had issues, most notably the dull, simplistic combat. Rogue fixed NONE of them. Familiar but fun, sure, that's a thing, but when a game has objective, glaring flaws, its sequel should fix them. Rogue doesn't even try. It's AC4 with snow and a protagonist I can't force myself to like. No thank you.

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Rogue has got very few reviews in comparsion to Unity, though. Just you wait for it, and Rogue's going to get its share of negativity as well. ACU is just a more high-profile target.

Plus if metacritic means something to you, ACU is 81 for PS4 and 76 for XONE, so it's getting high up in terms of scores.

Megas_Doux
11-11-2014, 08:51 PM

I agree with you, 59580830 times!!!!!

Though I have not played the game myself, my brother who I trust with my eyes closed says the game is REALLY cool, a true "assassin" sequel.....Because despite the fact he had a hell of a time with AC IV, he welcomes a huge urban environment back, stealth mechanics and the customization.

SteelCity999
11-11-2014, 09:03 PM
While it's no excuse, I think Unity is getting dinged for ALOT of its technical issues. I would really hope that Rogue is pretty free of glitches since the platforms are old and Ubi has had how many games to figure it out? Hence some of the disparity in scores. I think it is quite shady that Ubi had the embargo go so late but they evidently knew there were issues. I think IGN reviewed on XboxOne and wasn't sent PS4 and PC code until today. The day one patch for PS4 was huge - almost 1 GB. The biggest problem so far for me has been pop-in with NPCs, both in form and in details to a higher extent. Framerate hasn't been much of an issue like so many have mentioned. Arno does likes to go wherever he pleases though which is pretty annoying - although maybe it is just getting used to the new architecture and style of the city.

GH0STSoldier00
11-11-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm getting the game on the 27th. Hopefully some of the major glitches that so many are moaning about are fixed.

ze_topazio
11-11-2014, 09:31 PM
But it isn't a crap game. Story is always subjective and I'm not that far in so I can't really comment on that front, but mechanically, it's leaps and bounds ahead of any of its predecessors. AC4 was a great game, sure, but it had issues, most notably the dull, simplistic combat. Rogue fixed NONE of them. Familiar but fun, sure, that's a thing, but when a game has objective, glaring flaws, its sequel should fix them. Rogue doesn't even try. It's AC4 with snow and a protagonist I can't force myself to like. No thank you.

That's what most reviewers are saying of Unity, the usual problems have once again not been fixed.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-11-2014, 09:35 PM
I thought they didn't send out any review copies? At least, that's what IGN is claiming.

I requested one with no luck too

LoyalACFan
11-11-2014, 09:44 PM
That's what most reviewers are saying of Unity, the usual problems have once again not been fixed.

I disagree with that. Granted, I haven't done much free-roaming, but I haven't had a single major issue with any of the core mechanics. Cover is a little sticky for my liking, but you really only need it in very specific situations anyway.

SlyTrooper
11-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Mayrice was totally right all this time guys, we should have known.

Mayrice is AC incarnate.

iambladers
11-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Dat next gen frame rate we always wanted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clQfCP3NFuc#t=12

SixKeys
11-11-2014, 10:51 PM

Unity getting such low (or should I say average) scores was a surprise, but I'm not surprised in the least that Rogue is currently the press favorite. I truly and honestly expected it, considering it's a copy-paste of AC4 in almost every way imaginable, and as we all know, the press loved AC4. Which is fine, I liked AC4 a lot too, but even though opinions are subjective, I'm disappointed because I feel the press likes AC4 and Rogue for the "wrong" reasons. Every Unity review I've read so far is basically lamenting the fact that the game has gone back to its stealth and urban parkour roots instead of being all about ship battles and pirates and sea shanties. They all sound like they want AC to be more action-oriented and that it's somehow a failure when ACU takes things back into stealth territory again and doesn't just let you kill everything in sight with cannons. That IS depressing.

I don't want AC to become any more action-oriented. That's not why I fell in love with the series. If I wanted to play a game where I can go nuts and cause mayhem, I would play GTA or Skyrim. The AC I fell in love with was closer at heart to strategy games than action. It required patience, keen observation and improvising as the situation changed. Reading reviews that praise AC4 and Rogue for basically doing away with all that makes me feel like they don't actually understand the series. It's like reviewing XCom and complaining that there's too much strategy involved. IT'S A STRATEGY GAME, YOU TOOLS!! Complaining that ACU is a "downgrade" because it has more stealth than AC4 and Rogue is similarly absurd.

I've been avoiding the forums because of spoilers, but I had to come here because I feel like this is the only place I can trust the reviews, as they're coming from fans who actually understand and respect the series' roots. If someone here says the stealth in ACU is crap, it carries a lot more weight than if someone at IGN or Kotaku says the same, because they probably mean different things. When fans say "stealth is crap", they mean it needs improvement. When Kotaku says it, it means "get rid of stealth entirely, it's boring".

I-Like-Pie45
11-11-2014, 10:52 PM
SixKeys I demand pics of you reviewing Assassin's Creed Unity and Rogue

kach72
11-11-2014, 10:55 PM
I originally pre-ordered this game and had been super excited to play it.
Sadly after seeing the horrible state of the micro transactions in the game I decided on returning it, not sure what I expected after all the comments Ubisoft had been making.

It's such a shame to see this sort of practice become accepted by Ubisoft.
For me all I can do is look at the possible transactions and wonder if they built an already $60 game around the idea of encouraging players to spend even more money on temporary junk. I really feel for the developers and those who put a lot of time into the product (or any product for that matter). Only to have there work tarnished by such a practice...

rrebe
11-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Unity getting such low (or should I say average) scores was a surprise, but I'm not surprised in the least that Rogue is currently the press favorite. I truly and honestly expected it, considering it's a copy-paste of AC4 in almost every way imaginable, and as we all know, the press loved AC4. Which is fine, I liked AC4 a lot too, but even though opinions are subjective, I'm disappointed because I feel the press likes AC4 and Rogue for the "wrong" reasons. Every Unity review I've read so far is basically lamenting the fact that the game has gone back to its stealth and urban parkour roots instead of being all about ship battles and pirates and sea shanties. They all sound like they want AC to be more action-oriented and that it's somehow a failure when ACU takes things back into stealth territory again and doesn't just let you kill everything in sight with cannons. That IS depressing.

