PDA

View Full Version : Decisions... Decisions...

Mr_Stunner
11-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Hey, I'm a big AC fan but I missed AC IV Black Flag. I was planning to buy a ps4 so I decided to wait and buy the ps4 version.
I already own a ps4 but now I have a feeling that AC IV Black Flag will have a price drop soon, so I'm waiting...
Today I saw this awesome deal to get Unity giving away one of my old ps3 games.

So my question is if it is a good idea to play AC Unity before AC BF, or there is importanto plot points on AC BF that will make Unity's story confusing?

Thanks in advance.

Moultonborough
11-10-2014, 09:23 PM
I would play BF first then Unity. Not too sure yet how much they will overlap though.

wvstolzing
11-10-2014, 09:24 PM
One reservation might be that AC4 might feel a little old (in terms of gameplay mechanics) after ACU. If you've already played AC1-3, then that wouldn't bother you much; but otherwise it might.

Mr_Stunner
11-10-2014, 09:31 PM
One reservation might be that AC4 might feel a little old (in terms of gameplay mechanics) after ACU. If you've already played AC1-3, then that wouldn't bother you much; but otherwise it might.

Yeah I played them, I only missed Black Flag and Liberation, I'm planning on getting them eventually though. I wanted to play Rogue before as well, but I'm only buying it if there will be a ps4 version of it, otherwise I will not invest on it.

I really want to listen as many opinions as I can so I can make a wise decision on this, my biggest fear is that AC IV will feel to old after trying Unity.

wvstolzing
11-10-2014, 10:07 PM
I really want to listen as many opinions as I can so I can make a wise decision on this, my biggest fear is that AC IV will feel to old after trying Unity.

Even assuming that the gameplay might end up feeling old, when everything else is entertaining enough, that shouldn't be a big problem. I played GTA3 and Vice City right after San Andreas; and although it took a bit of time to get used to the drastic difference in character mobility and gunplay, I enjoyed both. -- And that's GTA, where there's no overarching story to speak of.

Farlander1991
11-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Black Flag is a collection of all the best last-gen AC has to offer (with what I consider to be the best-crafted story out of the whole series). And Rogue to AC4 is essentially what is Brotherhood to AC2 - a stand-alone DLC-like (but huge DLC) title that's got everything in the same vein plus a few more mechanics. And in Rogue's case a different protagonist, story, and vibe.

I personally wouldn't recommend Liberation unless it's on a really big sale. Out of all the AC games, that's the one I find REALLY hard to enjoy at all.

All that said, I'm not sure how playing Unity will affect your enjoyment of Black Flag. But story-wise, there's a bit of a modern day thing introduced in BF that's a plotpoint in Unity, but I don't think it would be too confusing.