PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity PS4 or Xbox One?

VelocityXCI
11-11-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm lucky enough to have both consoles but for the life of me can't decide which console to get Unity. (first world problems I know)

I know the game is the same res on both but I wonder if the PS4 will still look and run better? I had AC4 on both consoles (got it on PS4 later on for really cheap) and noticed that it looked a lot nicer on PS4 when I compared the two.

So, any reason to get one version over another?

GH0STSoldier00
11-11-2014, 04:10 AM
You should probably get it on the PS4. Just for the graphics.

gkeller16
11-11-2014, 04:55 AM
You should probably get it on the PS4. Just for the graphics.

Unless I missed some news somewhere its 900p 30fps for both consoles. I'm getting it for Xbox strictly for a lazy reason , don't have to get up and switch inputs and my receiver to PS4 . I can not play games anymore for long periods of time, usually a hour max , so its nice to instant switch to tv for a bit then switch right back where I left off.Now if there were a difference in graphics I would have went PS4,

VelocityXCI
11-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Unless I missed some news somewhere its 900p 30fps for both consoles. I'm getting it for Xbox strictly for a lazy reason , don't have to get up and switch inputs and my receiver to PS4 . I can not play games anymore for long periods of time, usually a hour max , so its nice to instant switch to tv for a bit then switch right back where I left off.Now if there were a difference in graphics I would have went PS4,

That's what I'm still a little unsure of. I know they're the same res but I wonder if the PS4 will still look a little better because of better anti-aliasing and less frequent frame rate drops for example.

I'm sure someone will eventually do a graphics comparison but not before the game comes out in the UK (comes out the 14th here)

gkeller16
11-11-2014, 06:23 AM
There is a short minute and a half comparison on YouTube I watched. I'm sure people will argue crushed blacks vs washed out ,they both look near identical to me. I'd pick it up based on what controller or friends you want to play with. I asked my friends which they were buying it on and luckily they chose Xbox.

VelocityXCI
11-11-2014, 11:27 AM
There is a short minute and a half comparison on YouTube I watched. I'm sure people will argue crushed blacks vs washed out ,they both look near identical to me. I'd pick it up based on what controller or friends you want to play with. I asked my friends which they were buying it on and luckily they chose Xbox.

Have a source for the video by any chance?

hood3dassassin5
11-11-2014, 11:40 AM
I say Xbox One if Ubisoft can't settle the PS4 glitches soon enough.

OpticSpecs
11-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Not Again, PS4 v XBOX ONE

hood3dassassin5
11-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Not Again, PS4 v XBOX ONE

No, don't worry, not starting any current-gen debates(Don't have either of the consoles anyway:p) I'm just talking about the fact that all I see on the forums right now are problems about the PS4 version(being unable to connect with companion app, can't start a certain mission, etc.)

OpticSpecs
11-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Maybe because more people have the PS4, so it might be overloading the online servers

Teval30
11-11-2014, 01:27 PM
900p/30fps would be fine if the game actually ran at a constant 30fps. Currently playing on PS4 and the framerate is dropping ALOT, almost unplayable in parts. I would gladly trade the graphics to the level of Black Flag if it ran as smooth tbh.