PDA

View Full Version : Are You Kidding?

sgt_brent
11-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Typical Ubisoft. Hyping up a game for a big release.... Then on that day, the game doesn't even start for some, awful framerates, random crashes. I mean, really?

This is NOT early-access you're involved with, Ubisoft. This should be a full, complete release - as you advertise.... Treat it like one! I don't understand how this can continue to happen with almost every new game you come out with. Splinter Cell Blacklist, Watch_Dogs, Far Cry - all contained release bugs that rendered the games unplayable for quite some time.

So what you hyped up as a ACU November 11th release, will now, for me, be a week later - or whenever you decide to put a patch out to allow me to play the game.

Did I mention I cannot even start ACU.exe? Crash. Every. Stupid. Time.

I have been a long time Ubisoft supporter, but this is getting to be too much for me. Ubisoft's reputation has been going downhill very fast, these last few years... This release is one more log on that fire, and it boggles my mind how you guys don't see that, or care to do anything about it.

Shame on you, Ubisoft.

Dawsontandy
11-11-2014, 05:14 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I have been a huge AC fan since the first one and have supported Ubisoft ever since then. As time goes on, the service gets worse and worse. They are starting to resemble EA, which is terrifying. Not only does the game not work, you have been trying to get me to buy the "Season pass" ever since I bought the game. Instead of pushing for Season Pass sales, you should push for a game that works at launch. If you know you need more time to work on the game, just say so. Also, the fact that they have yet to acknowledge the issues is even more mind-boggling. I paid $60 bucks for AC Unity to be released on November, 11th in full working condition. At least acknowledge that there are issues and that you are working on them.

ZaioFong
11-11-2014, 05:21 PM
How about you create servers with enough bandwidth to handle millions of concurrent users all downloading or loading the same thing at the same time with speeds of up to 100mbps?

@Dawson The game IS in full working condition. UPLAY is not sold with the game.

Dawsontandy
11-11-2014, 05:29 PM
The game IS in full working condition? You could have fooled me man, I can't even get to the start menu. Also, it's not my job to create a server that can handle millions of people. However, it is the job of Ubisoft, a huge company, to make sure that the product they are releasing works.

sgt_brent
11-11-2014, 05:34 PM
This isn't about ME creating a game. I am not a game developer... A company who has made their name doing just that? Different.

I know I sound like a real arse here. I want to clarify this is not a shot at the actual hard-working members of the teams... It's a message to Ubisoft as a company - stop releasing these early-access-like titles, and not supporting them for weeks after your big, important release.

I am neve rone to complain about things like this - I have been around these forums for many years.... I have seen many good things, and many bad things.... but recently, it has been a lot of bad things that are completely sucking away the love and faith I have for Ubisoft. it isn't fair to people.

I do understand the stress - blood sweat and tears that goes into releases like this, and having the game done - but Ubisoft is prone to RUSHING games out the door, which then leads to this. Stop doing that. Take your time. Make a good solid, and well polished game.

Imagine a world where the online support techs don't talk amongst themselves like, "tomorrow is going to be insane because ACU is being released".

Gah! Hashtag major-frustration

naumaan
11-11-2014, 05:35 PM
do you guys have a rig conveniently equal to the minimum specified system requirements ?

sgt_brent
11-11-2014, 05:38 PM
I am well over the minimum specs. That is definitely not my issue.

I have opened a ticket with UbiSupport.... Let's see how this goes.

jantherocker
11-11-2014, 05:50 PM
I am well over the minimum specs. That is definitely not my issue.

I have opened a ticket with UbiSupport.... Let's see how this goes.

whats your specs exactly?

also what settings(resolution,AA,Shadows) are you using?

if you have a Nvidia GPU have you installed the newest Drivers tailor made for AC:U?

have you installed game patch 1.1?

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 05:51 PM
It wouldn't be a AAA Ubisoft game if it didn't have day-one patches and day-one issues, bugs, broken and faulty content. That's just how they operate.

NomadSWE
11-11-2014, 06:03 PM
This is just great... my normal dls is between 50-100 Mb/s straight up from every other platform/torrent etc etc, now it's running 6.4Kb/s. Like what the actual F* are you up to?

Ran the first mission, lagging as hell with GTX 770 4Gb x2 with SLI, 8350 FX clocked to 4.8 Ghz and 16GB DDR4 RAM

I honestly see no lack of processing capability with any of my components yet this game is as running as smooth as the asphalt in eastern Ukraine

Simply a terrible job done by Ubisoft, as always releasing somewhere between 4-8 years ahead of schedule where no bugs are worked out and nothing is doing what it's supposed

to do. Horrifying that you are still accepted the slightest by any community nowadays.

Get your S* straight or Steam might just kick Uplay out

FecalMatter905
11-11-2014, 06:22 PM
I am pleased I have pirated this game, especially because it runs like garbage and Ubisoft are scumbags in general.

A shame really, I bought and loved every Assassins Creed game until revelations but until you start having a bit more respect for your customers and PC gamers especially then you won't be getting another penny from me.

Just a tip for you the next time you complain about piracy - if people like the company and the game then generally they will buy it. Nobody wants to support you, especially after recent events and who can blame them when you release buggy, optimized crap like this.