I don't want AC to become any more action-oriented. That's not why I fell in love with the series. If I wanted to play a game where I can go nuts and cause mayhem, I would play GTA or Skyrim. The AC I fell in love with was closer at heart to strategy games than action. It required patience, keen observation and improvising as the situation changed. Reading reviews that praise AC4 and Rogue for basically doing away with all that makes me feel like they don't actually understand the series. It's like reviewing XCom and complaining that there's too much strategy involved. IT'S A STRATEGY GAME, YOU TOOLS!! Complaining that ACU is a "downgrade" because it has more stealth than AC4 and Rogue is similarly absurd.

I've been avoiding the forums because of spoilers, but I had to come here because I feel like this is the only place I can trust the reviews, as they're coming from fans who actually understand and respect the series' roots. If someone here says the stealth in ACU is crap, it carries a lot more weight than if someone at IGN or Kotaku says the same, because they probably mean different things. When fans say "stealth is crap", they mean it needs improvement. When Kotaku says it, it means "get rid of stealth entirely, it's boring".

I totally agree, couldn't have said it better myself!

LoyalACFan
11-11-2014, 11:04 PM

Can I hug you? :p

LoyalACFan
11-11-2014, 11:05 PM
I originally pre-ordered this game and had been super excited to play it.
Sadly after seeing the horrible state of the micro transactions in the game I decided on returning it, not sure what I expected after all the comments Ubisoft had been making.

It's such a shame to see this sort of practice become accepted by Ubisoft.
For me all I can do is look at the possible transactions and wonder if they built an already $60 game around the idea of encouraging players to spend even more money on temporary junk. I really feel for the developers and those who put a lot of time into the product (or any product for that matter). Only to have there work tarnished by such a practice...

At least it can all be accessed via play, right? As long as the microtransactions are only for people who don't have the time, or are too lazy to unlock new gear by playing.

Megas_Doux
11-11-2014, 11:10 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/bc/bcfea9aa8efe55ebc9f31b963f11423af45010d35140381976 dafc0a7eae243f.jpg

NAOOOOO!!!!!

EllJim
11-11-2014, 11:15 PM
not getting my pre order, whilst I could quite happily play the same AC type game (i.e. no issue with the copy paste style game play)it's the frame rate/ performance issues that have me going no! (or non! to be more accurate :)

I am sorry but I am not paying £60 to be the beta tester again, especially after watchdogs fiasco on PC earlier this year. (and BF4 last year) sorry but no. I will buy it pre owned and at a later date.

It's unforgivable to me that a game on console be released with this many issues. It's not like they have a variation of hardware to deal with.... It's just lazy & greedy.

dimbismp
11-11-2014, 11:31 PM
What i noticed is most reviews i read simply do not match with the score.I mean,ALL reviewers admit that all 3 core pillars are improved and that finally there are open ended assassinations.Everyone agrees that Paris is beautiful and that customisation is at least fun.
On the other hand,most seem to dislike the side missions.As for arno/the story,most aren't that impressed,but some liked it.And obviously there must be perfomance issues,although they are mostly ignored:confused:
Anyway,what i mean is that if i wrote a review like this,i would give a score of 8/10.Not 5,6,7/10!!!Jesus christ!!

Another matter i wanted to talk about is this:Just because ACU got a metascore of 76(or 81 anyway) doesn't mean it is the worst AC ever.The reviewers use different criteria with the next gen consoles.Plus,it may still turn out to be a fan favourite,as most reviewers prefer an ACIV kind of game.

Finally,what i really want to stress out is this:UBI SHOULDN'T CHANGE EVERYTHING AFTER TODAY'S BAD RESULTS!SURE THEY MUST IMPROVE THE PERFOMANCE,THEY MUST CREATE BETTER STORIES AND THEY MAY EVEN ADD THE MD BACK,BUT THEY SHOULDN'T ERASE ACU FROM THE MEMORIES,LIKE THEY DID WITH AC3.THE 3 CORE PILLARS CHANGES WERE A STEP TO THE RIGHT DIRECTION.AC IS A STEALTH GAME,NOT AN ACTION ONE!

kach72
11-11-2014, 11:33 PM
But then the question becomes did the developer intentionally make unlocks/the game harder in order to encourage players to purchase items or boosts with real money. Its a questions I hate to have to ask and require you to trust that the developer wants to provide the best experience possible for the initial cost or time commitment.

I understand what your saying though but for me I just don't want to support it.

LoyalACFan
11-11-2014, 11:39 PM
But then the question becomes did the developer intentionally make unlocks/the game harder in order to encourage players to purchase items or boosts with real money. Its a questions I hate to have to ask and require you to trust that the developer wants to provide the best experience possible for the initial cost or time commitment.

I understand what your saying though but for me I just don't want to support it.

I get what you're saying, but this stuff has been in AC MP ever since AC3. The only difference now is that there's no difference between MP and SP abilities/gear. And I don't think they've artificially inflated any prices just to encourage you to hack, have they? I mean, the money box has returned, so you can technically generate infinite income.

kach72
11-11-2014, 11:53 PM
You are most likely right but regardless its something that has come to bug me way more than it probably should.
Its just the micro transaction and free-to-play hooks that bother me though. I personally love DLC for games that I'm enjoying and will often go back if the new content remotely scratches the same itch.

Oh well, I can't do anything about it besides not financially supporting it. The only thing different this time is I wanted to post about it.

TheHumanTowel
11-11-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't believe reviews that don't validate my preconceived opinion.

