PDA

View Full Version : Retail Copy on PC

YiffMeJune_.
11-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Hey, I could potentially pick up a retail copy of ACU on PC later today.. Is that one already playable? I know with Watch_Dogs you were able to activate and play before the official launch, but I wanted to ask how its looking for this? Anyone already got a retail copy to confirm?

D_cover
11-10-2014, 04:17 PM
How about you get that retail copy and give it to me? ;)

I would assume so. I've rumors of people on PC already playing. But even still worth a shot?

wichking
11-10-2014, 08:06 PM
just install it lol why do you ask us

Tanyn
11-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Every year, I try to get my best friend (the manage at the local GameStop) to let me have my copy of Assassin's Creed a couple of days early. He always says: "Sure, if you're willing to pay the $50,000 fine for selling it early, you can walk out with it right now." ... That said, if you manage to get your hands on a copy of it, i don't think it's against the law to try and play it ... but I wouldn't count on it even *being* playable, until Ubisoft unlocks it through UPlay, which won't happen until tonight's release.

Rekalty
11-10-2014, 08:35 PM
It would appear so, some guy at Neogaf bought the retail copy in a store and installed it, worked for him:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930145

Warning though, it's Neogaf. You have been warned.

AntiChrist7
11-10-2014, 11:41 PM
If you're planning on picking it up anyway, surely there is no harm in doing so early?