PDA

View Full Version : Companion App

apresmode
11-10-2014, 05:20 PM
I've heard there's a companion app for Unity. Does anyone know if it's in the app store yet? What is it called?

TREYB0T777
11-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I have been wondering the same thing.

VitoAuditore
11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
I dont think its in the store yet, ive been looking for it too. typing in any name that I could. from what I see, the ac4 app is still there but the unity app not yet.

apresmode
11-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Yeah I can't remember if the Black Flag companion released on release day or not. I seem to remember having it ready to go right when I picked up the game on midnight release. Well I'm sure it'll be up tomorrow at least.

SlyTrooper
11-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Is it going to be on iphones?

apresmode
11-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Good question. I don't know. Maybe it's just tablets.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 07:02 PM
I hope it's on android phones.

Sassaroth
11-10-2014, 08:58 PM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.unity.companion

BOOM!

who do you love?

Moultonborough
11-10-2014, 09:08 PM
No Iphone, Ipad or kindle support. :(

Ureh
11-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Doh! Yep, gonna have to borrow someone's phone or pad... my phone fell short at 2.2. :(

wvstolzing
11-10-2014, 09:16 PM
I wonder if there will be a 'chrome app'. That way people without any 'mobile devices' can still use whatever the hell this is, inside a browser.

(Provided they install chrome or chromium)

rrebe
11-10-2014, 09:18 PM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.unity.companion

BOOM!

who do you love?

Nice find Sassaroth! Thanks :)

Oh nice, my Android phone is supported :) *downloading*

Alphacos007
11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Does anyone have a link for the app on Apple store? I can run it on my android phone but I'd much rather run it on my iPad instead.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Great! I also found it. It's a very large app. Almost 500mb!

The 3d map of paris looks awesome! The heatmap option is very cool.

apresmode
11-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Can any android users confirm whether there are premium features in this app?

rrebe
11-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Great! I also found it. It's a very large app. Almost 500mb!

The 3d map of paris looks awesome! The heatmap option is very cool.

Nice!
I don't think I'll launch it until Friday when I'll (hopefully) get the game, but it is tempting to give it a go NOW :D

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Nice!
I don't think I'll launch it until Friday when I'll (hopefully) get the game, but it is tempting to give it a go NOW :D

I opened the app and it looks very nice. I even managed to connect to the new initiates site via the app, but i was unable to log in.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Can any android users confirm whether there are premium features in this app?

Yes you can purchase a premium pack for €1,79.

rrebe
11-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I opened the app and it looks very nice. I even managed to connect to the new initiates site via the app, but i was unable to log in.

Not being able to log in (because the Inititates site is not back up yet) is one of the reasons I'm waiting. I want everything to go smoothly :3

Yes you can purchase a premium pack for €1,79.

Does it look like those premium features are a must to complete the game 100% or just something fun and extra?

bitebug2003
11-10-2014, 10:38 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-29-241_zpsa933995b.png

You have to log into Uplay then you can purchase to unlock the above content

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-31-171_zpsbd15e102.png

Haven't tried Inititates but clicking it takes me out of the app to the browser to log in again

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-39-131_zps38e20955.png

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Does it look like those premium features are a must to complete the game 100% or just something fun and extra?

No, you will just get some extra stuff. Nothing you need to complete the game.

rrebe
11-10-2014, 10:50 PM
No, you will just get some extra stuff. Nothing you need to complete the game.

Great! I guess it's worth giving the app a chance then :)

bitebug2003
11-10-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm only on level 2 :( that can't be right :(

Going to install it on my tablet - browser sucks on the phone

Initiates seems to be working sorry for the poor screen cap :p

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/d2c75a25-555a-4788-a076-d3dc684b5c5e_zps8138c426.png

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 11:01 PM

Level 2 on initiates? Were you able to log in?

rrebe
11-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Could the wrong level be because Initiates isn't really back up yet?

Billiam301
11-10-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm level 3 apparently, but I have 0XP :P

Xstantin
11-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Level 2 on initiates? Were you able to log in?

Looks like you can login through the companion app, the browser screws it up though - at least for me

bitebug2003
11-10-2014, 11:04 PM
I posted a screenie ^

IntoTheGray
11-10-2014, 11:04 PM

In some other thread not sure it was under pc oder console someone had the same issue. I hope itīs just because of initiates being offline, thatīs why not signed today. Wonīt risk anything :)

Billiam301
11-10-2014, 11:06 PM
This is the PC browser version of initiates:

http://prod4.acinitiates.com/#!/home

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Looks like you can login through the companion app, the browser screws it up though - at least for me

Same for me. I'm unable to log in.

