PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm just another number.

Kreeztoff
11-11-2014, 04:10 PM
I know that you don't care what one person has to say. I know you have millions of fans across the world, and as long as enough of them keep pre-ordering your games and buying your DLC and microtransactions you will never have a reason to change the way you do business. I just want you to know, however, that you've lost me. I'm not saying I'll never buy another game of yours in some type of boycott, that's unreasonable, but what I am saying is that I will not be pre-ordering or purchasing on day one any of your products for the foreseeable future. You have lost my trust. I no longer believe that you are capable of delivering stable quality products.

Assassin's Creed Unity runs like a dog on PS4 and Xbox One, and from what I've heard PC isn't much better off. How is this possible? You know the game you're making. You know the hardware it's being released on. You know how that game performs when you release it. Are you truly comfortable saying this is the state you intend for your game to exist? Are you that concerned with bottom lines that you will allow a product, a 'flagship' product in your largest franchise, to hit shelves in such a state? Why do I even ask of course you are.

You should be ashamed.

killie_lad
11-11-2014, 04:20 PM
There are also basic bugs like missions not starting, chests not opening, npcs stuck in walls, ai randomly sheathing weapons mid fight as if you've escaped and many more. Really amateur stuff that you wouldn't accept from an indie game for christs sake.

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM
There are also basic bugs like missions not starting, chests not opening, npcs stuck in walls, ai randomly sheathing weapons mid fight as if you've escaped and many more. Really amateur stuff that you wouldn't accept from an indie game for christs sake.

You're looking at it from the other end than I would. The more complicated the game, the more likely it is to have bugs that need patching. It's the simpler indie game that I would expect to run more smoothly.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is incredibly buggy on PS4 too, but that's a mark of how insanely complex both of these games are.

Xenolithium
11-11-2014, 06:45 PM
You're looking at it from the other end than I would. The more complicated the game, the more likely it is to have bugs that need patching. It's the simpler indie game that I would expect to run more smoothly.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is incredibly buggy on PS4 too, but that's a mark of how insanely complex both of these games are.

From my understanding, it's not from a game code issue. It's from the recent PS4 2.0 update causing issues.

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 07:02 PM
From my understanding, it's not from a game code issue. It's from the recent PS4 2.0 update causing issues.

Maybe, maybe not. We might see an OS fix and still see issues beyond that. It's not only PS4 that has bugs, just that the PS4 edition is the worst affected. It's still playable, but requires the odd reset here and there. Plenty of people still love it.

I just mean that this is a strange assertion - that a hugely complicated game built by hundreds of people should somehow be bug-proof - when in fact it means bugs are more likely, harder to find, and harder to fix.