PDA

View Full Version : The game turns off my computer when going into the Start menu

Checkm8.
11-11-2014, 05:00 PM
anyone else have the problem I start it up through Steam and I started up in Uplay whenever the game starts it gos past the Ubisoft screen gos in the title screen but the game just shuts off shuting down my pc as well i have updating my drivers to the new ones for 780ti still same thing

ryan8374
11-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Generally, this type of problem is either the power supply or a heat issue with the processor. Got any other system-intensive game to test with?

Checkm8.
11-11-2014, 05:21 PM
I just tested Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Far Cry 3 itself on max settings no shut down

ryan8374
11-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I just tested Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Far Cry 3 itself on max settings no shut down

Bummer. Aside from file verification, I don't know what else it could be.

NightmareGK13
11-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Bummer. Aside from file verification, I don't know what else it could be.

may sound dumb, try running as admin? If there is a file in the game folder try lowering the resolution and some effects, good luck man, I hope I don't struggle with it, even though everywhere says I can run it still a bit worried,

Checkm8.
11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
I've tried uninstalling the drivers I have tried turning off the power I put a new power supply in I tried different games and it still shuts down there is no option to play as admin from the exe and I verify that all the files from steam right now I'm pissedhave to say this may be the first and last game I buy legit from Ubisoft I've heard the stories but I did not think it was that bad a Ubisoft rep needs to come in here and tell me why a pirate's having a better experience the game then I am

NightmareGK13
11-11-2014, 07:04 PM
If the same thing happens you can expect the same from me

jeffies04
11-11-2014, 08:06 PM
In my experience, this is almost always hardware related. Can you give us a rundown of your hardware? PSU and all? Also, do you get any sort of BIOS message when the system starts back up?

Checkm8.
11-11-2014, 09:38 PM
my specs are
gigabyte 78lmt-usb3
Amd fx-8320 not oc
Windows 7 home 64 bit
780ti oc out of box
8 gb of ram
900w silver standard SLI

wichking
11-11-2014, 10:08 PM
i had a similar problem recently. it showed me it was my powersupply unit. BUt after some tests(changed PSu, rams, GPU) the problemw as the GPU. Sometimes the vram is broken so it fcks up on demanding games. Also a problem can be that your GPU drains mroe power then stated. Sure 900W should be enough but you never know. my problemw as my GPU took to much Watt out of nowhere and i have 750W

AntiChrist7
11-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Its almost certainly a power supply or heat issue, ive had it as well with other games.

NightmareGK13
11-11-2014, 10:25 PM
I suspect this may happen to me, on ocassions my PC just randomly wont start or shut down out of nowhere, it happens rarely, but when it does it does for a day or two. Then back to normal.
Let's hope this isn't the case since I manage to run CPU demanding games without issues.

Checkm8.
11-11-2014, 10:53 PM
but I can play Crysis 3 on max / Ultra with little to no problems at 60 frames per second and that's way more physical demanding than this game

Ave07
11-11-2014, 11:49 PM
Im having the same problem as well.

Checkm8.
11-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Im having the same problem as well.

praise Jesus I'm not alone here okay what is your system specs and describe what happens

Checkm8.
11-12-2014, 01:36 AM
I refuse to believe it's just two of us with this issue come on no one else

DuBSteP-RiiZE
11-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Same :L

I'm running a GTX 970
i5 3570
8GB of RAM
700w power supply

I was playing the game fine for the 1st day then on the second when I came home from school it shut down before I got into the pause menu and has kept doing it sense.

carlossdt
11-16-2014, 12:33 AM
Same here:
FX-8320
8GB RAM
FSP 650w silver psu
Asus R9 280x
It's the only game that happens that :(

dbgager
11-16-2014, 12:56 AM
The game seriously cannot shut down your computer..only the OS or bios can do that. If your computer is actually turning itself off. That is a protection mechanism. You have either an overheating issue which cause the bios to turn off the computer..Or a PS problem which also cause the bios to turn off the computer. You are not getting a BSOD ..right. The computer just shuts itself off. Run a temperature monitoring utility to find out your temps.

