PDA

View Full Version : Companion App

jlesho09
11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty annoyed that Ubisoft opted to skip out on releasing the Companion App for Windows devices (phone/tablet). It wasn't a huge deal for Black Flag, but right now in Unity I'm standing in front of a chest that says I have to play missions in the Companion App in order to open it. So I'm going to miss out on parts of the game because I don't use iOS or Android? I paid the same amount of money for the game as everyone else, so shouldn't I be entitled to play it the same way? If you don't want to develop the app for Windows, that's fine--Windows users are used to be left out of these things--but don't make the app a requirement to complete tasks within the game. That's not fair.

PC Calixto
11-11-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty annoyed that Ubisoft opted to skip out on releasing the Companion App for Windows devices (phone/tablet). It wasn't a huge deal for Black Flag, but right now in Unity I'm standing in front of a chest that says I have to play missions in the Companion App in order to open it. So I'm going to miss out on parts of the game because I don't use iOS or Android? I paid the same amount of money for the game as everyone else, so shouldn't I be entitled to play it the same way? If you don't want to develop the app for Windows, that's fine--Windows users are used to be left out of these things--but don't make the app a requirement to complete tasks within the game. That's not fair.

Search for it on the store and you will find it on Windows phone. Installed here and is working great.

bitebug2003
11-11-2014, 04:01 PM
There are other threads regarding the AC Unity Companion App

like this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946410-Companion-App

To minimize clutter we ask you search the forums before creating a new thread as it's highly likely that your issue has already been highlighted

Thanks