PDA

View Full Version : Will Ubisoft have better support for Unity (PC) ?

dericslab
11-09-2014, 11:55 AM
I actually don't want to support Ubisoft since I feel their support and service post-sales is crap, but I do enjoy playing the games. (when they run).

I have had problems with previous titles but not as bad as in Black Flag (PC) when we couldn't play online for MONTHS since the game would crash after updating from the
servers ( was / is a major problem in South Africa and other countries) and then the fiasco with the lost saved games. (I lost my saved game after it had completed the game and both armour sets)

I want the new game, but I also want Ubisoft to actually CARE when players have legitimate problems, and just to ADMIT when there are issues so that we all at least aware.
I don't want to find out that saved games are not being saved only when I go onto the forum to find a solution. Post it in game then or something!

Surely I am not the only one that feels like this?!
I have tweeted and written Ubisoft before, but just like their support level I get ignored.

I really wish someone from Ubisoft would just have the balls to call it like it is, and to give us feedback.

https://twitter.com/Dericslab/status/531397245183483905

AherasSTRG
11-09-2014, 12:01 PM
4 years of closely following Ubisoft games have taught that there is no way Ubi will ever care about the PC versions of their games.

del160901084246
11-09-2014, 12:42 PM
I actually don't want to support Ubisoft since I feel their support and service post-sales is crap, but I do enjoy playing the games. (when they run).

I have had problems with previous titles but not as bad as in Black Flag (PC) when we couldn't play online for MONTHS since the game would crash after updating from the
servers ( was / is a major problem in South Africa and other countries) and then the fiasco with the lost saved games. (I lost my saved game after it had completed the game and both armour sets)

I want the new game, but I also want Ubisoft to actually CARE when players have legitimate problems, and just to ADMIT when there are issues so that we all at least aware.
I don't want to find out that saved games are not being saved only when I go onto the forum to find a solution. Post it in game then or something!

Surely I am not the only one that feels like this?!
I have tweeted and written Ubisoft before, but just like their support level I get ignored.

I really wish someone from Ubisoft would just have the balls to call it like it is, and to give us feedback.

https://twitter.com/Dericslab/status/531397245183483905

No chance! Did you see the supported GPU's in the System-Requirements? These cards will becomme a little support, and perfomance patches, but the other 95% will become a slap in the face. Did you hear or read a statement from Ubisoft to the PC-Specs? Did you see PC-Gameplay from Ubisoft (not from NVIDIA)? To these questions, you can answer: NO. Ubisoft doesn't care about the PC-Version, because everyone have the opportunity to upgrade.

dericslab
11-09-2014, 01:52 PM
My problem with the PC version is not compatibility of parts or game specs, but the actual support they offer to repair problems in the game, and the integrity of the patches itself. Thanks for the replies guys. at least someone is listening.

del160901084246
11-09-2014, 02:57 PM
My problem with the PC version is not compatibility of parts or game specs, but the actual support they offer to repair problems in the game, and the integrity of the patches itself. Thanks for the replies guys. at least someone is listening.

You're welcome mate!

If the consoles and the PC has the same problem, you could expect an update for both, but probems that are exclusively on the PC, won't become Patches, as I know Ubisoft. I think the biggest problem would be all PC's that doesn't rech the min-specs could have problems (microstutter, crashes, framedrops etc.) and Ubisoft doesn't have to fix them, because they just support a few CPU's and GPU's (nearly just High-End Hardware), and optimized the game just for them. I don't like the way how Ubisoft want's us to upgrade our PC's or buy a console.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Answering from the Customer Service point of view, I personally am based in the same centre as some of the EMEA Customer Support agents, so I am in direct contact with the teams dealing with your issues on a day to day basis, to help ensure the experience you have overall is the best it can be.

We can't always predict issues,such as unexpected server outages - however we will make sure to keep your guys upto date on issues such as that going forward with the launch of Unity - and pass on your feedback on issues and any bugs to help the Dev team squash them.

We understand the frustration you guys have, if you don't know about issues that affect your gaming, so we are hoping to change that from ;)

dericslab
11-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Answering from the Customer Service point of view, I personally am based in the same centre as some of the EMEA Customer Support agents, so I am in direct contact with the teams dealing with your issues on a day to day basis, to help ensure the experience you have overall is the best it can be.

