PDA

View Full Version : How long is ACU's main campaign?

dimbismp
11-10-2014, 07:57 AM
I heard it's 13 sequences,but how long is eaxh sequence?

VestigialLlama4
11-10-2014, 08:10 AM
It varies from sequence to sequence. It gets longer as it goes along.

Farlander1991
11-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Prologue
Sequence 1 - 3 memories
Sequence 2 - 2 memories
Sequence 3 - 2 memories
Interlude
Sequence 4 - 2 memories
Sequence 5 - 3 memories
Sequence 6 - 2 memories
Sequence 7 - 3 memories
Interlude
Sequence 8 - 2 memories
Sequence 9 - 3 memories
Sequence 10 - 2 memories
Sequence 11 - 2 memories
Interlude
Sequence 12 - 3 memories

Each mission is pretty lengthy though. If we compare how different games and their missions were designed, the Memory 1 of Sequence 1 of ACU is like 5 first missions of AC2.

dimbismp
11-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Prologue
Sequence 1 - 3 memories
Sequence 2 - 2 memories
Sequence 3 - 2 memories
Interlude
Sequence 4 - 2 memories
Sequence 5 - 3 memories
Sequence 6 - 2 memories
Sequence 7 - 3 memories
Interlude
Sequence 8 - 2 memories
Sequence 9 - 3 memories
Sequence 10 - 2 memories
Sequence 11 - 2 memories
Interlude
Sequence 12 - 3 memories

Each mission is pretty lengthy though. If we compare how different games and their missions were designed, the Memory 1 of Sequence 1 of ACU is like 5 first missions of AC2.

Wtf??2 missions per sequence!!So is it basically assassination after assassination?!?!
Could you compare the length to ac4?

Farlander1991
11-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Wtf??2 missions per sequence!!So is it basically assassination after assassination?!?!
Could you compare the length to ac4?

AC4 goes like this:
Sequence 1 - 1 memory
Sequence 2 - 6 memories
Sequence 3 - 7 memories
Sequence 4 - 4 memories
Sequence 5 - 3 memories
Sequence 6 - 3 memories
Sequence 7 - 4 memories
Sequence 8 - 3 memories
Sequence 9 - 2 memories
Sequence 10 - 3 memories
Sequence 11 - 3 memories
Sequence 12 - 4 memories
Sequence 13 - 2 cutscene memories

So AC4 has got 43 playable missions, while ACU has got 33 (including prologue and interludes, that is). But judging by walkthroughs, ACU average mission length is 15 min while AC4 is 10 min, so ACU campaign is longer than AC4's playtime-wise.

In ACU there's an assassination mission per sequence starting with 3 (though IIRC one of the sequences doesn't have one), but a couple are not blackbox assassinations. It makes sense in context as ACU deals with a murder mystery and a conspiracy theory and with each assassination you get to know another chess piece.

lothario-da-be
11-10-2014, 04:39 PM
So if there are less misions, does that mean the amount of cutscenes has been decreased too? ( I love cutscenes )

cawatrooper9
11-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Remember, though, the devs have said that the campaign missions and the side missions are all part of the game's ultimate goal- for Arno to become a master Assassin. You learn skills and get gear from pretty much everything you do.

Considering how combat has been revamped, I wonder if these side missions are kind of necessary. Consider Black Flag, for instance. In previous AC games, upgrading your character was pretty much entirely optional- it was never hard to beat the game with the default gear. In Black Flag, though, you pretty much had to upgrade the Jackdaw pretty significantly to get through the game. So, I wonder if we'll have to do quite a bit of upgrading to get anywhere with Arno, too.

CoachAssassin
11-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Remember, though, the devs have said that the campaign missions and the side missions are all part of the game's ultimate goal- for Arno to become a master Assassin. You learn skills and get gear from pretty much everything you do.

Considering how combat has been revamped, I wonder if these side missions are kind of necessary. Consider Black Flag, for instance. In previous AC games, upgrading your character was pretty much entirely optional- it was never hard to beat the game with the default gear. In Black Flag, though, you pretty much had to upgrade the Jackdaw pretty significantly to get through the game. So, I wonder if we'll have to do quite a bit of upgrading to get anywhere with Arno, too.

Well, once you are rushing through the missions you'll pile up gold and get to buy the necessarry equipments real fast along the way, so no, it's not like ACBF in that sense. It's a cosmetic choice etc though, and if you aren't a uber assassin expert, you might want to do like a few heists to upgrade real fast.

Also to other people saying BF was shorter then Unity, I haven't noticed that at all. I'm pretty sure to me it felt like BF was way longer and richer in content and cutscenes then Unitys MS was.

dimbismp
11-17-2014, 04:10 PM
It felt short....