PDA

View Full Version : German Version of Unity censored ?

Morpheus7000
11-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Hello,

Now that I have seen the Screenshots and the Video for "The Time Anomaly Trailer" which takes places in Paris during WW2 I have one question:
Are there things that have been removed from the german Version of Assassin's Creed Unity (for Example: dialogues or swastikas) or do the german and the international Version of the game have the exact same content. Since they already censored South Park - The Stick of Truth it wouldn't be the first game from Ubisoft which has been censored in germany.
I have already asked the Support, but they just told me to look into the forums. Does anyone know more about this topic?

Gin0r
11-09-2014, 05:35 PM
This has been bothering me a bit, too, but if support hasnít got the answer, Iím afraid we just have to wait and see

Iíd be fine if they just remove the swastikas ŗ la Wolfenstein, stupid as it is.
But if they change the dialog AND make the english voice acting unavailable Iíll be pissed simply because I always play in English because I find the voice acting in most German versions terrible.
I heard they did this with Wolfenstein New Order Ė But I havenít played it and maybe it was because my friend had a digital copy only and they cut out the other languages to save on disk space.

Iím just glad the worst times of censorship are over. Ever heard of "I have no mouth and I must scream"?
It was an adventure game who became completely unwinnable in the German version because they had to remove an entire segment because it took place in a concentration camp (making a point about about the inhumanity and the horror of the holocaust, needless to say).