PDA

View Full Version : Uplay downaload speed for Assassin's Creed Unity?

Shaftex
11-11-2014, 11:48 AM
What is everyones download speed for AC Unity on Uplay??

I was downloading at a speed of 1.8mB/s, but then at around 29% it dropped to about 6.8kB/s..... I tested out by trying to re-download other games and I get 1.8mB/s. So what the heck is up with AC: Unity??? I need it to download faster so I can play...

AceSeven
11-11-2014, 11:56 AM
I have the same problem,

I search on the forums and I have found other people with the same issue :
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946476-Download-speed [ENGLISH]
http://forums-fr.ubi.com/showthread.php/73300-Telechargement-sur-Uplay-trop-lent? [FRENCH]
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-30691-318127-1-0-1-0-pc-pretelechargement-uplay.htm [FRENCH]

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Also http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946793-download-drops-down-to-6-8-kb-s and a few others, but this is turning into a link-fest.

Good job not noticing all the other threads, there's like 3-4 on the Tech Support subforum. Disable your internet connection, let Uplay loose connection, then re-enable it. That should get the download up to full speed again. It seems to be doing this roughly every 2 hours.

Shaftex
11-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Also http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946793-download-drops-down-to-6-8-kb-s and a few others, but this is turning into a link-fest.

Good job not noticing all the other threads, there's like 3-4 on the Tech Support subforum. Disable your internet connection, let Uplay loose connection, then re-enable it. That should get the download up to full speed again. It seems to be doing this roughly every 2 hours.

Thanks for the reply, I haven't noticed the other threads because I'm a bit busy & it only took a minute to write my thread. I restarted my PC, then booted up Uplay & restarted the download. It's fine now, though if it happens again then it's safe to assume that it's pretty random & not my end since you said other users experience the same issue.

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the reply, I haven't noticed the other threads because I'm a bit busy & it only took a minute to write my thread. I restarted my PC, then booted up Uplay & restarted the download. It's fine now, though if it happens again then it's safe to assume that it's pretty random & not my end since you said other users experience the same issue.
Np. Not sure why it's doing it, I also figured it had to be a problem on my end, until I saw others post about it. Ubisoft has been silent about it, no explanation why it just slows to a crawl. Check the download once in a while, it might slow down again like mine did, and it was always after roughly 2 hours... again, for no obvious reason.

Shaftex
11-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Np. Not sure why it's doing it, I also figured it had to be a problem on my end, until I saw others post about it. Ubisoft has been silent about it, no explanation why it just slows to a crawl. Check the download once in a while, it might slow down again like mine did, and it was always after roughly 2 hours... again, for no obvious reason.

Possibly because Ubi servers might be a bit packed atm? Unity just released 4 hours ago so yeah.

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Possibly because Ubi servers might be a bit packed atm? Unity just released 4 hours ago so yeah.
Unlikely, it's been like this for days, for me at least. Both when I downloaded Black Flag last week, and when I started preloading Unity yesterday.

DELTA Kristian
11-11-2014, 01:51 PM
220 kb/s lol
gonna play tomorrow I guess.

professionalm
11-11-2014, 02:26 PM
i have the same issue after 2 houres the download drop from 1mb/s to 4.5kb/s

http://im85.gulfup.com/H98cyY.png

ForeveR7887
11-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Same problem. Got stuck in the middle of the night. I would be playing right now if this was on Steam. :mad:

Ndspd
11-11-2014, 03:18 PM
I'm still at 2mb/s and chugging away at 24% downloaded and it's saying it may take another 4.5 hours for the rest...yuck.

ryan8374
11-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Mine downloaded at 60Mb/s (7.5MB/s), the full speed of my service plan.

Bon3zz1001
11-11-2014, 03:42 PM
This program is a joke. Seriously it's unreal how you can even be okay with throttling people to 5kb/s. IF I BOUGHT THIS ON STEAM I WOULD ALREADY BE PLAYING UBI. You can't even offer a preload let alone let people download the game from your god awful program. Why does Uplay even need to exist? My connection isn't the best, caps out at 1.1mb/s downloads so I generally download games overnight and thanks to this garbage pathetic program I managed to download 5gb overnight to just come back to a 5kb/s throttled speed.

nojjon88
11-11-2014, 04:18 PM
stuck on 6.5kb, how crappy took the day off to play, how crappy is uplay

TheSpoonelite
11-11-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm no longer able to perform a pre-load of this game, is this a server issue or is it at my end???

Maxgro936
11-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Exactly the same issue for me, doing about 850 kB/s, then after about two hours it's down to 3kB/s. Disconnecting and reconnecting my connection helps however. And since Uplay downloads don't pause when you close Uplay, I guess I'm going to have to keep my computer on all damn night, out of which I will once again only get two hours of actual download time done unless I babysit the download through the whole night. How can there be this many issues with this? I guess being cheaper than steam is the only upside so far.