We can't always predict issues,such as unexpected server outages - however we will make sure to keep your guys upto date on issues such as that going forward with the launch of Unity - and pass on your feedback on issues and any bugs to help the Dev team squash them.

We understand the frustration you guys have, if you don't know about issues that affect your gaming, so we are hoping to change that from ;)

Thanks Mr Shade, I appreciate you replying.

If there is at least some form of communication in the works that shows acknowledgement of a problem and that its being addressed, that goes a long way too.

I was very annoyed during Black Flag. A fellow player solved the issue that the local server which the game was updating from was a problem, and gave us a fix to have
the game patched from servers in the UK I think. The posts about the fix kept being removed from the forums, and lots of us felt like the problem was not only being left from being addressed, but that the solution was being hidden also.

Maybe we will have a much better experience with Unity, and problems like we have had in the past will be null and void in the new game.

D_cover
11-10-2014, 02:46 AM
What Ubisoft need to do is fire the guys that don't care about the PC version or are not putting the effort in. It wouldn't take long to hire someone who wants to work at Ubisoft and make good PC games. The are the guys that lack a passion for video games in Ubisoft specially on the PC side. Mostly Sylvain Trottier remember that classic about "PC optimisation doesn't matter"? In my mind that means consoles can spend between 40 to 60 and PC will be 40 to 60 entry fee. If you want to get the best experience spend another 500+ on a new GPU

Lets face it Watch Dogs still isn't as great as it could of been and now never will be if devs cared a little more about the PC version. Keep the E3 shaders you didn't need to take them out you selfish fools.

Look at Crytek with Ryse: Son of Rome. These guys are meant to be in finicial trouble but can still pull out an amazing game that was built for a whole other console. Yeah not a great game but that was released first on the xbox one then released on the PC later looking better and playing better than the original console version.

Ubisoft need to do one or the other. Simply stop talking or make better ports. They could always hire someone who can do the job right.

What is really annoying is that Ubisoft could be so much better but they simply can't be bothered when it comes to PC. The amount of arrogance some of the devs show. We gamers do read the articles and no one takes it out of context. We read the quotes you say and if you can't string together a simple sentense without messing up what you mean god help you when it comes to making a game.

In other news we took Assassin's Creed out of context it is acually a military FPS.

hasznaloubi2005
11-10-2014, 09:10 PM
4 years of closely following Ubisoft games have taught that there is no way Ubi will ever care about the PC versions of their games.
I realize this is a post from the past, but wisdom is where you find it. As usual, you hit the nail on the head and went right to the heart of the matter. This has frustrated me more and more as I progressed in the series. Frankly I regret getting "hooked" by AC1, where I don't remember too many problems, because each new title gets worse almost as if Ubisoft wants the PC players to go away. How this is good for Ubisoft, is a mystery to me.

hasznaloubi2005
11-10-2014, 09:20 PM
You're welcome mate!
If the consoles and the PC has the same problem, you could expect an update for both, but probems that are exclusively on the PC, won't become Patches, as I know Ubisoft. I think the biggest problem would be all PC's that doesn't rech the min-specs could have problems (microstutter, crashes, framedrops etc.) and Ubisoft doesn't have to fix them, because they just support a few CPU's and GPU's (nearly just High-End Hardware), and optimized the game just for them. I don't like the way how Ubisoft want's us to upgrade our PC's or buy a console.
Your points make sense, but for what it is worth I can tell you that even on a system that exceeds the specs of probably 90% of the PCs trying to play these titles, the problems abound. I keep wondering why Ubisoft seems to make an effort to turn off PC players, and how this helps their business.Are they owned by one or more console makers perhaps? Is this a strategy to do what you suggest: make people buy consoles? If so, they'll have a long wait for me, and a longer wait for me to buy more of their products.

hasznaloubi2005
11-10-2014, 09:29 PM
To Mr_Shade: you seem to be in management, so please tell me why Ubisoft seems determined to get rid of PC gamers. Even on high end hardware the titles work poorly and it is unlikely that a customer will want to come back for more of the same.I am not referring to server problems, but just to the general way that the games are implemented on the PC. So what is the business model that makes this a good strategy for Ubisoft?

Deroni76
11-10-2014, 10:05 PM
"Will Ubisoft have better support for Unity (PC) ?"

I'll answer your question with a question:
Does the Sun rise from the west?