#gamergate

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 12:16 AM
Sadly, I have to admit that I was really looking forward to this game. I thought this would change everything to how AC should have been. But after playing a few of these so-called "open-ended missions" I realized that Ubisoft has dropped the ball again. The sync. system is back, and even worse then before. the choppiness, and the server issues have really made me lose faith in Assassin's Creed.

It sucks, this was my favorite series, and now i'm honestly at the point of not really caring about video games anymore. Yea, Assassin's Creed somehow rubbed me in such a way that it left a bad taste of all games. And I think I need a break from the gaming industry for a few years. :(

STDlyMcStudpants
11-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Ign reviewer is an AC fanboy too.. so kinda believe the crap scores.
Its the AC1 of next gen. that means we will get AC2 next :D

LoyalACFan
11-12-2014, 12:54 AM
Ign reviewer is an AC fanboy too.. so kinda believe the crap scores.
Its the AC1 of next gen. that means we will get AC2 next :D

Marty Sliva? Hell no he's not a fanboy. And he said AC4's story was a lighthearted romp that really disappointed him... I mean, did I even play the same game as this guy? He's slammed the story yet again this year, so I don't trust that opinion whatsoever. The Gamespot review distressed me a little bit, but so far I have no gripes with Unity whatsoever, so I'm just riding it out. Let them say what they will.

Codarsnacht
11-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Maybe this is a stupid thing to say, but regarding the performance issues, in all of the videos I've watched online of Unity I've seen/heard of no choppiness. During all the walkthroughs etc that were posted before the actual release, the commentators - as much as I can remember - mentioned nothing about performance issues. Does this mean it's performing poorly on some systems? But that hardly makes sense?

harsab
11-12-2014, 12:58 AM
These reviewers said Black Flag was the best AC game yet when it literally felt like a game that had nothing to do with AC

So i will ignore these reviewers...how can you review a game over glitches & bugs that stuff means NOTHING to me.

It's to do with the story for me, the first civ stuff etc.

I can't wait to get my copy on friday and i just hope the story gives me the chills like revelations did.

Back to going dark.

Peace.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Marty Sliva? Hell no he's not a fanboy. And he said AC4's story was a lighthearted romp that really disappointed him... I mean, did I even play the same game as this guy? He's slammed the story yet again this year, so I don't trust that opinion whatsoever. The Gamespot review distressed me a little bit, but so far I have no gripes with Unity whatsoever, so I'm just riding it out. Let them say what they will.

Oh, I thought he was. He's the only one in ign besides Daemon that is ever excited for AC
I am surprised its getting scores in the 7s...
But TBH the AC4 story disappointed me too...
It didnt feel personal enough... even though without spoilers we know it was personal.. the delivery was awkward...
Who knows.. I'll be reviewing both games.
Rogue first though.
My scores are pretty in line with critics.. Except i Gave GTA IV a 6.5... :x
Who knows. :D This could be the perfect game for FANS..which is all that really matters.
We dont need the AC casuals to like it

LoyalACFan
11-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Maybe this is a stupid thing to say, but regarding the performance issues, in all of the videos I've watched online of Unity I've seen/heard of no choppiness. During all the walkthroughs etc that were posted before the actual release, the commentators - as much as I can remember - mentioned nothing about performance issues. Does this mean it's performing poorly on some systems? But that hardly makes sense?

As with any hyped game, it's mostly just butthurt whiners calling occasional framerate drops "ZOMFG its unplayablez"

ze_topazio
11-12-2014, 01:07 AM
I don't think you people are being fair with reviewers (and random fans), most of them praise the attempt to improve the stealth but also criticize the fact that said improvement is not that big and doesn't really work that well and they praise the assassination missions and the many ways we can execute them, criticism goes to the traditionally bad tailing missions and other not so exciting missions, not really that great side content, and the same problems that keep pilling up with each new installment that are never improved which includes the guards and their terrible AI for example, not to mention the story that apparently hardly anyone found interesting.

I think when most of them mention AC4 they are talking about how surprisingly good that game turned out, I don't think they want all ACs to be pirate games from now on, while Unity is a return to the same good old disappointment, the same unpolished game as usual, the same focus on missions that ask us to be stealthy with mediocre stealth mechanics, the same terrible missions as always, the same stupid AI, etc..., so I don't think is fair saying they don't like the game because they only care about action and explosions unlike we REAL fan, when most of them praise the focus on stealth and the things they criticize are the same things we here criticize all the time, the 7s and 8s are the scores we here more than once have said we would give the games if we were reviewers, honestly I think reviewers have been extremely generous until now, but in the same way that last year's COD Ghosts received lower scores than usual, I think Unity is having his "Ghosts" moment, even reviewers are getting tired of more of the same every year, yeah it's still good but is in need of some hardcore revolution and not just some superficial improvements.

And criticizing the quality of the side content is definitely valid because this series is a open world/sandbox game, Hitman is only about assassinations, AC have never been exclusively about that, so criticizing the side content and taking that in consideration for the final score is definitely valid and important.

And than this game have all the things that are wrong with modern gaming, AAA expensive games released unpolished and full of bugs, micro-transactions to the extreme, lots of dlc, more pre-order bonus than I can count.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-12-2014, 01:12 AM
Yeah kinda annoyed me that people were crying about 'dated' animations.
Is there a better way to stab someone? lol

LoyalACFan
11-12-2014, 01:17 AM
I don't think you people are being fair with reviewers (and random fans), most of them praise the attempt to improve the stealth but also criticize the fact that said improvement is not that big and doesn't really work that well and they praise the assassination missions and the many ways we can execute them, criticism goes to the traditionally bad tailing missions and other not so exciting missions, not really that great side content, and the same problems that keep pilling up with each new installment that are never improved which includes the guards and their terrible AI for example, not to mention the story that apparently hardly anyone found interesting.

