PDA

View Full Version : Is the Disguise Skill time limited?

MikeADX
11-09-2014, 11:26 PM
I've read that you can stay in disguise indefinitely as long as you don't perform any high profile actions.. but have also read that the skill is time limited and that you can only use it for a short time.

Is anyone able to confirm which is true? I think it'd be pretty cool to explore under disguise!

SHADOWGARVIN
11-09-2014, 11:42 PM
You can only stay in disguise for a limited time.

Nuartey
11-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Not feeling the disguise skill. Breaks immersion for me.

MikeADX
11-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Anyone else able to confirm this one? Just odd cause on a recent video the player went on in disguise for a little over a minute before running and breaking off from it. Kinda cool to use it out in the open when there aren't guards around and you're just sort of enjoying the costumes.

Beschikbaar
11-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Its time limited.

MikeADX
11-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Its time limited.

Source?

SHADOWGARVIN
11-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Source?

The numerous gameplay videos. Go see for yourself.

russr1123
11-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Can the disguise skill be used in single player mode or is it only for Co-Op?

TwentyGlyphs
11-23-2014, 01:55 AM
This game does such a poor job of explaining this stuff. You'd think they'd say in the skill's description how long it lasts and how long its cooldown is, but nope, they don't. I tried it out for the first time today and it definitely ended even though I didn't perform a high-profile action. It's possible I got too close to a guard, but who knows.

There's absolutely no feedback on how this skill functions. You'd think there would be some kind of effect to warn you that what you're doing is about to disable the skill, but nope. It just ends instantaneously. And how long is the cooldown? Beats me. The icon stays red in the weapon menu, but it's not easy to access that menu to see if the skill is available without actually switching weapons or trying to use the skill even if you're not ready to. And there's no countdown indicator to tell me the skill is about to become available again.

For the record, I did use the skill in the single player free roam mode.

jeffies04
11-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Wouldn't it be more realistic to keep it active until you get detected?

I mean if I go put on a cop's uniform it's not going to magically vanish off my body unless I walk into the police station and the cops take it off me :P

edit... that last sentence sounds wrong but I hope you get my meaning.

SixKeys
11-23-2014, 03:20 AM
I guess I'm so used to the ability in AC multiplayer that it goes without saying to me that it's a limited duration skill.

The only beef I have with it is that there's no visual warning when the ability is about to end. In the MP your character started blinking before the disguise faded, so you knew you had a few seconds left to duck behind a corner. In Unity the change is very jarring.

TheIronLotus420
11-23-2014, 05:33 AM
Your active skill's icon is on the player widget next to your name. It functions exactly the same as the eagle vision icon, with a timer and cool down.

TwentyGlyphs
11-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Your active skill's icon is on the player widget next to your name. It functions exactly the same as the eagle vision icon, with a timer and cool down.

Thank you. It's very weird that all the other tools and cooldowns are in the bottom right and this one is in the upper left. I never would have noticed it there without your tip. That box is pretty useless. Why does it show my PSN account name all the time? I know who I'm signed in as.