GoldenBoy9999
11-10-2014, 11:07 PM
https://6173-presscdn-0-2-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Shocked-Face.gif

At first I thought the google play store said "This app is incompatible with all of your devices." Luckily it's the other way around. I love how you can do that though ( going to the google play store from a PC.)

The app looks cool so far but I'll have to wait until 3:30 am until I can get it since it is 500 mb. I can't wait!

IntoTheGray
11-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Clicked on the link and forget that was logged in from forums, didnīt wanīt to login but it never asked me...

Iīm level 1 which canīt be true too, think I was level 16 back then.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 11:14 PM
The normal site is still under maintenance. It's better to wait a couple more hours untill it's online.

DSafrin
11-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Clicked on the link and forget that was logged in from forums, didnīt wanīt to login but it never asked me...

Iīm level 1 which canīt be true too, think I was level 16 back then.

Same here... though my level was not so high, can't remember exactly what level I was.
Also, Liberation HD can be synced, but Liberation can't? Didn't expect that.

ForbiddenJobu
11-10-2014, 11:17 PM
This is the PC browser version of initiates:

Interesting. I was able to bring that site up, and it logged me in automatically, but it just showed me at level 1 - perhaps, as others have said, because the site isn't officially up yet?

The link I always used before was: http://acinitiates.com/

...and that still shows as being down for maintenance.

IntoTheGray
11-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Itīs interesting that initiates still uses my unique uplay name and not my changed username, new ubisoft should use the new username if I remember correctly.

ACfan443
11-10-2014, 11:28 PM
I just downloaded and installed the 400MB companion app only to find that the meat of the in-game content is locked behind a premium pack costing in the region of Ģ1.50? Uninstalled that sh*t faster than Ubisoft could utter the word greed.

Alphacos007
11-10-2014, 11:29 PM
I believe that it's not fully working yet, because it also gives me level 2, while I actually had level 23 before the update.

Edit: Actually, seems like the database of the site is beeing updated as we speak. Everytime I press F5, I get a new badge or something else unlocked on the site. I believe that soon enough everything will be in order.

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
11-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Do anyone know if it will be released in windows?? Thanks guys!!! :)

GoldenBoy9999
11-10-2014, 11:43 PM
So it seems like a lot of you guys aren't liking the premium price. :p I don't like when content is locked behind apps and sites but I uhh... can afford the $2.40 and I'll tell you guys what it's like. I know I'm contributing to Ubi's greed but I want the stuff. :nonchalance:

rrebe
11-10-2014, 11:48 PM
So it seems like a lot of you guys aren't liking the premium price. :p I don't like when content is locked behind apps and sites but I uhh... can afford the $2.40 and I'll tell you guys what it's like. I know I'm contributing to Ubi's greed but I want the stuff. :nonchalance:

Keep us informed will ya ;)

I guess less than 2€ isn't really that much considering some of us are willing to pay up to 150€ for collector editions :rolleyes:
but that might be a problem for some

SlyTrooper
11-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Does anyone know if it's available for download for iphones? This really concerns me.

Alphacos007
11-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Does anyone know if it's available for download for iphones? This really concerns me.

Yes, it is.

Keep us informed will ya ;)

I guess less than 2€ isn't really that much considering some of us are willing to pay up to 150€ for collector editions :rolleyes:
but that might be a problem for some

It's not about how much it is, it's about it existing. I mean, I paid 100 euros for the collectors edition, 2 more euros won't hurt me, but they should not be there.

ACfan443
11-11-2014, 12:03 AM

It's not even about price, it's about principle. We fork over Ģ50/$60 for all content that makes it onto the gold disc, why should we pay more to redeem items we're completely entitled to? DLC is another matter entirely since it's developed after the main game ships, but this is content locked deep within the game code - it shouldn't cost anything because we've already bought it.

Billiam301
11-11-2014, 12:14 AM
It's not even about price, it's about principle. We fork over Ģ50/$60 for all content that makes it onto the gold disc, why should we pay more to redeem items we're completely entitled to? DLC is another matter entirely since it's developed after the main game ships, but this is content locked deep within the game code - it shouldn't cost anything because we've already bought it.

I could not have put it better myself :)

SHADOWGARVIN
11-11-2014, 12:24 AM
The content you unlock by buying the premium pack is only for the app. You don't unlock any in-game content.

GoldenBoy9999
11-11-2014, 12:26 AM

I completely agree with what you said man. I've spent so much money on AC this year. I'll add it up now....