Violins77
11-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Same issue, downloading at 6kps. Seriously, I'm all for digital an encouraging Ubisoft (I'm from Montreal), but how could they not predict that servers will be busy? Come on...

EDIT : Rebooting my router worked (had to do it remotely lol).

Crypto_292
11-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Try running Uplay as administrator. Worked for me, also try setting a forced proxy. That speeded up the download as well.

ReidBoucher
11-11-2014, 07:22 PM
This garbage is exactly why I wanted to preload this game. Lesson learned I guess. Steam is a much better provider for this. After finally getting this download to the stage where I could play the first intro mission, it crashed my computer, causing the download to get screwed up (was at 40%). Now I have to start the download over again. Great.

Do yourself a favor, wait until the download is complete to play your game.

Absolute.LnT
11-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks for figuring this out. But like everyone has said Uplay has got some **** to fix. The only reason I pre-ordered through uPlay was because on Nov 6th, I couldn't find Unity on Steam.

Was stuck at 6.8kB but now chugging along at 600 kB but still nowhere near the speed I get via Steam or Origin. :mad:

Anonua
11-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Haha, see I'm irritated because I didn't even pre-order a digital copy. I ordered the disk version, and even after installing it was told that I needed to do 38GB Download! I bought the discs to AVOID having to do this because of issues in the past. I watched my speed over time drop clear down to a 6kb.....Reseting my computer's network connection brought it back to the steady, barely acceptable 1.4MB (thats being very generous, still think it's ridiculous)

Does anyone know if restarting the router itself (unplug-wait-plug method) increases the speed?

I mean all else fails, we can just go recreate the French Revolution at UbiHQ:p

Curious96
11-11-2014, 09:48 PM
The same happened to me. I was downloading at 1.3 gb/s and all the sudden it was cut in half. As of right now I am having troubles with getting onto uplay. I think that there is something wrong with uplay itself.

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 09:55 PM
The same happened to me. I was downloading at 1.3 gb/s and all the sudden it was cut in half. As of right now I am having troubles with getting onto uplay. I think that there is something wrong with uplay itself.
Uplay is indeed broken at the moment. They've taken most of the services down, for whatever reason. They can't be bothered telling us what's going on. But at least it's not like we need Uplay for anything at the moment, right?...

FCrimsonhand
11-11-2014, 10:18 PM
at last, I have managed to download it... I had to kill UPlay process several time (each time I saw the speed at 4ko/sec)

Just a note of hope if you encounter the same problem :
- at first the spped is fine and remain so for 30min-2 hours
- What is downloaded hasn't to be downloaded again ... true, the percentage starts each time at 0% , but the total amount remaining to download is lower and lower

ReidBoucher
11-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Uplay is indeed broken at the moment. They've taken most of the services down, for whatever reason. They can't be bothered telling us what's going on. But at least it's not like we need Uplay for anything at the moment, right?...

They've taken those services down probably because their servers are all overloaded with people trying to download the game. It absolutely floors me that video game companies don't rent out servers before a game launch to deal with just this problem. Or if they do are they renting enough? Pre-orders give them a huge head-start on the numbers of people they can expect, not quite sure why this is a problem (not just with Ubisoft, if you want to see another launch fiasco look up what happened with Archeage).

naumaan
11-11-2014, 10:47 PM
well whatever the issue here is ... i am having a persistent rate of 450kb/s to 490 kb/s .. and just 10 hours more .. and the whole game will be in my hand .. the only wait will be to 13th november .. from the looks of it .. i guess i am going to have a bad day

TheUNamericanMe
11-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Same problem. Got stuck in the middle of the night. I would be playing right now if this was on Steam. :mad:
exact same thing was downloading around 1.9 mbs. till about 21%...been downloading all day and only at 29% at 4.5kb/s wth is this crap.

Anykeyer
11-12-2014, 09:33 AM
The problem is most likely in your ISPs. Maybe they put some hidden restrictions in an attempt to preserve their network bandwidth.
Yesterday I downloaded a whole game at 10mbs. So Ubi's own CDN works fine.

Hypnotic82
11-12-2014, 07:06 PM
If your download speed goes down to extremely low figures, try disabling UPnP

I had been trying to download AC Unity over night but after about 2 hours worth of downloading it went down to 3-4kbs and never recovered until i restarted Uplay. After completely disabling UPnP I was able to leave the download running for 10 hours today without it dropping speed.

RdJ1
11-12-2014, 07:48 PM
This happened to me all a couple of times when pre-loading last monday. Just pause the download, completely shut down Uplay (so don't forget it's hiding in the system tray nowadays) and restart Uplay. Then start the download and it should be going full speed again.

MajorGap
11-13-2014, 07:39 AM
128 kb/s is not what i expected from a big release like this. i preordered this in order to download it when all others were not doing the same thing.but im on a 75/75 mb/s connection and it will NOT go above 128 klb/s

this is hillariously bad