PDA

View Full Version : RoW Pre-Purchase Steam

Jp222
11-10-2014, 12:47 AM
Hello,
I pre-ordered AC Unity a month ago in Taiwan, and there is a ROW next to the game title. Now that I moved to the UK, I cannot see the AC Unity page anymore. Does that mean that I will not be able to download the game due to the "rest of world" thing? I really hope the pre-purchase I made was not region locked. Does anyone know if it'll work? Because it won't, I'll need to quickly request a refund. Thanks

Alphacos007
11-10-2014, 12:59 AM
The game is not available in the UK anymore, that's why you can't see it's page. But if you purchased it before it was taken down, and it is in your game library, then it should work without any problems.

Jp222
11-10-2014, 01:03 AM
The game is not available in the UK anymore, that's why you can't see it's page. But if you purchased it before it was taken down, and it is in your game library, then it should work without any problems.

The game is actually back on steam. The main issue for me right now is actually that I pre-ordered the game outside of the EU so I am really unsure if steam will allow me to download the game, given that the pre-purchase I made has a ROW sign on it. ROW tends to indicate that the game is region locked in at least one region.... So I don't know if I would be able to download the game I bought in Taiwan here in UK. Thanks for the reply though

Alphacos007
11-10-2014, 01:07 AM
The game is actually back on steam. The main issue for me right now is actually that I pre-ordered the game outside of the EU so I am really unsure if steam will allow me to download the game, given that the pre-purchase I made has a ROW sign on it. ROW tends to indicate that the game is region locked in at least one region.... So I don't know if I would be able to download the game I bought in Taiwan here in UK. Thanks for the reply though

Actually, no. It is not available in the UK, check it by yourself if you want to. It was only restored to the other regions. And RoW means it has no region lock whatsoever, so as I said, as long as it's already on your library, you'll be safe with it.

nultma
11-10-2014, 01:25 AM

ROW just generally means that there are russian keys that are region locked to prevent people reselling the keys to undercut the original distributor. My Australian steam purchase is an RoW version so you have nothing to worry about.

Jp222
11-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Alright, thanks guys for your comments. Hopefully you guys are right +_+