Good Lord! $130 for ACU CE, $60 for ACRo, $30 for Season Pass, $20 for a steel book, $2.40 for the app, $15 for an Arno figure, and $10 for an Adčwale figure. That's a grand total of $267.40 and rising because of Rogue DLC.

Again, I've been on your side a long time and hate that the app has a premium price but it's not going to change anytime soon and I don't want to miss out.

I also want to inform people like rrebe what it's like. ;)

hood3dassassin5
11-11-2014, 01:08 AM

viva la Revolution!

FrankieSatt
11-11-2014, 01:29 AM
I for one will not be paying extra for an app just so I can get content. I'm paying enough for the game I shouldn't have to pay more to access content that should be included. I don't care if it is just $2.40.

ACfan443
11-11-2014, 01:37 AM
I completely agree with what you said man. I've spent so much money on AC this year. I'll add it up now....

Good Lord! $130 for ACU CE, $60 for ACRo, $30 for Season Pass, $20 for a steel book, $2.40 for the app, $15 for an Arno figure, and $10 for an Adčwale figure. That's a grand total of $267.40 and rising because of Rogue DLC.

Again, I've been on your side a long time and hate that the app has a premium price but it's not going to change anytime soon and I don't want to miss out.

I also want to inform people like rrebe what it's like. ;)

Hey it's your money and what you do with it is your prerogative :) I'm just making a point about how it's arrant greed.
There's quite a bit of content locked behind the premium pack so it's understandable why a devoted fan would be willing to pay extra. If I remember correctly, a couple of legacy outfits (one of them being Altair's) are obtainable only via the app, I just hope they're not part of this money grabbing scheme because I've been meaning to get my hands on them ever since I saw the in-game renders :(

Sassaroth
11-11-2014, 02:30 AM

and itunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/assassins-creed-unity-companion/id896612702?mt=8

double BOOM.

Sassaroth
11-11-2014, 03:00 AM
andriod:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nity.companion

I tunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/assa...896612702?mt=8

Enjoy.

Sass

I wanted to know. Has anyone found how to connect this app to your PS4? Or do we have to wait till launch in a few hours? Mine app keeps wanting to connect to PC, adn IO can not find a way to tell the darn thing its looking in the wrong place.

Matt.mc
11-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Hi is it at all possible to download the app to my windows laptop??

wvstolzing
11-11-2014, 03:10 AM
For people who don't own a mobile device: I'll see if I can get the app running on android running on a virtual machine. If I can, I'll post a tutorial.

Before you ask: Android on a virtual machine is 100% legit; using all open-source tools.

Moultonborough
11-11-2014, 04:13 AM
App is up and running for me now. Seems to be cool.

Locopells
11-11-2014, 04:34 AM
For people who don't own a mobile device: I'll see if I can get the app running on android running on a virtual machine. If I can, I'll post a tutorial.

Before you ask: Android on a virtual machine is 100% legit; using all open-source tools.

That's a thing?! I toyed with iPad emulators, but there was nothing useful or legit out there, so I always assumed it was the same for all such things. Do you know if you can do this with the Spiderbot app thing from SC:Blacklist?

wvstolzing
11-11-2014, 04:45 AM
That's a thing?! I toyed with iPad emulators, but there was nothing useful or legit out there, so I always assumed it was the same for all such things. Do you know if you can do this with the Spiderbot app thing from SC:Blacklist?

I'm still downloading the disc for android installation (horribly slow connection, thanks to att). Once I have it installed, I can see if the app you mentioned runs on it.

Unlike iOS, android is open source, so that settles the question of legitimacy -- in fact the disc I'm downloading right now is hosted by none other than google.

The thing is that this is android compiled for x86, as opposed to ARM; that's how it becomes possible to install it into a VirtualBox virtual machine. As far as I know, most android apps are just machine-independent java programs; so as long as the base system runs fine, they wouldn't complain that they're on top of x86 architecture. *However*, some programs have ARM machine code. In that case the VirtualBox strategy wouldn't work.

At this point I don't know whether legit ARM emulators exist (they probably do, but I need to check). If the ACU companion refuses to work on VirtualBox, I'll look into those. Unfortunately I've sold my Raspberry Pi, which is an ARM-based machine. I'd boot it into android (the device itself; nothing 'virtual'), and try the app like that. (Now that I think of it ... I hope this doesn't give me an excuse to get a new Raspberry Pi.)

