PDA

View Full Version : ACU Pre-order cancelled by Ubishop

OJDevastator
11-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi all.

So received and email this afternoon (10th Nov) with a confirmation that my pre-order has been cancelled. Another email then came with a refund confirmation. Some context here, I pre-ordered ACU Guillotine Edition for XBOX One.

Now naturally I was pretty curious as to see why the order was cancelled just three days before release so after looking at the forums I decided to call instead of emailing them as it seemed the best way to get answers. So for anyone else that may have experienced this I will tell you what I could find out:

My initial enquiry was to find out why the order was cancelled in the first place. The first response was that I sent an email to them to cancel the order, this not being true so I challenged that. After a while on hold the agent confirmed that I had not emailed them but the actual reason for cancellation was that my order wasn't placed in time for the allocation, meaning that they didn't have enough stock to send. There was also no explanation as to when the cut off date for the allocation was. The solution given was to keep checking online to see if it would come back in stock so while on the phone I checked online and hey presto it's listed as in stock. I got a rather shakey response to that I was told that if I reordered there would be no guarantee that I would receive my order and it might get cancelled again. Just to add insult to injury it's a little more expensive now too.

Now I didn't want to be an a**e down the phone to the agent as he was apologetic and nice enough so maybe an email the the complaints team would be sufficient. This happened to anyone else?

magikaquaror
11-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Hi all.

So received and email this afternoon (10th Nov) with a confirmation that my pre-order has been cancelled. Another email then came with a refund confirmation. Some context here, I pre-ordered ACU Guillotine Edition for XBOX One.

Now naturally I was pretty curious as to see why the order was cancelled just three days before release so after looking at the forums I decided to call instead of emailing them as it seemed the best way to get answers. So for anyone else that may have experienced this I will tell you what I could find out:

My initial enquiry was to find out why the order was cancelled in the first place. The first response was that I sent an email to them to cancel the order, this not being true so I challenged that. After a while on hold the agent confirmed that I had not emailed them but the actual reason for cancellation was that my order wasn't placed in time for the allocation, meaning that they didn't have enough stock to send. There was also no explanation as to when the cut off date for the allocation was. The solution given was to keep checking online to see if it would come back in stock so while on the phone I checked online and hey presto it's listed as in stock. I got a rather shakey response to that I was told that if I reordered there would be no guarantee that I would receive my order and it might get cancelled again. Just to add insult to injury it's a little more expensive now too.

Now I didn't want to be an a**e down the phone to the agent as he was apologetic and nice enough so maybe an email the the complaints team would be sufficient. This happened to anyone else?

Can You tel me when You ordered? I only ordered at the end of last month so i'm a bit worried now. :S

OJDevastator
11-10-2014, 08:32 PM
I ordered back in June.

magikaquaror
11-10-2014, 08:33 PM
I ordered back in June. Jesus, really? That's so dumb, especially since they still have it up for pre-order now, so are all the People who order it now not going to get it either? :S

OJDevastator
11-10-2014, 08:38 PM
No idea. The guy on the phone ordered last month to which he said he was expecting a cancellation email but I'm unconvinced this was the case. I think they've just cancelled it by mistake and are trying to pass the buck. My Suggestion would be to check your emails over the next day or two.

I'm ordering from the UK so it's not out until 13th November.

magikaquaror
11-10-2014, 08:41 PM
No idea. The guy on the phone ordered last month to which he said he was expecting a cancellation email but I'm unconvinced this was the case. I think they've just cancelled it by mistake and are trying to pass the buck. My Suggestion would be to check your emails over the next day or two.

I'm ordering from the UK so it's not out until 13th November.

UK here too Man, myne still says processing, can You try to order Yours again?

OJDevastator
11-10-2014, 08:45 PM
UK here too Man, myne still says processing, can You try to order Yours again?

I've ordered again and so far so good but I'll just keep checking my inbox over the next couple of days to see what they say.

magikaquaror
11-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I've ordered again and so far so good but I'll just keep checking my inbox over the next couple of days to see what they say.

Awesome, I hope it works out all good :). I am really sorry to hear about Your order though

JJJ1303
11-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Same thing happened here last week, not too impressed. Just ordered again and hoping for the best.

OJDevastator
11-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Same thing happened here last week, not too impressed. Just ordered again and hoping for the best.

That sucks man. Hopefully it'll work out. I think I'd like to know whether some of the later pre-orders are actually shipped. But writing my complaint email now so hopefully I might get somewhere.