I think when most of them mention AC4 they are talking about how surprisingly good that game turned out, I don't think they want all ACs to be pirate games from now on, while Unity is a return to the same good old disappointment, the same unpolished game as usual, the same focus on missions that ask us to be stealthy with mediocre stealth mechanics, the same terrible missions as always, the same stupid AI, etc..., so I don't think is fair saying they don't like the game because they only care about action and explosions unlike we REAL fan, when most of them praise the focus on stealth and the things they criticize are the same things we here criticize all the time, the 7s and 8s are the scores we here more than once have said we would give the games if we were reviewers, honestly I think reviewers have been extremely generous until now, but in the same way that last year's COD Ghosts received lower scores than usual, I think Unity is having his "Ghosts" moment, even reviewers are getting tired of more of the same every year, yeah it's still good but is in need of some hardcore revolution and not just some superficial improvements.

And criticizing the quality of the side content is definitely valid because this series is a open world/sandbox game, Hitman is only about assassinations, AC have never been exclusively about that, so criticizing the side content and taking that in consideration for the final score is definitely valid and important.

And than this game have all the things that are wrong with modern gaming, AAA expensive games released unpolished and full of bugs, micro-transactions to the extreme, lots of dlc, more pre-order bonus than I can count.

Except I've played the game, and the stealth works fine. You just have to be fairly slow and methodical (not really even that much, it's still pretty basic stealth) but apparently that doesn't appeal to a lot of players who've grown accustomed to playing AC like an action game for the past few years.

Jarek23
11-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Found something interesting browing GAF. Take with a grain of salt for now but super super shady of ubisoft if true.

Assassin's Creed: Unity microtransactions were disabled and hidden in review versions (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931099)

STDlyMcStudpants
11-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Found something interesting browing GAF. Take with a grain of salt for now but super super shady of ubisoft if true.

Assassin's Creed: Unity microtransactions were disabled and hidden in review versions (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931099)

At the end of the day they are optional. But very shady indeed.
I can see why they did it.. Angry Joe is gonna rip this game apart hahah

D.I.D.
11-12-2014, 01:24 AM

The reviews I've seen aren't saying that at all. Many are pointing out that a major frustration is that the stealth itself is broken - that, inexplicably, Unity lacks the "corner" facility of Watch Dogs,which allows the player to crouch and stick to a surface of any object and remain crouched while going around a corner. They're upset because of the movement, where they feel like they're wrestling the controls to do something simple like climb in through a window. They're saying that the missions aren't well designed. They're finding that there's nothing to give you any kind of thrill about what you're doing, and I don't get the impression that this is for want of whizz-bang action scenes; I get the impression that they mean there's nothing pulling them forward through the missions, and we have seen that in this series before. It's not easy for me to say, "Oh, these reviewers obviously don't get it" when I remember AC:Revelations, or ACIII.

Obviously, there's a lot of crossover between staff and teams making these games, and many staff have a hand in all/most releases. However, somewhere in this rotation, there must be people whose roles are so intensive that they are dedicated to one "team", as it were. I'm worried that the AC workforce may have split into two halves, and that we'll only see a good game when we see the next gen game that key members of Black Flag's team are building, and that after that we'll get a lacklustre one from the other half.

I'm not going to cancel my order, and I'll still play this game, but I don't think I can get behind the idea that this really is the stealth game I've been hoping for, and that all these reviewers are wrong.

D.I.D.
11-12-2014, 01:34 AM
What i noticed is most reviews i read simply do not match with the score.I mean,ALL reviewers admit that all 3 core pillars are improved and that finally there are open ended assassinations.Everyone agrees that Paris is beautiful and that customisation is at least fun.
On the other hand,most seem to dislike the side missions.As for arno/the story,most aren't that impressed,but some liked it.And obviously there must be perfomance issues,although they are mostly ignored:confused:
Anyway,what i mean is that if i wrote a review like this,i would give a score of 8/10.Not 5,6,7/10!!!Jesus christ!!

Another matter i wanted to talk about is this:Just because ACU got a metascore of 76(or 81 anyway) doesn't mean it is the worst AC ever.The reviewers use different criteria with the next gen consoles.Plus,it may still turn out to be a fan favourite,as most reviewers prefer an ACIV kind of game.

Finally,what i really want to stress out is this:UBI SHOULDN'T CHANGE EVERYTHING AFTER TODAY'S BAD RESULTS!SURE THEY MUST IMPROVE THE PERFOMANCE,THEY MUST CREATE BETTER STORIES AND THEY MAY EVEN ADD THE MD BACK,BUT THEY SHOULDN'T ERASE ACU FROM THE MEMORIES,LIKE THEY DID WITH AC3.THE 3 CORE PILLARS CHANGES WERE A STEP TO THE RIGHT DIRECTION.AC IS A STEALTH GAME,NOT AN ACTION ONE!

What do you mean about "erasing ACIII from our memories?" They devoted more post-release DLC, and more development and promotional money to the DLC, than any other AC game, they made the Liberation spinoff with a Connor cameo appearance, they converted it to the main platforms as well. I hardly think they didn't give that chapter enough support or try to push it.

LoyalACFan
11-12-2014, 01:37 AM
What do you mean about "erasing ACIII from our memories?" They devoted more post-release DLC, and more development and promotional money to the DLC, than any other AC game, they made the Liberation spinoff with a Connor cameo appearance, they converted it to the main platforms as well. I hardly think they didn't give that chapter enough support or try to push it.

That was all in motion before release. Then it launched amid a sh*tstorm of complaints, and the entire marketing campaign of AC4 was "we've learned from the mistakes of the past..."

D.I.D.
11-12-2014, 01:44 AM
That was all in motion before release. Then it launched amid a sh*tstorm of complaints, and the entire marketing campaign of AC4 was "we've learned from the mistakes of the past..."

Sure, but they could have cancelled or curtailed any of those things, and they didn't. If people mean that Ubisoft didn't make a full Connor sequel, well, so what? No Altair sequel, no Edward sequel, and both of those were much better received. Arguably, the DLC 3-parter is that Connor sequel.

I don't remember them specifically saying ACIII was at fault. But if they did, good - it was barely okay, unless the story happened to strike a chord with you.

