PDA

View Full Version : Wow, not cool Ubisoft. (Embargo reviews.)

D_cover
11-11-2014, 11:26 AM
I'll say this first. I love Ubisoft's games but I alsmot despise how they operate outside of that. It seems the is only two things they can get right... Kind of. Making good games and showing off those good games.

But when you prevent reviews coming out before release it shows a lack of confidence in your product. It translates to me anyway that you think what you have made sucks us doesn't live up to what you hoped for.

Stop trying to fill the role of EA and try and be more like Valve.... But a Valve that actually developers and releases games.

As of late you have been stepping on a lot of consumers toes and it is never wise to bite the hand that feeds you because eventually it won't be worth the effort for us.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/where-are-igns-assassins-creed-unity-and-assassins-creed-rogue-reviews

AherasSTRG
11-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Newbie.

D_cover
11-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Newbie.

Then why is it that CoD a game so concerned about the environment it recycles its gameplay and still has reviews out before release?

While Ubisoft puts embargos in the way to prevent it. On both games may I add.

AherasSTRG
11-11-2014, 11:47 AM
At this moment, Ubisoft is the worst company in the gaming industry and has been like that for the past 2 years or so. You should have expected them to embargo reviews. Hence, I called you a noob.

D_cover
11-11-2014, 11:55 AM
At this moment, Ubisoft is the worst company in the gaming industry and has been like that for the past 2 years or so. You should have expected them to embargo reviews. Hence, I called you a noob.

I'm aware they've had their head stuck up their *** for the past couple of years. Doesn't mean we shouldn't point it out.

Things won't change unless you at least try to do something about it.

AherasSTRG
11-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Doesn't mean we shouldn't point it out.

I guess that makes sense. I 'm with you. They should have allowed websites like Gamespot, Gametrailers, IGN etc to give us their opinion on the game, before the release. Embargoing reviews is a cheap move.

Rekalty
11-11-2014, 12:08 PM
"be more like Valve.... But a Valve that actually developers and releases games."

So, be like Valve but don't be like Valve?...

D_cover
11-11-2014, 12:13 PM
"be more like Valve.... But a Valve that actually developers and releases games."

So, be like Valve but don't be like Valve?...

Put it this way when Valve are being tight liped it is because of something amazing. Not because they are trying to cover up something stupid they did.

mmac900
11-11-2014, 12:50 PM
The worst thing is, it is not needed as the reviews will be amazing. So I dont understand.