DuBSteP-RiiZE
11-16-2014, 05:34 PM
The game seriously cannot shut down your computer..only the OS or bios can do that. If your computer is actually turning itself off. That is a protection mechanism. You have either an overheating issue which cause the bios to turn off the computer..Or a PS problem which also cause the bios to turn off the computer. You are not getting a BSOD ..right. The computer just shuts itself off. Run a temperature monitoring utility to find out your temps.

I'd do it straight after turning on my computer and it would happen. The GPU would be very cool

DuBSteP-RiiZE
11-16-2014, 09:38 PM
OK so I have found the solution to my problem.

After testing this on another game (Farming Simulator 2015) I found that it is my power supply that's to fault.

I didn't think it would be this because the problem only started with Unity. But after 30 minutes on FS15 my computer shut down and the power supply smelt like it was burning, it was sizzling and was hot so maybe you should test on different games for a while to see if that's the issue.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the solution to your problem :P

lzh245437
11-18-2014, 08:09 AM
I refuse to believe it's just two of us with this issue come on no one elseI have same problem too! unity and Far cry 4 all turn off my computer !

manekent
11-18-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm having the same problem.
Bought the new GTX 970 from MSI and chose AC Unity for the free game.
It worked with my old graphic card. But with the new one the pc shuts down and reboots everytime the menu should pop up.

I bought a new PSU and will see if that fixes the problem.

While my PSU should have enough wattage overall in theory, the problem is the 12V rail (I think). That's where all the important parts draw their power from.
I believe the amperage isn't high enough to support my new graphics card.

I also read somewhere that it could be the way that AC Unity burdens the computer that's causing this only to happen with Unity (for me it happens with no other game).
But thats pure speculation.

EDIT: My new PSU arrived (EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2). Everything works fine now.

SpiderExarch
02-01-2016, 12:46 AM
Specs:

AMD FX 8530 8 core
Corsair RM1000X 1000W
Corsair Dominator 16 GB
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970

I managed to make it in game, but no more than a couple of minutes before my entire computer shuts down. Didn't get BSOD or any message prompts when powering the machine back on. No error messages or anything either.

I've used MSI afterburner to monitor my temps and increase fan speeds, but it still shut down on me after doing so. Not sure what else it could be. :(

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Hi SpiderExarch and welcome to the forums, please could you open a ticket with our Support Team https://support.ubi.com including a DxDiag report and MS info, so they can take a look at this for you.

Please ensure you have the latest drivers.

Thanks

YazX_
02-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Specs:

AMD FX 8530 8 core
Corsair RM1000X 1000W
Corsair Dominator 16 GB
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970

I managed to make it in game, but no more than a couple of minutes before my entire computer shuts down. Didn't get BSOD or any message prompts when powering the machine back on. No error messages or anything either.

I've used MSI afterburner to monitor my temps and increase fan speeds, but it still shut down on me after doing so. Not sure what else it could be. :(

have you checked event viewer to see if there are any errors? but if computer shuts down especially when there is a high demand on power then most probably its PSU issue. but there are other causes like viruses, corrupted Bios,....

GMPB
10-01-2016, 01:24 PM
ah..... it happened same to me....!! no need to worry....!! i found a possible way and it works....!! :-) all u have to do is.... go to the game laucher icon... right click on that.... go to the propopertie... select the option (compatibility)..... now u can see a option that ( Run in 640*480 screen resolution ) turn it on....click apply... then ok..... thats it ;) ;) now play your game it wont turns off...;)

NOToffplay
04-25-2018, 01:27 AM
I'm having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Every other game I throw at it works perfectly but it always shuts down my computer when I get to the menu screen. I figured out that its a graphics card issue but I can't figure out exactly whats happening. I used a super old AMD 6970 to test and see if it would run and it did but of course it was unplayable because of the terrible graphics card. I want to play this game with my EVDA GTX 1080Ti!! Please someone help us find a fix!!