PDA

View Full Version : Can't launch ACU from UPlay

CaptainD626
11-11-2014, 08:58 AM
I've bought the game through green man gaming, got the code around 10pm EST, downloaded the game, hit 'play', then it starts to load and then....stops. The ACU logo is on the screen but it won't load. Others who got a green man gaming code are playing, but mine won't:(

Bahjabroni
11-11-2014, 09:24 AM
What are your SPECS?

CaptainD626
11-11-2014, 09:27 AM
r9 280x asus
fx 8320, overclock to 4.4

This should be good enough to at least start the game, right? I can see that it runs for about 10 seconds on task manager and then peters out.

Bahjabroni
11-11-2014, 09:34 AM
r9 280x asus
fx 8320, overclock to 4.4

This should be good enough to at least start the game, right? I can see that it runs for about 10 seconds on task manager and then peters out.

Yes, most definitely you're okay in this respect.

How much ram do you have? What operating system are you running? If you're running a Windows OS, it has to be 64 bit.

CaptainD626
11-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the response!

8gb ram, 1833
windows 8.1 64 bit
asus sabertooth

I just ran metro 2033 and elder scrolls online with no problems as well as many other demanding games. some of them are through steam, some of them aren't. something about ACU or uPlay doesn't sit well with my system. could it be drivers?

IntoTheGray
11-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Maybe thats why UbiJokr opened a new thread for AMD CPU GPU compability, before anyone complained about the performance. Maybe thereīs more than pure performance issues.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/946542-AMD-Graphics-Cards-Compatibility-with-Assassin-s-Creed-Unity

I recommend open the unistall dialog to look if there is something like a repair option.
I give it not too much hope, but you could try to reset your cpu/gpu overclocking settings. Overclocking increases system instability, although I have to say 4.4Ghz for cpu is not too much espacially if the rest of the system is stable, but who knows what crazy optimization the Ubi guys, maybe they did some things on baremetal that are affected by timings.

Moreover you could give look into the Task Manager to see if AC:U still utilizes cpu performance and if the used amount of RAM changes.

If nothing else helps you can just wait for ubi support and or for new drivers, just in case itīs driver related.

Bahjabroni
11-11-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm running this game on high settings with a slightly better GPU than him (AMD), but I have a lesser processor (AMD). Its running smooth as silk for me, so unless its a direct conflict with his particular CPU, I dunno.

It could be a bad install as well.

AMD also released new drivers last night. I installed them and did not run into the same issue as him, so that may be a remedy.

Bahjabroni
11-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the response!

8gb ram, 1833
windows 8.1 64 bit
asus sabertooth

I just ran metro 2033 and elder scrolls online with no problems as well as many other demanding games. some of them are through steam, some of them aren't. something about ACU or uPlay doesn't sit well with my system. could it be drivers?

Yea, try updating to the latest AMD drivers. They just released them last night (they're beta, but they have specific changes for Unity). I have a slightly better GPU than you (R9 290X), but I have a lesser processor than you.

If that doesnt work, if I were you Id uninstall the game and start over from the beginning. It could just be a simple install issue if the repair option isnt available.

Failign that it could be a conflict between this game and your GPU/CPU. Ubisoft are aware of some AMD issues and are working on a fix.

CaptainD626
11-11-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm trying the drivers now, we will see what happens! thx for the replies

Moshassin
11-30-2014, 03:08 PM
I bought the game from the Uplay store and I still have that problem
I got a really good PC so I should run it on ULTRA settings...
And i have the same problem... Ive tried to Reinstall the game and putting Uplay on offline...
still not working....
Is the bug still happening for u guys? did u fix it? how can I fix it?!
I REALLY WANT TO PLAY!