PDA

View Full Version : Can I start over (not multiple saves)?

timpbader
11-11-2014, 05:25 PM
I just want to play from the start of the game again, is this possible without hacking folders and deleting files?

naumaan
11-11-2014, 05:36 PM
according to the forums .. for now there is none .. may be they apply some patch for it .. laters

timpbader
11-11-2014, 05:37 PM
thanks

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 05:47 PM
No, there's only one save slot. You can replay all sequences though.

GrungePunk
11-12-2014, 01:43 AM
Wow. I've been looking around the net forever trying to figure this out. That is absolute crap. How hard is it to offer the ability to overwrite an old game and start over. Good job Ubisoft. Last game I ever buy from you guys. I played the first portion of the game through lag and choppiness only to realize that you have to restart the game to lower the texture settings. Got the game to run smooth after the restart but now I can't start over? I have to go replay each mission one by one from my current point in the game? That's complete bull@%#! Why did I pay $65 bucks when they can't even be bothered to put a new game option in before launch. Screw them. No wonder so many people pirate their games.

I'm going to call their support number and ***** them out. This is unacceptable and I want a refund.

USAdystopia
11-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Have you looked in the savegames folder??

Cortexian
11-12-2014, 02:42 AM
There's only one save slot right now. If you want to start over you need to manually remove the save files.

This is easy to do. I figured it out myself while troubleshooting some bugs.

Disable Cloud Save Synchronization in uPlay.

Settings gear at top-right of uPlay menu.
Un-mark the "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" box.

Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames
There should be a single folder in this directory. Double-click / navigate into it.
The folder named "720" contains the files for Assassin's Creed: Unity.
Cut / Paste the entire 720 folder to your desktop.
Restart uPlay.
Launch the game.

You should now be able to start a new game. Your old savegame will be located in the 720 folder you cut to your desktop.

USAdystopia
11-12-2014, 02:50 AM
Mine shows: 1.save
2.save

Cortexian
11-12-2014, 03:09 AM
Correct. The contents are irrelevant though, if you just want to start over move the whole folder out to your desktop.