Tanyn
11-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Well, you *do* realize that you have just forfeited your UPlay account by admitting to piracy of their game ... on their forums ... right? ... gg.

ZaioFong
11-11-2014, 06:51 PM
I am pleased I have pirated this game, especially because it runs like garbage and Ubisoft are scumbags in general.

A shame really, I bought and loved every Assassins Creed game until revelations but until you start having a bit more respect for your customers and PC gamers especially then you won't be getting another penny from me.

Just a tip for you the next time you complain about piracy - if people like the company and the game then generally they will buy it. Nobody wants to support you, especially after recent events and who can blame them when you release buggy, optimized crap like this.

No one cares for the words of a pirate. However, I hope you'll find your pc end up being used for bitcoin mining or get crytowall'd in a couple weeks.

King_of_Ricers
11-11-2014, 07:01 PM
What did ya'll expect? When a game gets hyped like this they obviously won't have any money to put into actually delivering a solid game. Budget, duh, and Ubisoft spends it mainly on advertising by the looks of it. Shame...guess they only want to earn money from pre-ordering, I mean if you release a broken crap like this it ain't like this game has a long run on the market, gets a bad name.

andreycvetov
11-11-2014, 07:42 PM
I can't blame the dude for pirating the game . I have lost all respect for a company like Ubisoft .Look at CDProject RED .They are doing it the right way and I really love them .Even if they screw up W3 at launch I will still not bash them as I do Ubisoft ,because they actually give a damn about their community

sgt_brent
11-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I do not pirate, but I totally see the benefits of it. This is a perfect example. Paying actual money for something like this is insane... Yet we keep doing it.

It has taken me all day to sort of GPU driver issues, crash problems, resolution settings, etc. When I finally get everything going, this is what I get:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ivics4.jpg

This does not stop. Floating character, living hair, extreeeeeeme lag. Basically, this game is totally unplayable right now.

And my GPU is actually officially supported by Ubisoft right now. Figure that one out.

naumaan
11-11-2014, 11:05 PM
I am sure alex amancio would be way too much dropped into the pc update stuff

soccer06
11-11-2014, 11:21 PM
This is just great... my normal dls is between 50-100 Mb/s straight up from every other platform/torrent etc etc, now it's running 6.4Kb/s. Like what the actual F* are you up to?

Ran the first mission, lagging as hell with GTX 770 4Gb x2 with SLI, 8350 FX clocked to 4.8 Ghz and 16GB DDR4 RAM

I honestly see no lack of processing capability with any of my components yet this game is as running as smooth as the asphalt in eastern Ukraine

Simply a terrible job done by Ubisoft, as always releasing somewhere between 4-8 years ahead of schedule where no bugs are worked out and nothing is doing what it's supposed

to do. Horrifying that you are still accepted the slightest by any community nowadays.

I'm running on a GTX 770 2GB, FX 6100 and 8GB DDR3 RAM and everything is fine for me. Except sometimes I will get like one frame of lag every 5-10 seconds for no reason.

D_cover
11-11-2014, 11:24 PM
The buggy gameplay provides a more cinematic experience.... or, em? It is better okay.

naumaan
11-11-2014, 11:26 PM
The buggy gameplay provides a more cinematic experience.... or, em? It is better okay.

you there .... made my day :D

lordseymore
11-11-2014, 11:29 PM

Its funny because ACU and FC4 was acctually kicked off steam for a while a week ago due to Ubi-chan adding micro-transactions behind steams back. Why they are back in store is still unkown. (google it for sources)

Altair1789
11-11-2014, 11:38 PM

Saying that you pirated a game on the forums of the company you stole from generally isn't a great idea

puddingisgood
11-11-2014, 11:41 PM

I hope you are seeding. Taking forever to download. :D

Starting with Watch Dogs, I've been an Ubisoft pirate. Ubisoft has said before that piracy has made them give less of a crap about PC, but I'm pretty sure they have the cause and effect backwards there.

It's a shame, really. The artists, writers, and voice actors put so much work into these games. Beautiful design, attention to details and accuracy, decently crafted storylines, all ruined by under-qualified development leadership and poor decision-making. I wish there was a way I could disperse my money to the staff who were responsible for the hard work put into these games. It's not their fault. They worked under unrealistic timelines and out-of-context expectations passed down the corporate ladder. They can't bill a minute of their time to fixing a single issue without approval from the highest level. These games are sold at such low margins now that any actual product support is a poor financial decision rather than a given. The messages from on high are no longer "This needs to be fixed." Instead, it's "This should've been fixed" and "Fix this but don't spend time or money doing it."

Wraith_of_sands
11-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Saying that you pirated a game on the forums of the company you stole from generally isn't a great idea

the one who is stealing here are ubisoft-kiev

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289650/#app_reviews_hash

kthnxbye

NightmareGK13
11-12-2014, 12:23 AM
dear lord the reviews on Steam, mostly negative... good god almighty
serves you right ubisoft

Alurous
11-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Agreed, I keep having random crashes, I thought it was just me. I really expected more out of this, I am trying to go on co-op but I cant do anything while the game finds people to play.