LoyalACFan
11-12-2014, 01:49 AM
Sure, but they could have cancelled or curtailed any of those things, and they didn't. If people mean that Ubisoft didn't make a full Connor sequel, well, so what? No Altair sequel, no Edward sequel, and both of those were much better received. Arguably, the DLC 3-parter is that Connor sequel.

I don't remember them specifically saying ACIII was at fault. But if they did, good - it was barely okay, unless the story happened to strike a chord with you.

No way. TOKW was already almost done by the time AC3's backlash came along; they weren't going to can it when they could easily release it and make more money, that would just be stupid.

And no, they never actually said AC3 was a dud (no way they'd admit that) but they were in pretty hardcore damage-control mode during AC4's entire marketing campaign. Everything they showed us of AC4 was like a direct counter to a criticism of AC3; how many times did they use the phrases "charismatic hero" and "strong stealth rules?" A lot.

SixKeys
11-12-2014, 01:51 AM

Those are not the kinds of complaints I've seen. Several reviews have complained about the parkour controls. This had me worried for a second, until I realized the reviewers were morons who apparently never learned how to control AC in the first place. They're saying stuff like: "Unity still has the problem where I sometimes accidentally leap to my death." Really?? Seven years of these games and you're still having this problem? I already learned how not to leap of fail in AC1, and that game had very precise controls. Yes, you can get stuck on scenery sometimes, but they're making it out like it happens all the time, when it's actually pretty rare. Every time I see a review talk about how AC's controls are too hard or that modern day sucks or how the story is zomg so convoluted!!1, I instantly feel like dismissing the rest. They want to dumb down the elements that drew me in in the first place. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

PedroAntonio2
11-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Hahaha, it's funny because it's Ubisoft.

Seriously, I trule hope they stop with this Companion App, Initiates and everything that is butchering the franchise, it's time to please the fans and not casual gamers who just want '' HUAHUA, PIRATES, ACTION! I HATE DESMOND, GODZIO''. I trule hope the next AC game comes in 2017...I think Unity's flop needed to happen, this way Ubi will think about the things that have ruined this franchise. I hope they reboot it and give back the Modern Day arc, with more importance.

SixKeys
11-12-2014, 02:02 AM
The reviews I've seen aren't saying that at all. Many are pointing out that a major frustration is that the stealth itself is broken - that, inexplicably, Unity lacks the "corner" facility of Watch Dogs,which allows the player to crouch and stick to a surface of any object and remain crouched while going around a corner. They're upset because of the movement, where they feel like they're wrestling the controls to do something simple like climb in through a window. They're saying that the missions aren't well designed. They're finding that there's nothing to give you any kind of thrill about what you're doing, and I don't get the impression that this is for want of whizz-bang action scenes; I get the impression that they mean there's nothing pulling them forward through the missions, and we have seen that in this series before. It's not easy for me to say, "Oh, these reviewers obviously don't get it" when I remember AC:Revelations, or ACIII.

Obviously, there's a lot of crossover between staff and teams making these games, and many staff have a hand in all/most releases. However, somewhere in this rotation, there must be people whose roles are so intensive that they are dedicated to one "team", as it were. I'm worried that the AC workforce may have split into two halves, and that we'll only see a good game when we see the next gen game that key members of Black Flag's team are building, and that after that we'll get a lacklustre one from the other half.

I'm not going to cancel my order, and I'll still play this game, but I don't think I can get behind the idea that this really is the stealth game I've been hoping for, and that all these reviewers are wrong.

I hated Watch Dogs' cover system, so I'll have to see if Unity does it better.

Stuff like problematic climbing through windows and bad mission design are valid complaints. I have seen some of those and that's the kind of stuff I want to know about. But most reviews' focus is on technical issues and framerates - granted, those are important too, but are easily fixed with a patch - and the comparisons to AC4. Kotaku's reviewer started his review by saying "ACU is my least favorite game since AC1". Which doesn't really tell me much about what I should expect from the game, considering AC1 is my favorite in the series. The reviewer just seemed to take it for granted that everyone hated AC1 and then failed to elaborate how exactly Unity was comparable to the first game in the series. To me that says that the reviewer and I apparently have entirely different expectations for an AC game.

D.I.D.
11-12-2014, 02:34 AM
I hated Watch Dogs' cover system, so I'll have to see if Unity does it better.

Stuff like problematic climbing through windows and bad mission design are valid complaints. I have seen some of those and that's the kind of stuff I want to know about. But most reviews' focus is on technical issues and framerates - granted, those are important too, but are easily fixed with a patch - and the comparisons to AC4. Kotaku's reviewer started his review by saying "ACU is my least favorite game since AC1". Which doesn't really tell me much about what I should expect from the game, considering AC1 is my favorite in the series. The reviewer just seemed to take it for granted that everyone hated AC1 and then failed to elaborate how exactly Unity was comparable to the first game in the series. To me that says that the reviewer and I apparently have entirely different expectations for an AC game.

That review is immense, though. There's a lot more to it than just that, and he goes into great detail about why he couldn't recommend this edition. He also explains that he's been a fan of the whole series so I don't think he was saying AC1 was awful so much as pointing out that this has been a series with ups and downs that has generally built on its predecessors, but this one disappoints him so much that he thinks it's the weakest of the bunch.

DavisP92
11-12-2014, 02:43 AM
At this point, Ubisoft makes better Assassin's Creed trailers then they do games

shobhit7777777
11-12-2014, 07:36 AM
I guess its a case of franchise fatigue, "too little, too late" and the fact that maybe the majority of AC players (critics included) don't really much care for the Assassin Sim experience. I recall reading somewhere how fun AC4 was and how ACU isn't.....where the pirate experience of just heading out into the ocean trumps the AC city based one....or something to that effect.

AC4 was indeed a lot of fun...but wasn't really an AC game. ACU on the other hand had all I wanted from the franchise...and its not been recieved well, which makes me think - what DO people play AC for? ACU has seen improvements in the core mechanics and yet its not had a stellar launch.

