PDA

View Full Version : ACU Companion app will not connect to consoles. (namely PS4)

Sassaroth
11-11-2014, 10:38 AM
I downloaded and installed the android version.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.unity.companion

as stated in the read more section:
Note:
• The application requires an internet connection to function properly. connected CHECK!
• The application requires a Uplay account to synchronize with your game data. Logged in CHECK!
• Assassin's Creed® Unity Companion is compatible with PS4, Xbox One, and PC. PS4 = CHECK!

okay on ps4, in game, got my PS4 connected to uplay.
got my ps4 app on
got my device on same wifi network as ps4
got my device logged into uplay and ACU campanion app running.

ACU companion app: okay time to connect.............. Duuuuur me dumb, cannot find PC!

Me: um thats nice, don't look for a PC, look for my PS4.

ACU companion app:Duuuuur me dumb, cannot find PC!

Me: no.... I said PS4, where is the option on this app to find the PS4.

Me: NO GO* DA***T find the ****ING PS4

OH thats right. No option in the ACU companion app to connect to anything but a PC, Compatible, I guess .... yes. Connectable, no.

What am I doing wrong? IS this just me, or are other PS4 users not having the companion let it choose to find a PS4? There a hidden ninja setting I am missing?

KayBlaze01
11-11-2014, 11:51 AM
I was literally thinking the same thing... I haven't got my PS4 copy yet as I live in the UK (unless my copy magically appears early ;) ;) ), but I can't seem to find a setting to change the system from PC either! :mad::mad::mad:

SHADOWGARVIN
11-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Are there any ps4 players who have succesfully connected the app to their ps4?

Osmo250
11-11-2014, 03:03 PM
I have it connected to my ps4, but it's not unlocking Altier's uniform. It still says "play the companion app".

SenseHomunculus
11-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Are there any ps4 players who have succesfully connected the app to their ps4?

Yep, I've got it connected. It tracks my progress across the map screen in realtime.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Yep, I've got it connected. It tracks my progress across the map screen in realtime.

What did you do? Did you just connect it to your uplay account?

SenseHomunculus
11-11-2014, 04:28 PM
What did you do? Did you just connect it to your uplay account?

Logged into uplay on the app, started the game on my PS4 and logged into uplay there, and then in the app there's a option to connect to PS4.

D.I.D.
11-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Does anybody have a Windows Phone, and if so, can you get the Premium Version?

I'm in the UK, and when I click that button I get a Windows Store error telling me that the content I'm looking for cannot be found. I'm trying to figure out if the makers used a broken link for their Unlock button, or if the pay version just isn't available in my region yet.