PDA

View Full Version : Screen Resolution

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Sorry, meant to also ask this question in my last post.

I have a 19-inch Sony trinitron flat screen running at 1024x768 at 32-bit colour quality. It looks great.

I was experimenting quickly last night at higher resolutions but didn't see any significant differences in picture quality. Should I be expecting any noticeable improvements above my normal settings? What settings are other gamers using?

Also, there was a post a little while ago that included a number of hi-res screenshots that make the game look almost photographic. Was this achieved through a photo-editing program, or is this the result of a high-end gaming machine?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

---------------------------------------
Online Presence - TacticalSkirmish

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Sorry, meant to also ask this question in my last post.

I have a 19-inch Sony trinitron flat screen running at 1024x768 at 32-bit colour quality. It looks great.

I was experimenting quickly last night at higher resolutions but didn't see any significant differences in picture quality. Should I be expecting any noticeable improvements above my normal settings? What settings are other gamers using?

Also, there was a post a little while ago that included a number of hi-res screenshots that make the game look almost photographic. Was this achieved through a photo-editing program, or is this the result of a high-end gaming machine?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

---------------------------------------
Online Presence - TacticalSkirmish

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 05:45 PM
The photographic screenshops are done with different filters and plugins of a picture editing software like Adobe Photoshop or paint Shop Pro.

I play at 1280x960 and really recommend you to rise your resolution if you have 19" monitor and good system. You will certainly see a decrease in framerate, but on the other hand there is almost no reason for antialiasing because the higher resolution is less blocky and more crisp. At least this difference you must see. The same quality as 17" monitor users see at 1024x768 you will see at 1280x960 or more. The higher resolution you use, the more crisp the image quality is.