The negative experience may also have been re-enforced with the micro-transactions and other little niggling issues (controls) which can really ruin a player's perception of a game over time.

I myself have lost all enthusiasm for ACU, which is a shame. I hope hands-on with the game changes that.

The ONLY thing I'd be judging this game on would be how it delivers the "Blade in the crowd" gameplay....and whether the systemic stabbing sandbox (SSS!) stands up. If I can feel like I did in ACR....slinking through the crowd, observing a Templar den captain in a beautiful urban playground....I'll be content.

ArabianFrost
11-12-2014, 07:59 AM
I guess its a case of franchise fatigue, "too little, too late" and the fact that maybe the majority of AC players (critics included) don't really much care for the Assassin Sim experience. I recall reading somewhere how fun AC4 was and how ACU isn't.....where the pirate experience of just heading out into the ocean trumps the AC city based one....or something to that effect.

AC4 was indeed a lot of fun...but wasn't really an AC game. ACU on the other hand had all I wanted from the franchise...and its not been recieved well, which makes me think - what DO people play AC for? ACU has seen improvements in the core mechanics and yet its not had a stellar launch.

The negative experience may also have been re-enforced with the micro-transactions and other little niggling issues (controls) which can really ruin a player's perception of a game over time.

I myself have lost all enthusiasm for ACU, which is a shame. I hope hands-on with the game changes that.

The ONLY thing I'd be judging this game on would be how it delivers the "Blade in the crowd" gameplay....and whether the systemic stabbing sandbox (SSS!) stands up. If I can feel like I did in ACR....slinking through the crowd, observing a Templar den captain in a beautiful urban playground....I'll be content.

As long as people and reviewers still complain about tail missions and actually working to get your info, then I don't really think people actually want this to be an assassin simulator as much as they want it to be a hitman simulator. It's really horrible cause being an assassin is more than infiltration and assassination. Anyone who played AC1 knows that tail missions have always been important, so to me, people just want AC to be Like Hitman without guns, as opposed to the social stealth game we expect it to be. At this point, I'm not even sure Ubisoft has the least idea on how to please everyone. It seems everytime they try, they piss someone off. Just look what the hell happened with modern day...ughhh

All that being said, the criticism I see is mostly in aspects of the game I could not give two ****s about. Story is weak? lol wouldn't be the first time. Technical difficulties? Temporary setback. Control? lolwut.

The only thing I'm actually upset about are the side-missions. We rarely do expect the quality of ALL the side-missions to be great, but I had hopes most of them weren't going to be filler. Oh well, I'm only hearing good things about stealth and mission structure, so I'd probably would have really enjoyed my time with it.

Zafar1981
11-12-2014, 08:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwuza-VU_0c

In this video a guy from IGN playing the game for review. Just go to 34:00 minuets and watch how bad he is on gameplay. If peoples who don't know how to play assassin's creed are chosen to review the game then definately it would get low points. Just watch the video and please honestly give score to his game play. Thanks

DaveyNorton
11-12-2014, 08:29 AM
@shobhit7777777

AC has indeed changed a lot since, well, since as far as AC II. The games got more expansive with pretty much every installment and I assume it's just surprising, and to some no doubt disappointing, seeing the formula as scaled back as it is in Unity. And, as others mentioned, if not even the core gameplay works as it should, with wonky stealth and what not, it's no wonder the backlash is so strong.

I feel the problem with Unity is the same problem GTA faced with IV. That game too, decided to revamp its core gameplay instead of continuing the course set by San Andreas. And we all know how well received that was.

Also, people have made fun of AC being a mess of unconnected systems and unpolished features for years. They have made fun of AC IV "not being an AC game". But, ironically, the games being a mess of features and options were pretty much what made the series widely popular in the first place. AC II, the breakout hit game of the series, started this trend. Brotherhood, which is widely acclaimed in mainstream gaming community, added a ton new things on it and then some. AC IV, the "Pirate's-not-Assassin's Creed" game is probably the most praised title in the series since II.

Maybe, just maybe, people didn't want what AC was originally meant to be. Maybe they didn't want a historical assassination simulator. Maybe they liked an expansive historical adventures overloaded with options, side missions and features. Maybe they didn't want IV, but liked San Andreas. I don't really blame them for it. There hasn't been a "true" Assassin's Creed (whatever that was in the first place) for five years and six major releases.

X_xWolverinEx_X
11-12-2014, 08:29 AM
what to take away from this when darby and ash are on making an ac game you know its going to be good when alex is on well its not going to be that good

avk111
11-12-2014, 09:54 AM
To be honest,

I was expecting much higher revision for Assassins Creed Unity, aince its a suggested remake of the series. But like Kotaku said
" they played it safe" and now the series is going downhill , to be honest guys im going to stick to the most solid gaming titles we have known (Super Mario , LOZ, And major Nintendo games)

I think the way video games are being too commercially developing is disgusting there is more criticism while your playing than enjoyment.

I remember the good old days when a new console was announced and there was soo much excitment for the wait , now even new consoles dont offer exclusive titles or gameplay , tell me honestly dont you think ACU could have been on the PS3 ?

Where did the good old times go ?

As for the Assassins Creed franchise , I say remake AC3 and let it all end on the Desmond Arc as it should :P

ACfan443
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
My sides are in space
http://i.imgur.com/rQJfqiA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n379B6B.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/huYDJC2.jpg

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 02:22 PM
WUT? This better be patched soon.

