PDA

View Full Version : A rant - read but don't bash me

NightmareGK13
11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
I'm not one to brag, rant, nor to act in such a fashion, or to do anything of the sort.

Those few who know me, know I am a major fan of the series, sure I lack the economic power to buy every single piece of merchandise but I managed to get the Black Edition of ACII, the Codex Edition of Brotherhood, and the Freedom Edition of ACIII, plus all the books...

It was with no surprise that I pre-ordered and now shipped Notre Dame Edition.
I wasn't really expecting such a high requirements and until today I though my rig would have no trouble running it on the lowest of setting, considering i can run Ryse in max settings...

Not the same but still...

We PC gamers have been constantly butt-****ed by Ubisoft since ACII... enduring years of DRM's, constant delays in releases, and now the major ******** of them all, heck this was a rape actually... What makes me so friggin pissed off? Aside from the requirements?

This -> https://twitter.com/UbiTessa/status/454326094569943040

original work link dated September 15, 2010 - http://nightmaregk13.deviantart.com/art/Arnaud-179359112

This so called Fan Art was made in 2010... far before Arno came to be... notice any coincidence on my Assassin's name? Arnaud? The King of Eagles? Or maybe his sister... coincidentally carrying the same name as my ex-girlfriend who helped me create Arnaud.

The artwork was for Carte Blanche project, something I never seem to see realized, and my french assassin was set in the napoleonic wars.

Right now im sad and mad I wont be able to enjoy such an amount of coincidences, as once again Ubisoft raped me so hard i didn't know what hit me.

I know I sound like a mad man right now, most of you will probably flame me more than the usual haters popping once in a while, but bare with me, after all this, im just both angry and sad and writing out of angst.

It's just so many coincidences in so many levels I find them hard to believe, sure they carry no resemblance in their costumes but the rest... ah well

cheers guys...

Fatal-Feit
11-10-2014, 06:30 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/822/618/4d9.jpg

AherasSTRG
11-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Do you have proof that you made the picture above in 2010? It would be really fun to post it all over the internet :D.

NightmareGK13
11-10-2014, 06:36 PM
check the date of publishing

http://nightmaregk13.deviantart.com/art/Arnaud-179359112

AherasSTRG
11-10-2014, 06:41 PM
SUPER AWESOME. I am gonna forward it.

Anykeyer
11-10-2014, 06:43 PM
and?

AherasSTRG
11-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Nothing. It's just fun.

NightmareGK13
11-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I wasn't expecting much comprehension nor compassion nor anything else for that matter, seeing as probably none of you are artists and never been in this situation, but I would like to see how some of you would behave if you couldn't play the game and had done what I did.

I was expecting that this would fall on deaf ears, but it's just a whole lot of coincidences that make me have a deeper connection than usual and I won't see such thing come to fruition, I will try and see if the game runs... might as well do so since i'm stuck with it now

apresmode
11-10-2014, 10:08 PM
I could see how this would have an effect on your ability to enjoy Unity for sure.

NightmareGK13
11-10-2014, 10:28 PM
If I can actually play, trust me I will enjoy it fully. Every second of it...
I frankly don't care about the rest, just getting the game to work, no one heard from me until now because I didn't give a crap what they did with the artwork, but if they didn't use it and ended up making the game on the one period that speaks most to me, artistically and historically speaking, at least let them make it so that I can enjoy.

cloudgodd1
11-10-2014, 11:13 PM
If I was reading correctly did you submit this for a contest? if so did you read the EULA on that contest? a lot of times when you submit artwork for a contest whether it is photographs, drawings or paintings, you give up all copyrights to that artwork...you may have to check into that however...

Dag_B
11-10-2014, 11:42 PM
So the many "coincidences" are, that you chose the same, eagle based name (I mean, there are not that many names, that can directly be connected to eagles) and that they are both french assassins?
And his sister? You mean Elise? She's is lover, not sister. They grew up together, though.

The point is, they already pointed to french revolution in 2010's Brotherhood. So I would not assume, that this setting has anything to do with your artwork from the same year.
And the name... How many french eaglebased names are there?

NightmareGK13
11-11-2014, 12:18 AM
If I was reading correctly did you submit this for a contest? if so did you read the EULA on that contest? a lot of times when you submit artwork for a contest whether it is photographs, drawings or paintings, you give up all copyrights to that artwork...you may have to check into that however...

It wasn't a contest per se, just an artbook that our artwork would be showcased on.

and Dag_B considering they said it was "4 years in development"

I believe well over 40 or 50 french ones, but I would need to look up more thoroughly.

Please do not mistake my thread for a "they stole my idea", i am not claiming that, and I cannot do so due to the reasons you well stated. As I said from the beginning, this is just a rant of someone who has been screwed time and again as a PC gamer, and of someone who is not very pleased with what's happening with the game on the PC.