Xstantin
11-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Have any of guys solved any puzzles? The game unlocks at 3am for me, so I'm waiting for now :nonchalance:

PC Calixto
11-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Is there any chance that this companion app will arrive on Windows phone?

jackxlj
11-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Is there any chance that this companion app will arrive on Windows phone?

app is already out for windows phone,works great

Moultonborough
11-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Have any of guys solved any puzzles? The game unlocks at 3am for me, so I'm waiting for now :nonchalance:

I'm in the US as well (EST) and the app has been working since about 10 PM. Now 1:50 or so AM

GoldenBoy9999
11-11-2014, 08:08 AM
I'm still downloading the disc for android installation (horribly slow connection, thanks to att). Once I have it installed, I can see if the app you mentioned runs on it.

Unlike iOS, android is open source, so that settles the question of legitimacy -- in fact the disc I'm downloading right now is hosted by none other than google.

The thing is that this is android compiled for x86, as opposed to ARM; that's how it becomes possible to install it into a VirtualBox virtual machine. As far as I know, most android apps are just machine-independent java programs; so as long as the base system runs fine, they wouldn't complain that they're on top of x86 architecture. *However*, some programs have ARM machine code. In that case the VirtualBox strategy wouldn't work.

At this point I don't know whether legit ARM emulators exist (they probably do, but I need to check). If the ACU companion refuses to work on VirtualBox, I'll look into those. Unfortunately I've sold my Raspberry Pi, which is an ARM-based machine. I'd boot it into android (the device itself; nothing 'virtual'), and try the app like that. (Now that I think of it ... I hope this doesn't give me an excuse to get a new Raspberry Pi.)

I'd rather use it on a PC (that is what you're talking about right?) but I currently have a virtual machine on this PC running Windows 10 and it goes pretty slow. My PC's fine but it struggles to run 2 machines at once.

Brostok
11-11-2014, 08:32 AM
I'm a sad panda right now, the app is running fine on a virtual tablet on my pc, but is not available on my Lumia 620 :/
I know it's a weak one but maybe Ubisoft would be kind to open it to 512mb devices :o

wvstolzing
11-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I'd rather use it on a PC (that is what you're talking about right?) but I currently have a virtual machine on this PC running Windows 10 and it goes pretty slow. My PC's fine but it struggles to run 2 machines at once.

Yes, installing it on any PC (i.e., any x86 machine that runs VirtualBox, be it Linux, Windows, MacOS, BSD, etc.); I'll try it on a Linux laptop which is my only computer.

It's still downloading (yes, a ~350MB download takes hours, thanks to att); once it's done I'll try it with VirtualBox, but if you're on a Mac, and have VMware or Parallels, that would work as well. In fact, that might be preferable, because VMware and Parallels are very good at allocating resources between VMs; with VirtualBox (at least the open source version on Linux) I've never been able to run two VMs at once, although I have 16GB of RAM.

... of course, considering that I'll have to download the ~500MB app as well, I don't think the 'experiment' will yield any results before tomorrow evening.

The att-comcast duopoly can go to hell.

I'm a sad panda right now, the app is running fine on a virtual tablet on my pc, but is not available on my Lumia 620 :/
I know it's a weak one but maybe Ubisoft would be kind to open it to 512mb devices :o

What's the virtual tablet running on? Is it the x86 edition of android? Or do you have a legit ARM based emulator?

Brostok
11-11-2014, 08:40 AM
I just dled Andy and that's it, log in with my G account and it works real fine. Just the intro runs a little slow but otherwise it's good.

Im2aKillerfish
11-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Does the app unlock anything in-game? I remember seeing in a vid it opens something but I'm not sure. I cannot download it myself, my phone keeps claiming "Insufficient external storage", when there's more than enough space for the app (2GB)

wvstolzing
11-11-2014, 08:50 AM
I just dled Andy and that's it, log in with my G account and it works real fine. Just the intro runs a little slow but otherwise it's good.

'Andy' looks interesting; though it seems to be Windows only.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable entering in google account info into it ... I mean, the website lists developers' names, 'testimonials', and whatnot, but it's still closed source. I tend not to like that. (I'm not even entirely comfortable using dropbox on Linux.)

*** EDIT ***

I installed Android on VirtualBox, did the google set up, etc. The Unity Companion app didn't complain about any incompatibilities, and started downloading. Once it's finished I'll see if it properly works, and then post a brief tutorial for it.

ALTAIR-KRATOS2
11-11-2014, 10:07 AM
app is already out for windows phone,works great

And for windows market? I mean, for tablets. Thanks guys. :)