PDA

View Full Version : [HEAVY SPOILERS] Chronology of Unity SP and co-op missions

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Beware, heavy spoilers for ACU main campaign. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled. You have been warned.

So, as we know, co-op missions are supposed to be Brotherhood missions that Arno completed with his fellow brothers. So... here's a question.

Arno gets expelled from the Brotherhood after Louis' execution in January 1793. He's then at the bottom of the barrel in Versailles until Elise shakes him up in June 1793, and he doesn't return to Paris until June 1794.

Yet there are brotherhood missions that are happening in November 1793, April 1794, May 1794... how the hell is Arno there to complete them? He's not part of the Brotherhood!

VestigialLlama4
11-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Beware, heavy spoilers for ACU main campaign. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled. You have been warned.

So, as we know, co-op missions are supposed to be Brotherhood missions that Arno completed with his fellow brothers. So... here's a question.

Arno gets expelled from the Brotherhood after Louis' execution in January 1793. He's then at the bottom of the barrel in Versailles until Elise shakes him up in June 1793, and he doesn't return to Paris until June 1794.

Yet there are brotherhood missions that are happening in November 1793, April 1794, May 1794... how the hell is Arno there to complete them? He's not part of the Brotherhood!

I wondered myself. The story has more holes than ac3. I am guessing as storytellers they wanted to put the Arno-Elise story upfront towards the end and didn't want people to bother about important stuff like Arno being forgiven by the brotherhood and the sheer nonsense of an assassin being besties with Napoleon.

My understanding is that after Elise meets him at Versailles he goes to the brotherhood and begs forgiveness and give him missions to get back in their goodbooks. After that u get the latouche incident and then the finale.

Farlander1991
11-11-2014, 02:30 PM
The story has more holes than ac3.

Nothing has more holes than AC3 :p I know your opinion of ACU story and so far I disagree but I don't want to have any arguments until I experience the story myself for a proper assessment (I don't want to have arguments based just on the story walkthrough plus a few other videos). That said...

important stuff like Arno being forgiven by the brotherhood

Arno being forgiven is not important for the main narrative.

sheer nonsense of an assassin being besties with Napoleon.

He's not really 'besties' at all. I do agree that I do not entirely understand the reasoning behind the very last scene, though.

My understanding is that after Elise meets him at Versailles he goes to the brotherhood and begs forgiveness and give him missions to get back in their goodbooks. After that u get the latouche incident and then the finale.

But LaTouche happens before he leaves Versailles, it's the 'there's one more thing I must do before I go' that he says. And nothing indicates that he ever asked or received forgiveness from Assassins. Arno is unfamiliar with situation in Paris when he gets back, which wouldn't be the case had he been on Brotherhood missions.

VestigialLlama4
11-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Nothing has more holes than AC3 :p I know your opinion of ACU story and so far I disagree but I don't want to have any arguments until I experience the story myself for a proper assessment (I don't want to have arguments based just on the story walkthrough plus a few other videos). That said...

Arno being forgiven is not important for the main narrative.

He's not really 'besties' at all. I do agree that I do not entirely understand the reasoning behind the very last scene, though.

But LaTouche happens before he leaves Versailles, it's the 'there's one more thing I must do before I go' that he says. And nothing indicates that he ever asked or received forgiveness from Assassins. Arno is unfamiliar with situation in Paris when he gets back, which wouldn't be the case had he been on Brotherhood missions.

Yeah you are right about that guy.

From what I'm seeing of the co-op missions here's how I work it out.

The Single Player Timeline is

- May 1789-July 14, 1789 and then Initiation.
- 1791-1792-1793 - Execution
- Arno getting drunk and acting like a Moron in the most pointless sequence in the game.
- 1793-1794 - Arno like Batman RISES and we hear chanting in the background after removing LaTouche and then returning to Paris.

- THE Co-OP missions take place in the months between that and June 1794. Or maybe Ubisoft actually made errors.

del170928075253
11-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Other question about Arno and the Brotherhood.

Arno gets expelled from the Brotherhood when he is only an Assassin's soldier. If he's not a Brotherhood's member at the end of the game, why the player receive the "Master Assassin outfit" of Arno ?
It has no sense ...

Other thing :
In the final video, Arno has automatically the "Master Assassin outfit", it's not the player who decide to use it... So for me, Arno is reinstated into the Brotherhood but it's not explain.

VestigialLlama4
11-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Other question about Arno and the Brotherhood.

Arno gets expelled from the Brotherhood when he is only an Assassin's soldier. If he's not a Brotherhood's member at the end of the game, why the player receive the "Master Assassin outfit" of Arno ?
It has no sense ...

Other thing :
In the final video, Arno has automatically the "Master Assassin outfit", it's not the player who decide to use it... So for me, Arno is reinstated into the Brotherhood but it's not explain.

At that point the Romance takes precedence, so the Brotherhood stuff is just written off. Maybe the off-screen explanation is that the Templars guillotined the entire Assassin Council during the Terror. Lord knows, they were so ineffective that their loss wouldn't make a difference. And all the other Assassins come to Arno since he was making headway against the Templars at that time.

del170928075253
11-11-2014, 05:04 PM
It's not correctly written the end of story. Maybe we must to wait the Arno's page in the Initiates website for more informations...

del170928075253
11-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Hi guys,

This is the final speech of Arno during the last cinematic before the credits (when he goes to the Elise's tomb to put flowers) :

"The Creed of the Assassin Brotherhood teaches us that nothing is forbidden to us. Once, i thought that meant we were free to do as we would. To pursue our ideals, no matter the cost.

I understand now. Not a grant of permission. The Creed is a warning. Ideas too easily give way to dogma. Dogma becomes fanaticism. No higher power sits in judgement of us. No supreme being watches to punish us for our sins.

In the end, only we ourselves can guard against our obsessions. Only we can decide whether the road we walk carries to high a toll.

We believe ourselves redeemers, avengers, saviors. We make war on those who oppose us, and they in turn make war on us. We dream of leaving our stamp upon the world ... even as we give our lives in a conflict that will be recorded in no history book.

All that we do, all that we are, begins and ends with ourselves..."

With it, we understand that Arno has learned from his mistakes like Edward. Just read the last but one paragraph. Arno use "we" to speak about him and about the Brotherhood.
In AC games, there is one war which is unknow in history book => The Assassin/Templar War.

So, i'm sure that Arno is reinstated into the Brotherhood but it's not explain in-game... But how to get a confirmation ?

dimbismp
11-13-2014, 11:22 PM
So,i just got the game and it is fantastic!!!I am at the start of sequence 4.Can someone provide me details about the exact time i should play the co-op missions?
Because i was about to start one and i was spoiled about Mirabeu's death.

dimbismp
11-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Someone?

Farlander1991
11-14-2014, 11:15 AM
These are the dates I know so far (haven't played the game yet'just basing on walkthroughs that found).It's for 10 out of 11 missions (dd/mm/yyyy)

Women's March - October 1789
The Food Chain - Summer 1792
Austrian Conspiracy - 02.09.1792
Political Persecution - July, 1793
Heads Will Roll - 13.11.1793
Les Enrages - February 1794
Danton's Sacrifice - 05.04.1794
Moving Mirabeau - May 1794
Jacobin Raid - July 1794
The Infernal Machine - 24.12.1800