Brostok
11-12-2014, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwuza-VU_0c

In this video a guy from IGN playing the game for review. Just go to 34:00 minuets and watch how bad he is on gameplay. If peoples who don't know how to play assassin's creed are chosen to review the game then definately it would get low points. Just watch the video and please honestly give score to his game play. Thanks

Oh god, he's bad, seriously.
His review doesn't matter, it's just HE is bad so the game is bad... COME ON !
This game is awesome.

shobhit7777777
11-12-2014, 02:50 PM
As long as people and reviewers still complain about tail missions and actually working to get your info, then I don't really think people actually want this to be an assassin simulator as much as they want it to be a hitman simulator. It's really horrible cause being an assassin is more than infiltration and assassination. Anyone who played AC1 knows that tail missions have always been important, so to me, people just want AC to be Like Hitman without guns, as opposed to the social stealth game we expect it to be. At this point, I'm not even sure Ubisoft has the least idea on how to please everyone. It seems everytime they try, they piss someone off. Just look what the hell happened with modern day...ughhh

All that being said, the criticism I see is mostly in aspects of the game I could not give two ****s about. Story is weak? lol wouldn't be the first time. Technical difficulties? Temporary setback. Control? lolwut.

The only thing I'm actually upset about are the side-missions. We rarely do expect the quality of ALL the side-missions to be great, but I had hopes most of them weren't going to be filler. Oh well, I'm only hearing good things about stealth and mission structure, so I'd probably would have really enjoyed my time with it.

Yeah, its strange....ACU, by all accounts, seems to be the one game in the franchise thats actually trying to re-invent the original concept and it hasn't been received well.

Tailing complaints can be valid - I feel in their current format they may put some people off. I do believe that Social stealth gameplay is an untapped goldmine. The devs need to invest in humanizing the NPCs instead of the more vanilla stealth additions.

Imagine AI which can demonstrate a wide range of human emotions and react accordingly to the player for an immersive and volatile game world....where NPCs actually matter.

@shobhit7777777

Maybe, just maybe, people didn't want what AC was originally meant to be. Maybe they didn't want a historical assassination simulator. Maybe they liked an expansive historical adventures overloaded with options, side missions and features. Maybe they didn't want IV, but liked San Andreas. I don't really blame them for it. There hasn't been a "true" Assassin's Creed (whatever that was in the first place) for five years and six major releases.

This is what I feel too. Maybe the Assassin sim isn't for everybody.

avk111
11-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Personally speaking, I have watched the walkthroughs only, and the experience isnt pleasant.

I have not yet finished the game by watching the walkthroughs but I really hope the ending is something mystic and audience grabbing.

As for IGN reviews, Im really shocked it fell off to 7.8 , I mean AC3 was 8.5 , then again this is when you learn that every experience is subjective, I just hope the way the modern story connects to the outline of the franchise is more focused, as somebody else posted , being you in different situations (First your a new Abstergo Employee, then your a consumer for the Helix) kind of puts of the whole thrilling experience , not to mention dont you think that in actuallity if the whole world knew that there was a race of beings before humanity that chaos will occur in today's human society ? its off putting when they mention it to you as a public helix user and they say it so casually like as if humanity in the present are ready to know that all thier social and cultural myths and legends are bogus.

I think this is where a modern story should focus.

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 03:03 PM
what to take away from this when darby and ash are on making an ac game you know its going to be good when alex is on well its not going to be that good
ACR was excelent though for an 10 month dev time game.

killzab
11-12-2014, 03:29 PM
ACR was excelent though for an 10 month dev time game.

Indeed, Amancio did a much better job with ACR than ACU apparently (given the resources he had)

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Indeed, Amancio did a much better job with ACR than ACU apparently (given the resources he had)
Indeed, although acr didn't had to inovate in anything really. I think that, if Amancio had 4-6 extra months for Unity the game would have been amazing and polished.

killzab
11-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Indeed, although acr didn't had to inovate in anything really. I think that, if Amancio had 4-6 extra months for Unity the game would have been amazing and polished.

It breaks my heart because I'm french and when I finally get a game set in Paris, it's not good :(

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 03:44 PM
It breaks my heart because I'm french and when I finally get a game set in Paris, it's not good :(
Did you play the game yet? The game itself doesn't seem to be bad actually, it's mostly performance problems.

killzab
11-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Did you play the game yet? The game itself doesn't seem to be bad actually, it's mostly performance problems.

No the game comes out tomorrow in France

lothario-da-be
11-12-2014, 04:02 PM
No the game comes out tomorrow in France
French stores seemed to be selling the game quite in advance. Also most people who preordered already got their game, expect if you pre-ordered from ubishop.

killzab
11-12-2014, 04:07 PM
French stores seemed to be selling the game quite in advance. Also most people who preordered already got their game, expect if you pre-ordered from ubishop.

Nope, Ubisoft've been kinda *******s with France this time around and threatened the stores to pay EXTREMELY HIGH fines if they released the game in advance, so this time it's been almost impossible to get the game early.

The only people who did got American copies, not actual french ones, god knows how !

AssassinHMS
11-12-2014, 04:12 PM
But like Kotaku said " they played it safe" and now the series is going downhill

Dumbest statement ever Kotaku.

Seriously though, itís exactly the opposite. Ubisoft has been proven time and time again that what the market wants is the same over-the-top mindless action game reskinned every year. For the FIRST time Ubisoft actually decided to give AC fansí brains some credit by making a game that is actually better than its predecessors and not just bigger or some best-of.
They COULD have played safe by delivering something similar to AC4 (a best-of) or to ACB/ACR (more of the same) but instead, for the first time, they focused on making the franchise BETTER. They actually worked on the core, they focused on mission designÖ They improved the formula.
They also released Rogue, a mere reskin of AC4 that does next to nothing to improve the core relying on action and explosions, on well-known pre-established characters and on the same old shallow gameplay instead.

Now tell me again, which game is the product of Ubisoft playing safe, the pioneer that tries to improve the franchise or the pile of re-used actors and assets that hides its shameful core with eye candy action and ships?

And what do reviewers praise?

Well, I wonít blame Ubisoft for whatever they do after Unity. If gamers want the same crap every year so that they can keep complaining and calling Ubisoft every name in the book while still buying their games, so be it, I guess AC fans donít deserve better (This really reminds me of politics).

And just for the record, Iím not saying AC Unity is perfect or that it doesnít have problems and that Rogue is a bad game. The point is that people value mindless action/eye candy more than they value a good and improved core to the point they donít even care if the games improve on anything other than graphics as long as the shallowness is there.
Itís disgusting.

