PDA

View Full Version : Steam seems to be giving CD-Keys early, people that bought it there can play now.

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 01:30 PM
So, it seems that you can see your Uplay CD-Key if you bought the game on Steam, use said key in Uplay to unlock and play the game early (EU). Nice, if not for the fact that I choose to buy the game on Uplay directly, so I'll have to wait until the 13th...

strigoi1958
11-11-2014, 01:32 PM
that's a good find though... and nice of you to share. At least some will get a head start.

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 01:45 PM
that's a good find though... and nice of you to share. At least some will get a head start.
True... but I want a head start too, damnit! :P

Shahinsateei
11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
I've activated the game (bought it through steam) yet when I click on play in Uplay it says it will start up steam to play the game, when steam DO open the game a pop-up screen appears which tells me the game is encrypted. That's it. So I can't play it. Any way to go around this?

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 01:53 PM
I've activated the game (bought it through steam) yet when I click on play in Uplay it says it will start up steam to play the game, when steam DO open the game a pop-up screen appears which tells me the game is encrypted. That's it. So I can't play it. Any way to go around this?
Not without going into a grey area, but there's a recent thread on reddit that explains it.