Fatal-Feit
11-12-2014, 04:23 PM
AssassinHMS, I demand your full assessment/first impression of Unity on my thread!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/948059-I-m-convinced-all-of-these-Unity-reviews-were-made-by-incompetent-monkeys/page2

(please)

AssassinHMS
11-12-2014, 04:48 PM
AssassinHMS, I demand your full assessment/first impression of Unity on my thread!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/948059-I-m-convinced-all-of-these-Unity-reviews-were-made-by-incompetent-monkeys/page2

(please)

Iím afraid my assessments are based on watching playthroughs, reading reviews/commentaries and following AC Unityís marketing.
I havenít played the game myself and I donít know when Iíll actually buy it (since I barely have enough time to play videogames these days).
I can share my impressions/assessments regardless but I cannot base them on an actual first-hand experience.

TheHumanTowel
11-12-2014, 06:28 PM
I’m afraid my assessments are based on watching playthroughs, reading reviews/commentaries and following AC Unity’s marketing.
I haven’t played the game myself and I don’t know when I’ll actually buy it (since I barely have enough time to play videogames these days).
I can share my impressions/assessments regardless but I cannot base them on an actual first-hand experience.
Oh you watched a stream? Obviously you have much more insight than reviewers who've played the game for 30 hours.

SlyTrooper
11-12-2014, 06:37 PM

Seriously though, it’s exactly the opposite. Ubisoft has been proven time and time again that what the market wants is the same over-the-top mindless action game reskinned every year. For the FIRST time Ubisoft actually decided to give AC fans’ brains some credit by making a game that is actually better than its predecessors and not just bigger or some best-of.
They COULD have played safe by delivering something similar to AC4 (a best-of) or to ACB/ACR (more of the same) but instead, for the first time, they focused on making the franchise BETTER. They actually worked on the core, they focused on mission design… They improved the formula.
They also released Rogue, a mere reskin of AC4 that does next to nothing to improve the core relying on action and explosions, on well-known pre-established characters and on the same old shallow gameplay instead.

Now tell me again, which game is the product of Ubisoft playing safe, the pioneer that tries to improve the franchise or the pile of re-used actors and assets that hides its shameful core with eye candy action and ships?

Well, I won’t blame Ubisoft for whatever they do after Unity. If gamers want the same crap every year so that they can keep complaining and calling Ubisoft every name in the book while still buying their games, so be it, I guess AC fans don’t deserve better (This really reminds me of politics).

And just for the record, I’m not saying AC Unity is perfect or that it doesn’t have problems and that Rogue is a bad game. The point is that people value mindless action/eye candy more than they value a good and improved core to the point they don’t even care if the games improve on anything other than graphics as long as the shallowness is there.
It’s disgusting.

I agree with you completely. The AC franchise is the most innovative yearly franchise out there. Ubi know how to give each game a long dev time now, so that isn't the problem. The main issue is that people don't want change. They claim to want it, but reject it every time they are presented with it. This is completely obvious in the way people are complaining about technical problems (that can & will probably be fixed) & how they are complaining about the gameplay. To ask for change is pretty much to ask for a new IP based on similar concepts. Everybody accepts it when a new IP struggles like this, but when AC does it everybody hates on Ubi.

To all you community managers (& maybe even devs) on the forums, ignore what they are saying. Yes, the game isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean you can't continue to change things. People who actually want things to develop will accept your errors & enjoy the game for what it is rather than focusing on the failures. Anyone who says "that's how games should be reviewed" must think that games should be reviewed using a very black & white formula; failures & successes. This isn't right. To acknowledge change & support it is to create better games in the future. I have no doubt that the next AC will be polished & extremely fun.

Moose.Qc
11-12-2014, 08:17 PM
http://www.craveonline.ca/gaming/articles/787467-assassins-creed-unity-frame-rate-way-important-resolution

Now that's a real review...

danglez benderz
11-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Based on what i have seen in the reviews.. the major reason Unity is receiving such low sckres is the poor loading time and awful bugs.. if they can patch this im sure the game will receive better reviews, but it is an awful way to launch.. they should have just delayed the game a little.

KagenoTatsumaki
11-12-2014, 08:51 PM

Seriously though, it’s exactly the opposite. Ubisoft has been proven time and time again that what the market wants is the same over-the-top mindless action game reskinned every year. For the FIRST time Ubisoft actually decided to give AC fans’ brains some credit by making a game that is actually better than its predecessors and not just bigger or some best-of.
They COULD have played safe by delivering something similar to AC4 (a best-of) or to ACB/ACR (more of the same) but instead, for the first time, they focused on making the franchise BETTER. They actually worked on the core, they focused on mission design… They improved the formula.

Well, I won’t blame Ubisoft for whatever they do after Unity. If gamers want the same crap every year so that they can keep complaining and calling Ubisoft every name in the book while still buying their games, so be it, I guess AC fans don’t deserve better (This really reminds me of politics).

And just for the record, I’m not saying AC Unity is perfect or that it doesn’t have problems and that Rogue is a bad game. The point is that people value mindless action/eye candy more than they value a good and improved core to the point they don’t even care if the games improve on anything other than graphics as long as the shallowness is there.
It’s disgusting.

I’m afraid my assessments are based on watching playthroughs, reading reviews/commentaries and following AC Unity’s marketing.
I haven’t played the game myself and I don’t know when I’ll actually buy it (since I barely have enough time to play videogames these days).

BULL! You're telling me that you feel exactly the same way I do after 10+ hours of playing and yet you haven't played it yourself? No! Nuh uh! NOPE! I'm not buying that!

Lol! :p

Diluant
11-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Only a 7??? I expected rogue to get 7's and Unity 9's

To be fair, if you take the bugs away and look at story and gameplay only, Unity is pretty darn good for an AC game.

SlyTrooper
11-12-2014, 09:19 PM
I wonder what the game would have been like bug-wise if they hadn't delayed it?